Powerful Underrated Runes

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Vorian, Jun 3, 2016.

1. Lushiris

Lushiris I need me some PIE!

I'm considering damage part of a successful attack, although technically it isn't. In practice we all know that an attack that does no damage/LoL can't be considered an attack. But again, it's a boring Saturday so I'm just throwing weird theories around.

2. Sokolov

Sokolov The One True Cactuar Octopi

Damage happens after determination of a successful or unsuccessful attack. An attack that doesn't deal damage can still be successful attack and there are a number of ways this can occur.

So in practice, attacks that deal 0 damage or causes LOL absolutely CAN still be an attack. The result of the thing doesn't change the original nature of the thing.

Either way though, Soulstrike doesn't change any of that. All it cares about is whether the original attack was a successful basic attack - at which point it does its thing. The fact that it happens to deal damage (LOL) is immaterial to whether it's an attack.

It'd be different if Soulstrike read, "When this champion would deal damage with an attack, it instead deals LOL" then it'd just be modifying the original attack, rather than doing something as a result of the attack.

3. Ballballer

Ballballer Chief Antagonist

Best way to explain it is by using sunder and arrow eater.

If a ranged champ has sunder and hits an arrow eater champ, sunder still applies even though no damage was taken.
    Why?
    Because a successful attack doesnt mean it applies damage, just that the champ was hit.

4. themacca

themacca Master of Challenges

I'd like to introduce you to my good friend light as a feather. and gnarlwood willowwind

JellyBerry and Ballballer like this.
  5. Lushiris

Lushiris I need me some PIE!

KF is not your friend though.

Pattn199 likes this.
  6. themacca

KF is my 3rd most played faction mate

7. Sokolov

Sokolov The One True Cactuar Octopi

And that's why KF is not your friend. Do you want to be friends with someone who plays you all the time?

8. themacca

Hey sometimes its fun getting played with ;)

9. BrokenNeck

BrokenNeck The King of Potatoes

Crawling Corpse
    A 7 speed, disease breath 3 , 12 base damage pile of bones running with punishing aura at 64 nora, with Vex and Cloak in play hitting at 15.

10. kalasle

kalasle Forum Royalty

Skeletal Excavator, never forget. Poster-child for "too much SPD."

11. yobanchi

yobanchi I need me some PIE!

Can't have him too cheap... then he'd be super efficient and that bonus would start kicking in teeth. Better have him sandbagged with more speed.

12. NevrGonaGivUup

NevrGonaGivUup I need me some PIE!

Needs more verdant promise. This demi-god deserves it.

13. yobanchi

yobanchi I need me some PIE!

Yeah, I'm seeing that it doesn't make sense. I think I'll take a break from FW for awhile.

14. kalasle

kalasle Forum Royalty

Oh, and Blood Fiend. 48 nora.

JellyBerry likes this.
  15. Netherzen

Netherzen I need me some PIE!

Distract/deafeaning aura is his Achilles' heel.

16. kalasle

kalasle Forum Royalty

Getting completely shut down by a condition stinks but... he's 48 nora.

JellyBerry and Ballballer like this.
  17. Ballballer

Ballballer Chief Antagonist

Blood fiend is glorious

18. kalasle

kalasle Forum Royalty

He's dropped about 10 nora over the last couple expansions. Pretty crazy. Used to be 60.

19. BrokenNeck

7 speed is needed on a lumbering champ you can move 2 spaces and still engage or activate the ability and have Punishing aura cause additional damage , he also has latch on in which he can be pulled into position

20. BrokenNeck

I don't see how you can have 2 much speed.
    The ability to move and attack is the goal.
    Take Serk when he was moved to 6 spd the complaint was that he couldn't use his ability and attack in the same round thus making him just about useless and a bigger target until the 3 round when he had at least 8 spd in play - ( well its not the same thing you may say ) but it is - the lower speed hinders the added abilities on some champs to where it takes 3+ rounds of that champ being on deck to utilize its full potential