Fairy Intervention (KF Spell)

Discussion in 'Rune Ideas and Suggestions' started by Xirone, Apr 16, 2014.

1. Xirone

Xirone I need me some PIE!

Fairy Intervention
    Faction: K'thir Forest
    Effect: Target equipped champion has Vulnerability: Magical and Easy Target long as it remain equipped. If the target champion is friendly, the equipped champion instead gains Magic Acolyte and Nora Miner 2 as long as it remains equipped.
    Artwork: A G'hern is holding a massive axe. The axe is sparkling with glittery fairy magic. A sprite is in the background, ready to attack.
    Flavor-Text: The Fae have an affinity for making unwanted items desirable and wanted items less so.
    Nora Cost: 20

2. Xirone

A simple idea. This spell, in a way, curses the equips your opponent uses and augments equips you use. It doesn't shatter the equip but rather makes makes it so your opponent will want to shatter the equip for you. I'm not set on the abilities granted but the above ones are just suggestions.

3. Gaiaix555

Gaiaix555 Member

Rather than a Vulnerability AND Easy Target, why not Vulnerability and Perma-Distracted? I think it fits more thematically (I would be busy starting at my shiny axe to think about fighting) and reduces that sudden damage spike that would happen.

I do like the idea, but there is a lack of fairy interaction with it, although I'm not sure if you wanted it to be a theme spell. If so, a nora cost increase and a refund per fairy seems fine.

Allied bonuses seem great, Acolyte>Eater in terms of fairness, and Nora Miner would steadily offset the cost of the spell itself.

Regardless, interesting idea on making your opponent WANT to remove their own equipment, very innovative.

4. ArchersAxe

ArchersAxe Member

I like it, but I would think the cost would be a bit higher if we're talking about putting Vuln: X on it. Kiss of Vex is 35, just something to go off of I guess.

5. Xirone

Part of the reason the spell is so cheap is that it can only work on equipped champions. In order to target a specific champ, you'd need to slap an equip on it first. For example, you could equip an opponent with a cheap equip, like Withering Fern, and then cast this spell for 45 nora worth of bad mojo but the spell is most efficient if used on an equip your opponent used. Because of its conditional nature, the spell is pretty darn cheap. 25 nora would probably be the highest I'd be okay with.

6. ArchersAxe

ArchersAxe Member

I agree. I thought of that and then glazed over it for some reason. Carry on ^-^

7. Prami

Prami I need me some PIE!

Before this, Pox Nora needs an established hierarchy of damage modifications. Things like Eater and Immunity should not be able to overlap each other, one should replace the other.
    Vulnerability < Neutral State < Resistance % < Immunity < Eater
    Vulnerability should reduce Resistances instead of being applied on top of them, and vice versa. Gaining Immunity should not disable Eater, and maybe Vulnerability should turn Immunity into Resistance. There needs to be a system, whatever it is.

As for the rune being discussed; i don't think Nora Miner is necessary. It's just splashed on. Replace Nora Miner with Amplify: Magical