Elite Blade

Discussion in 'K'Thir Forest' started by GIFTbr, Apr 3, 2014.

1. RedDain

RedDain I need me some PIE!

You're the one always complaining about blurred boundaries and faction identity loss... I would think you would be far more supportive of changing the flavor than of changing the rune!! ??

2. GIFTbr

GIFTbr Member

Prami never had a point, the is just against other people point...

3. Prami

Prami I need me some PIE!

It's not that. The Elite blade doesn't have any really unique mechanics to it. It gives some nice stats, but that's about it. Faction identity for this rune is found mostly in the artwork and flavor-text. I meant to say that i don't feel terribly strongly about what faction it belongs to, but that if i had to pick between changing the flavor text & making it a split rune, that i would make it a split rune (it sparks the imagination more than a bit, that the blade comes from the Dwarves).

I wonder if it's worth 35 Nora to give a champion only half the stat bonus and no melee attack. I think the rune would be better off giving no stat bonus at all and the melee attack to champions below it's threshold, rather than how it acts now. It should definitely give a melee attack either way.

Why does this rune grant health when equipped? There are more thematic things that can be added than that.

4. kagebunshn

kagebunshn I need me some PIE!

Well it's not exactly a new rune. If you asked someone what KF's biggest 3 weaknesses are, you are likely to hear 'low hp, low defense, and low base damage as frequent answers. This helps answer those weaknesses. KF tends to have lower hp and lower defenses, in exchange for higher speed, and advantageous maneuvering. I don't really buy that anymore though since every faction has spit cleansing and 8+speed champs now.

But for purposes of this equipment, let's make it playable in its original faction before we worry about adding it to a different faction.

5. Legato

Legato I need me some PIE!

I've always thought it should be a ranger weapon.

6. Prami

Prami I need me some PIE!

The Dev's said that there is going to be an increased focus on themes, so maybe that will come to pass.

7. Staxover

Staxover Member

Prami, don't fret over these frozen forum fossils, always clinging to their "only-change-this-rune-this-way" mentality. Preach on your pox paleontology.