Grimlic

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Scrijordan, May 19, 2016.

1. vipoid

vipoid I need me some PIE!

What would you suggest to make him tankier?

2. badgerale

badgerale Warchief of Wrath

His range makes him pretty hard to kill already.

I think power wise he's in a good spot.

Osidan likes this.
  3. Theoutcast

Theoutcast Member

I disagree. Not worth the cost in general. Most ud players dont run him. I miss his split into 4 ability...anywho..maybe warding or something. Im not the greatest at creating rune ideas. I just know when a rune isnt played much and all the ud players i speak to say he isnt worth it...something needs to be done

4. Theoutcast

Theoutcast Member

Oh and 5 range keeps him safe? Most other factions have many high damage runes with that range or more. Maybe he is only safe facing another ud player

5. Theoutcast

Theoutcast Member

Oh also flame nova should go. Why an ability on a fragile high cost ranged unit that needs you to get next to enemy?

6. badgerale

badgerale Warchief of Wrath

4-6

7. Theoutcast

Theoutcast Member

Same thing

8. vipoid

Yeah, 6 range is pretty standard. If range is going to be your only defence, I think you need about 8.

Hell, Melanaus has 7 range, and he also has Shielded and has Immunity: Magic.

On that note, would it perhaps make sense to make Grimlic more similar to Melanaus?

I mean, in addition to the aforementioned immunities, Melanaus has options for:
    - Weary
    - Magic Nova
    - Heal Mass
    - Nature's Connections
    - Regeneration 2
    - Grant: Magical Aura

Put simply, he can do a lot of stuff. Heal Mass makes him a good support rune. As does Grant: Magical Aura. You also have options for just using Weary, if you want a cheaper 'turret' that can still provide an element of support.

Grimlic has:
    - Flame Nova 1
    - Flame Nova 2
    - Flame Nova 3
    and
    - Fire Bomb 1
    - Fire Bomb 2
    - Fire Bomb 3

Flame Nova is basically a sandbag and, whilst Fire Bomb is useful, it's still just more fire damage. I think it's fair to say that with all the other spells, novas, bombs death throes etc., UD is already pretty well covered in the Fire AoE department.

Put simply, could Grimlic perhaps have some support options in his upgrade paths? Similarly, might it be better to move Regen 2 to upgrades and give him Immunity: Fire? Or even Fire Eater.

9. Theoutcast

Theoutcast Member

Well put.....menalaus is way better than grim..plus kf bonus gives him 8 speed

10. Cinder405

Cinder405 I need me some PIE!

It's makes sense for Mena to have support abilities but Grimlic? I dont think so.

UD Grimlic seems like someone who would rather wield more power and use it to destroy sh*t silly.

He should definately have a variety of abilities to chose from instead of ranks of Fire Nova and Fire Bomb. (I honestly think all of those ranks should be consolidated into one rank but that's a whole other topic)

Options to consider are

Cleansing Flame
    Set Ablaze
    Flamethrower
    Grant: Fire Aura
    Fire Feed
    Annihilate
    Cast: Cauterize
    Fire Catalyst
    Lava storm

Of course Nora adjustments may be necessary.

badgerale likes this.
  11. vipoid

Bear in mind that support abilities don't have to be 'nice'. e.g. Amplify Fire and Cleansing Flame are also support abilities.

That's fine. I don't mind Grimlic only helping himself.

But, if we go down that route, can we perhaps look to a hero like Serkan? Vengance allows him to increase in power as the game progresses, and Life Siphon allows him to make good use of that damage. He also has Teleport for added mobility and Cripple for a little bit of support.

Now, I don't think Vengeance would fit Grimlic, but what about Escalation? This would also let us lower his base damage to shave a bit off his cost.

Life Siphon probably wouldn't work on him either, but what about Lifedrinker? I'll admit this one is trickier though. Previously, Fire Acolyte would have been the obvious choice, but that was nerfed to hell.

12. vipoid

What about something like this:

STATS
    • DMG: 11
    • SPD: 7
    • RNG: 4-6
    • DEF: 1
    • HP: 44
    • Race: Demon, Elf
    • Class: Wizard
    BASE ABILITIES
    • Hero
    • Attack Fire
    • Fire Eater
    UPGRADE 1
    • Escalation
    • Amplify Fire
    • Fire Acolyte

UPGRADE 2
    • Fire Bomb 3
    • Lifedrinker
    • Grant: Fire Aura

13. Theoutcast

Theoutcast Member

Off first glance...hp too low. That build would essentiallu make him a way more expensive nefari fireslinger...who doesnt get damage bonus because of the range. I think he needs more survability

14. vipoid

Can go back to Def 0, 49hp if that helps.

15. Theoutcast

Theoutcast Member

I dont think fireeater would make him more useful. I think lifedrinker should be life siphon. Id prefer leech vitality but eh

16. Theoutcast

Theoutcast Member

Give him an ability that makes firebomb turn the terrain to fire wall for 2 turns

17. vipoid

Do you think Life Siphon is reasonable on Grimlic? I wasn't sure if it would fit.

18. Cinder405

LifeSiphon could be too much healing in some cases because of his high damage output. Maybe Regen 2

19. vipoid

Regen 2 is pitiful though. Part of why he sucks at the moment.

20. Cinder405

Part of why he isn't over the top either bro. Maybe Regen 3 like Grimlic of K'thir.