isnt Sunder Hellion a bit too op?!

Discussion in 'Sundered Lands' started by Adam B, Apr 15, 2014.

1. Adam B

Adam B The King of Potatoes

lol he cost only 77 i wouldnt be surprised if his cost was 100 something must be done there

2. MovnTarget

MovnTarget Forum Royalty

Before we delve more deeply into your very in depth analysis of why exactly the Sundered Hellion is undercosted I feel it is the responsible thing to go ahead and ask a question.

Did you just lose to a Sundered Hellion?

Now in answer to your question, no he is not "a bit too op." He is, like any other oblivion shield champ, something that you should not be fighting 1v1. His punishing aura while annoying can be almost entirely mitigated by your own play. The same can be said of his ability territorial.

So as long as you play wisely he is can be a bit of anunderwhelming champ, but if you keep deploying within his range and leave larges quantities of ap on your champs, then he certainly seem will like more, but that tends to happen when people don't alter their playstyle based upon what they are facing.

Emries, Woffleet and RedScarlet like this.
  3. BurnPyro

BurnPyro Forum Royalty

He's so good that have never ran him in a competitive deck before.

HardyGames32 likes this.
  4. darklord48

darklord48 Forum Royalty

He's like Homicidal Thug. If you try to go toe to toe, you'll lose. If you play smart, you'll eliminate him without trouble.

5. Dagda

Dagda Forum Royalty

6. Legato

Legato I need me some PIE!

I came in this thread just to tell you I lol'd

I missed threads like these.

The game isn't balanced in a vacuum, don't look at units' 1v1 ability. If that was ever your measure of judgement many of the game's units would be OTT(Though some in this category still are), but the fact is they're not and this is okay because the game is designed with spells, equips, and other champion runes working in tandem. Sunder is a good early drop/solo font contestor, but he's far removed from what I'd call OP in the Sundered Lands.

7. Schmacko

Schmacko I need me some PIE!

Sunder Hellion is fat.

8. rickyjpen

rickyjpen Devotee of the Blood Owl

Honestly. I feel like most people are missing the point... No duh Sunder Hellion smacks anything in a 1v1 it should be common sense. But in general he brings quite the efficiency for 77 nora. He is a bit over the top if you ask myself as well. He brings severe survivability and kill potential via just straight damage, as well as fun tricks with punish. I would say he should be raised in nora... Definitely not 100 nora but a good +5 nora would balance him a bit.

9. MikeLin

MikeLin I need me some PIE!

You do realize half the runes in this game is over efficient right?

10. rickyjpen

I am beyond aware... But I think Sunder Hellion is one of the more drastic offenders.

11. darklord48

darklord48 Forum Royalty

<sarcasm> No, most of the old stuff is under efficient. Dwarven King should be 75 nora, goblin brute should be 15, everything old needs a boost. </sarcasm>

12. Legato

Legato I need me some PIE!

People don't agree with me.
    They're all idiots!

13. MikeLin

MikeLin I need me some PIE!

"Drastic" lol.

All I have to do is just copy and paste everybodies bg in the top 200 or w/e and they will have runes much more efficient then Sunder Helion

14. BurnPyro

BurnPyro Forum Royalty

Of all the runes SL got, I never thought someone would complain about mediocre Bane Shift that nobody with a brain runs

15. Makorov

Makorov I need me some PIE!

Really, all he has is Oblivion Shield. Other than that he just takes up space on the board.

16. nytrequiem

nytrequiem The King of Potatoes

nerf -5 nora +1 dmg

17. rickyjpen

Idk I just don't like how that combines with punishing aura :(. If you get him out first turn and have him contesting mid pull off a successful punishing aura gib its a really easy game winner. That plus hid typical damage ratios are quite fantastic.

18. rickyjpen

I just feel like a few extra nora on him wouldn't hurt much.

19. Denton8523

Denton8523 New Member

This thread shows the toxic nature of the Pox community so well. Don't condescend to him for having an opinion. If you are a more experienced player explain how to counter a Sunder Hellion and explain why it is not overly efficient. How do you guys expect new players to want to join this game if they come to the forums and see this kind of treatment? #rant #youshouldbeashamed

Creosoto and rickyjpen like this.
  20. Aghatoor

Aghatoor I need me some PIE!

+1 for denton! But well, i agree with all other players when they say that hellion isn't so good: as font contestor is great of course, but it hasn't a great damage and speed(unless territorial triggers) and the only good ability is oblivion shield (this ability is op, not the hellion XD). So it is easy to face with, destroiyng its shield with your weaker creature and then killing him with your best champ: for exmple, i only face him once, and easy killed him with serpentor paradigm helped by draksar archer and quicken. And talking about paradigm.. HE is op XD one more nora than hellion, many great abilities, evasive3 and spur over all, he is another reason to not play hellion ;)

21. BurnPyro

BurnPyro Forum Royalty

See, I would bother writing a proper reply if the person(s) accusing SH to be too good actually came with some arguments that were worth replying to.

About rickyjpens thoughts, eh I guess. This is where it starts to become perspective into what an 80 nora champ should or should not do. At the end of the day, it's still a 6 speed 2x2 melee that's not particularly tanky, though has some utility. When I look at high marshal/persecutor/paradigm they're all putting out more damage, faster, 1x1s and somewhat tanky ish.