Discussion: Spirits Beyond Midterm Patch Notes

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Senshu, May 11, 2016.

1. Markoth

Markoth Lord Inquisitor

Fairly big difference from a code standpoint.

2. darklord48

darklord48 Forum Royalty

Knockback into a chasm is now strictly worse than knockback into an object. At least with an object you're guaranteed the damage. Now you'll remove AP down to 0 before dealing damage.

3. Wraith

Wraith Administrator Octopi

AP denial can be amazing, but I guess if you're trying to one round, it is worse.

4. Lushiris

Lushiris I need me some PIE!

Gale got indirectly nerfed, now people will surely stop whining about it.

lie.jpg

Pattn199 likes this.
  5. Hiyashi

Hiyashi I need me some PIE!

I don't understand why you didn't throw the AP loss rule over board and just made knockback treat chasms like any other object.

Goyo, Qucas and Lushiris like this.
  6. GemmaXylia

GemmaXylia Forum Royalty

So I am enjoying messing around with mother of frond.. Trying to set up some kind of hidden vege / terrain control deck with woodchucks and general hidden/domain champs..

Still +1 the idea that frond mother gives ambling fronds startle! (Yes it's probably OP but it would be really fun!) :D

Gnomes, Qucas and OriginalG1 like this.
  7. Sokolov

Sokolov The One True Cactuar Octopi

Mostly because I am considering going the other way with it where both take AP first. This will allow more open-ended design for knockback effects in general instead of anything KB2 or more being IMMEDIATE FREAKOUT TIME.

(Of course, this nerfs some stuff like Gale Force pretty hard, so it's not something I want to do lightly.)

8. Axeraiser

Axeraiser I need me some PIE!

Yeah its shoeboxed Si
    lverclan Protector which is devastating for Constructs unfortunately :(

9. Lushiris

It hurt KF a lot more than any other faction tbh, more specifically garus.

10. poinl

poinl I need me some PIE!

Have you thought about knock back into chasms causing CC instead of the dmg?

Gnomes likes this.
  11. themacca

themacca Master of Challenges

I'm a bit disappointed to see such a large lack of changes, even by a midterms standards. However if that means you're feeling more confident about the game requiring less changes than that's good to hear.

Anyways i like a few of the midterm runes so i will be buying a box and testing it out for a while. hopefully the (albeit small) break gave me enough of a break to take enjoyment in my return.

Gnomes likes this.
  12. Sokolov

Sokolov The One True Cactuar Octopi

Protective should be 3 nora.

Focus was a bit different this time around. There were more of a focus on bug fixing and description/text updates with this patch.

But yea, I am hoping to slow down the pace old content changes going forward - outside of theme specific revitalizations or mechanic reworks (such as the upcoming Hunter/Foe reworks).

Also, baby.

Last edited: May 11, 2016
    soulmilk, kalasle and Qucas like this.
  13. Braxzee

Braxzee I need me some PIE!

Are you going to lower the nora cost for gale? or maybe increase its AOE?

14. Braxzee

OH Ferren Focus! Is the focus supposed to be stackable for the sunder. I am not sure if it is a bug or design. The sunder does not stack and work which really nerfs the theme of ferren focus

15. themacca

themacca Master of Challenges

Congratulations on that man.

16. Pattn199

Pattn199 I need me some PIE!

Yeah!! Delite chasm's all together,
    For real.
    L2p ppl. If your so stupid to plac...... You know what nvm i won't even bother anymore.
    HF nuwbs

17. Braxzee

What is the ability Beset with hunters spear?

18. Lushiris

poinl likes this.
  19. newsbuff

newsbuff Forum Royalty

Riftwalker's Riftwalker ability is accidentally coded as a passive ability instead of active, and you can't activate it?

20. poinl

poinl I need me some PIE!

Gnomes and OriginalG1 like this.