Video Games

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by IMAGIRL, Jun 13, 2015.

1. IMAGIRL

IMAGIRL Forum Royalty

I'm quite fond of FFVIA though the PC port/remake is atrocious.

2. Geressen

Geressen Forum Royalty

I know shes been making clickbaity titles lately but gameplay footage is better than ever.

3. IMAGIRL

IMAGIRL Forum Royalty

@Sokolov Figured you'd get a chuckle out of this.

[​IMG]

4. kalasle

kalasle Forum Royalty

Just finished Titan Souls. I liked it.

5. IMAGIRL

IMAGIRL Forum Royalty

Last Hope - Tower Defense

The game feels like it was made for a handheld device, but put still plays as it should on PC. I find it at a bargain for its current price of $8.99. However if you wait until around the first week of June the Steam Summer Sale should be up putting this ~30% off as it's a newer game.

Pleasantly surprised by how much I like it.

6. Ragic

Ragic I need me some PIE!

whatever you do don't watch a 20 episode lets play series on Space Hulk Ascension and then try to play Space Hulk. even the ultimate bundle with all the dlc it feels so sparse in comparison (gameplay wise at least). between SHA, Dawn of war III and Gothic Armada its looking like Games Workshop will have my wallet in a vice for a while.

7. darklord48

darklord48 Forum Royalty

The summer sale is going to be the end of June through July 4th.

8. IMAGIRL

IMAGIRL Forum Royalty

Source?

9. Boozha

Boozha I need me some PIE!

Just got Duskers. Seems rather nifty.

10. darklord48

darklord48 Forum Royalty

11. Geressen

Geressen Forum Royalty

so i've 100%ed both dead island and dead island riptide and just beat darksiders, though I still need to do a bit of cleanup on that one to 100% it.
    anyone of you on backloggery?

http://www.backloggery.com/geressen

12. Ohmin

Ohmin Forum Royalty

It's a shame it's not a very good game, unlike their last one which was actually a pretty good match 3 style game.

13. Dagda

Dagda Forum Royalty

total warhammer is pretty fun so far. the early buyer bonus thing only goes for a bit less than a week now

14. Geressen

Geressen Forum Royalty

I've been playing a game in which you move armies over a world map with some city management and RPG elements and zoom in to controll units of mythical beings and fling magic at he opposing army myself.

that's right, King Arthur 2 the roleplaying wargame.

Ohmin likes this.
  15. Ohmin

Ohmin Forum Royalty

Indeed, though personally I thought that it might have been better than Bejeweled in gameplay (though less variety of modes than Bejeweled 3). But that's probably a personal preference thing.

I also find them funny, at least up to a point. The clicker/cam-girl game is just way too boring to play, and the characters are basically a shell of their past selves that just keep saying the same things over and over without any real context. Like I said, it's a shame.

I liked the first one, did you play that at all or just the second? Wondering how they might compare.

16. Geressen

Geressen Forum Royalty

I have and the first one is brighter more colourfull while the second one is a bit darker ( Arthur is gravely wounded, formorians ( demon like beings from another dimension invade)you play as william pendragon son of arthur and must unite the land find a cure etc.) UI for the first one was better. gameplay is the same. I had this one battle where the enemy army was screechers and whip fiends so that ended with my archrs wiped out and the VP's taken by my spear and sword troops and then I was stuck or 15 minutes slinging the ocasional freeze spell at the remaining 12 whip fiends.

17. Ragic

Ragic I need me some PIE!

does Steam offer the best of whats out there or are there other sites I should be looking at?

Last edited: May 29, 2016
  18. Geressen

Geressen Forum Royalty

origin has exclusives, steam is most expansive.

the following sell games for download or as steam keys.
    greenmangaming sells steam keys for cheap. goodoldgames ( GoG) sells classics. humblebundle is also a source for cheap games, the bundles especially.

Ragic likes this.
  19. IMAGIRL

IMAGIRL Forum Royalty

As far as I'm aware, games bought on GoG are DRM free. Humble Bundle is amazing. Check it at least once a week. 1 day left on the Deep Silver Bundle

Sacred 3 Gold
    Risen
    Risen 2: Dark Waters Gold Edition
    Risen 3 Titan Lords
    Saints Row 2
    Sants Row: The Third - The Full Packages
    Saints Row IV
    Dead Island: Game of the Year Edition
    Dead Island Riptide - Complete Edition
    - 75% Off Coupon for the Dead Island Definitive Collection
    Killer is Dead - Nightmare Edition

All this for ~$13.00 USD, and you can send it to charity, or not.

20. Ohmin

Ohmin Forum Royalty

Other downloadable video game vendors (and occasional DRM systems) I tend to check out:

Origin (Most EA titles are no longer put on Steam, due to them requiring this client. On the plus side, they give out free games from time to time, though not very often, while EA is arguably not the best company, there are plenty of good games that they produce and sell.)

HumbleBundle.com (Charity-ish organization, often hosts "pay your own price" bundles which often but not always are Steam or Origin related. Has their own store with some deals and non-Steam/Origin/etc. titles, and/or DRM-free versions of titles on Steam)

GoG.com (The people that make The Witcher game series own this store, all titles are DRM free, they have many "good old games" as well as several new ones. Their selection is relatively smaller, but they have frequent sales and they do a better job of curating their selection than Steam does these days. Like Steam, they also sell movies.)

Gamersgate.com (Not related to #gamergate, and existed long before, has a very broad selection of titles, including various Steam and Origin titles as well as DRM-free titles/versions. UK based IIRC. Has a large number of sales every week.)

playism-games.com (Mostly sells Indie titles, very small selection, but has some odd titles here and there, though Steam does sell a lot of them since it basically opened the doors. Sales are relatively rare, but it might still be worth checkign out, plus you can possibly get some DRM-free versions)

Battle.net (If you like Blizzard, though there are times when it is cheaper/better to go through a third party, like I think Amazon had a discount on Overwatch when they first started doing pre-orders, as an example. Sales are rare, but that's true no matter who you buy a Blizzard game from. They just don't seem to like giving discounts very much.)