Discussion: Spirits Beyond Midterm Patch Notes

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Senshu, May 11, 2016.

1. Senshu

Senshu Administrator Octopi

Last edited: May 11, 2016
  2. Gnomes

Gnomes Forum Royalty

New Myx makes me happy, even if there was not much changed for this midterm.

Woffleet likes this.
  3. Xirone

Xirone I need me some PIE!

Protective seems kind of lame now at Enraged 1 for, presumably, 6 nora.

Osidan and Tweek516 like this.
  4. Elves Rule

Elves Rule I need me some PIE!

Fixed an issue where the ability Dispel would work on champions with Impenetrable

Wow, the bug report forums actually are checked, even if not replied to. My lack of faith has been rectified!

IronStylus likes this.
  5. OriginalG1

OriginalG1 I need me some PIE!

Not a fan of the knock back change. (Not being able to knock champs in chasm.) I guess it is consistent though. It always bothered me that you could knock a champ into a chasm, but not pull or relocate them into a chasm.

6. Tweek516

Tweek516 I need me some PIE!

Really not liking the protective changes.

I like the way myx is going, should have been like this from the beginning (with the incubate material.

7. Senshu

Senshu Administrator Octopi

The Spirits Beyond Midterm is Now Live!

8. GemmaXylia

GemmaXylia Forum Royalty

We can have a frond mother but not a sporegill king?

:(

9. Tweek516

Tweek516 I need me some PIE!

First thoughts:

Riftwalker: Jesus this guy is gonna be scary, escalating rage plus a teleport means he may be able to chew through a couple champs in a turn.

Frostwing: Eh, might be missing something but looks cool but nothing too special. He looks strong, but just a bit bland. Might be wrong though - have to see how he plays. Good for flying bgs I guess.

(opinion on this champ may change when I find out what beset does)

Mother of Frond: Jokey rune I guess. Good in beast bg, that's probably about it.

Incubator: Heh this guy is cool. Probably my favourite rune of the xpac. Kinda surprised his incubate abilities don't share a cd though.

Strangler: Jesus christ this champ looks op af. Cool though.

Swift Current: Cool I guess, don't play much FS etc but looks interesting.

Shieldwarden: Another tanky contruct/draksar. Eh, sure.

Rotwrapper: Amazing art - seriously some really great art here. Love it. Looks really freaking good for zombie bgs - provides so so much. This champ may make zombies super strong again.

Strongest runes of the xpac: Naria as a standalone champ, rotwrapper in theme imo.

10. GemmaXylia

GemmaXylia Forum Royalty

Can we talk about why the KF legendary is a joke rune?

1) Ambling frond was used a cheap font harasser back in the day.. don't think i've seen one used in the last year?
    2) I've played this game for like 8 years and I don't think i've seen spontaneous growth be used competitively once.. like ever? Would of preferred it on cultivate the earth if you wanted to pick a pretty useless spell. Atleast that way i generate 5 nora from having frond out / could try and work some kind of hidden vege deck as cultivate generates more grass.
    3) mother frond itself isn't a plant? ambling frond is a plant. looks pretty plant-like to me.
    4) protective was nerfed so this champion doesn't have a decent offensive power.. and doesn't have decent support abilities. What do I use it for?

Maybe it's just personal preference because I am more attached to sporegill than I am to frond.

11. Vartop

Vartop Well-Known Member

Battlegroup theory-crafting awayyyyyyy~

soulmilk, poinl, Gnomes and 1 other person like this.
  12. Elves Rule

Elves Rule I need me some PIE!

Mother of frond is the mother of a demi god, right? So she either must be a full on god, or a normal beast. I vote for fully powered god with the ability to insta-win the game. Like exodia.

Seriously though it's as bad if not worse than ambling frond itself, except it can't be used to contest fonts forever. I mean I don't think I would even use spontaneous growths if I had this and favor out! (as in, 10nora).

13. Ragic

Ragic I need me some PIE!

knock back into chasm finally fixed and yet dom/cliff lives on? priceless

Goyo and Axeraiser like this.
  14. Gnomes

Gnomes Forum Royalty

My god is Mother Frond COOL!

Last edited: May 11, 2016
    newsbuff and Capitulator like this.
  15. OriginalG1

Morther frond, pay 15 nora to spot heal 10hp, self heal 8 hp, and put veggies on the ground, and granting sonic arua? Get ambling fronds for under 50 nora depending on build (55-60 hp unit with 2 defense)? Joke rune? Right. Chick is good.

newsbuff and Gnomes like this.
  16. GemmaXylia

GemmaXylia Forum Royalty

you pay 20 nora unless you have favor out aswell. I mean I want to like it/ i'm going to make a deck to focus on her anyway.. but I am really not seeing it.

Would be cool if mother frond interacted so when ambling frond was out they both get startle. Then they do real damage!

17. Xirone

Xirone I need me some PIE!

Since she is just a beast, it makes you wonder who the Full-God plant daddy is that took a liking to this little lady.

soulmilk likes this.
  18. Wraith

Wraith Administrator Octopi

Is she??? Check her out in a game ;)

19. OriginalG1

i need a rune called "plant daddy" now!

soulmilk likes this.
  20. Lushiris

Lushiris I need me some PIE!

[​IMG]

This just belongs here.

Goyo, mw24, H3II and 7 others like this.