Dark Rebirth

Discussion in 'Split Faction' started by vipoid, May 25, 2016.

1. vipoid

vipoid I need me some PIE!

Could this work?

https://poxbase.com/deck/CkJCkGCzFC37Cz-Cj1Cf2cil

Obviously the idea is that most of the champions revive in some way, though for a few Ive had to settle for spawning other champions when enemies die.

My main concern is that there are no cheap champions.

Is this at all viable?

If not, any suggestions on how to improve it without losing the theme completely?

2. JazzMan1221

JazzMan1221 Better-Known Member

The angels are a curious choice since they neither respawn nor summon additional meat. IMO this type of deck is best played as FF FW. Something like this would be better if you're going for straight reanimation: https://poxbase.com/deck/CzFCzGcpC37c93Cw3cy-CvICjLC9h

This gives you a plethora of "second life" units, with a small Phylactery module to build around. This mod can be enhanced further by swapping Mindflayers out for Brightmoon Liches and throwing in a Cull the Weak or two.

As for nora problems, I suggest Unholy Tomb. It's not as good as it used to be, but it still brings in a decent amount of nora if dropped early enough. It's really FW's only option for nora gen, so you might as well run it. I'd also recommend Throw Bones; it's the only spell left that counts as a destruction effect rather than a sacrifice, meaning you still get your second form triggered if you use it on something like Blood Phoenix.

3. vipoid

vipoid I need me some PIE!

They were there because I considered Intensified to be close enough, though in hindsight I really was stretching the definition. :p

Thanks, that bg looks good. I have a couple of questions though:

- Would it be worth including 1 or 2 Coragh Two-Heads, perhaps instead of the Bone Slaves?

- If I included one of the FW heroes, would you suggest Xulos or Serkan?

4. JazzMan1221

JazzMan1221 Better-Known Member

It's true that Coragh does fit the theme better, but he's extremely expensive. The Bones Slaves are good cheap grunts alongside the Wandering Zombies, and packing Initiative means they're nice early game deploys. He also doesn't offer any utility (until his zombies drop) compared to your other 2-life champs.

I'd go with Serkan if you're considering a Phylactery module, since he has Surge: Lich and all the Phylactery units are liches. Otherwise I'd say Xulos fits better. Vitality: Creation triggers off second-form drops, so it's easy for him to stack up HP. Not only that but he provides some nice global damage and a free "Essence Drain" to aid in one-rounding.