Any chance Poxnora could get a database like poxbase?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by rheinhart, Jun 19, 2016.

1. rheinhart

rheinhart I need me some PIE!

Poxbase is a bit outdated and incorrect I understand you got your hands full with other things but thought as a side project a updated database for heroic acheivment and daily purposes would be very useful on the poxnora site.Think the guy on poxbase hasn't updated it in over 3 months and some of the info on the site is pretty inaccurate on what abilities the runes actually have now as things change alot in this game .I understand we can look up abilities within the rune manager but a layout such as poxbase is alot more user friendly imo and would be a awesome addition to add to the poxnora site.

Morfeas likes this.
  2. Ralphen

Ralphen I need me some PIE!

TeaNinja, jeeperz2, Lushiris and 2 others like this.
  3. rheinhart

Ah I hope so ^^

4. xezno

xezno I need me some PIE!

Thank you for this!

5. rheinhart

ah thanx didn't realize what that link was for^^

6. super71

super71 I need me some PIE!

A database like this has been asked for ages, I don't see it happening anytime soon unless they get some serious help from the new guys joining. I'm hoping for something in the future before the play station release though.

7. rheinhart

It should be a priority tbh with the heroics been added a yr ago or so.I think it's pretty silly that I gotta rely on a 3rd party poxbase that isn't up to date when the devs in this game should provide a database for this if they are gonna have dailies to make gold for this.

super71 likes this.
  8. super71

super71 I need me some PIE!

Stop making so much sense, any logic used on these forums will be trolled.

9. rheinhart

10. jeeperz2

jeeperz2 I need me some PIE!

11. Phynixe

Phynixe I need me some PIE!

Quite oddly I was looking for something similar today, but not this in particular. We need a "theoretical battlegroup builder" that is up to date...with pictures!

12. StTwisted

StTwisted Member

Yeah pox needs this database thing implemented asap. Looking for what units have "blast" ability for heroic, I come to this database, looking what the heck stone barrage is, I come here. BTW THANK YOU WHOEVER MADE IT!!!!!!

On a side note, I have been getting a blast ability counter going up using my witch deck and there is nothing called blast in it. What the heck counts as a blast ability?? It would be nice if when you moused over heroics, it would show what abilities apply.

13. rheinhart

Well I typed in poxbase "blast" and 7 abilities popped up artillery blast,blast,charged blast,lightning blast,psychic blast,magic blast and reckless blast not sure if all these still exist since poxbase hasn't been updated awhile and poxnora abilities have been removed from the game before so hope this helps a little bit^^

14. Revengercm

Revengercm I need me some PIE!

I think rune manager, checklist should be in game.

Maybe the marketplace and trade should be separate.

15. StTwisted

StTwisted Member

Thanks for the help! I actually got a ton of help on this matter and now have two separate builds.

16. rheinhart

ah ok np good luck

17. Gaedel

Gaedel I need me some PIE!

In my opinion, the best part of Poxbase was the battlegroup builder, and the fact that you could just link it in a post to see someone's build. Posting screenshots is just not the same, as if you are new, you have a hard time trying to figure out what some of the runes are from the picture. The ability to hover or click on each rune in the battlegroup to get information on it was an amazing help. Just having a database with the pictures, abilities, etc., is only half of what is needed. PoxBox has a place where you can post battlegroups, but that wasn't really used that much and is very out of date. Having a database where people can post their battlegroups so others can see, without having to search in this forums, such as a battlegroup wiki that can be updated when they become obsolete, or even removed, if needed. Having that battlegroup wiki searchable by rune, theme, abilities, etc. would be a very nice plus!

18. dbouya

dbouya I need me some PIE!

We definitely need a tool like this even more than ever. It's been 6 months since anyone posted in this thread and during that whole time poxbase has remained un-updated. There have been a couple sets since it was last updated, and a lot of reworked runes and abilities. Lot's of abilities that didn't exist or are new aren't on poxbase at all.

I think the biggest problem towards trying to get playstation players to give your company money is going to be the learning curve. The sony steam release was a failure because none of the steam users who were just checking out the game could figure out how to play it. A modern hyperlinked wiki style database on the website or even better in-game would go a long way towards addressing this issue. Modern games like civilization 6 or Tyranny have these built into the game. Heck even MTGO has this sort of functionality and it's an old online game.

19. rheinhart

Ya I hope they build some kinda database to use after this new client is released a pox user gave me this link http://s-qpoxdb.rhcloud.com/ haven't used it yet cause I don't like clicking links lol.

20. Karamasov

Karamasov Lord of SL & Master of Challenges

@LoganMkv We need an updated database and it would be sad times if we have to wait for devs to build one.

Hope you have the time to help the community out. I'll gladly donate some runes as thanks for you time.