Heroics

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Willow, Jun 26, 2016.

1. Willow

Willow I need me some PIE!

The heroics are a great addition with a huge payout and no doubt it brings a lot of players back every day and I understand that for the amount of gold and shards they give they must be somewhat difficult but there is a fine line between challenging and just outright tedious (having to deploy 12-16 specific champs in one match, really?)

Problem: The challenges are stupid as hell, mostly tied to single player (unless you're a Firking martyr) and bring jack Bane Shift to the table in terms of actual pox knowledge (from a new players perspective).

Sure they can be cleared in 20 skirmishes with a ridiculous circus deck but who the Firk wants to keep playing after that. Also what fun and what lesson is there in having to deploy 4 shatter champs and 4 provision champs etc ect in the same match? obviously this cant be done in ranked.

Last week the 4 heroics I had were to play 4 different themes. I made 4 bg's (draksar, voil, garu and skeezick) and i took em to ranked way out of my comfort zone and i had a good time. These heroics in particular pushed me to do something ive never done and i learned a lot about each theme and how to counter them should i ever face them in ranked. This is what i feel the heroics should do. Push people to do something different while keeping it fun and teaching them something

Solution: Rework the heroics. Make them ranked friendly or ranked exclusive so more people feel compelled to play and were not forced to play the same dozen players every day in the ghost town that is ranked on the weekdays and/or make it fun/educational for the newer players.

Im brimming with ideas for heroics, im sure a lot of people are too. Use this instead of relying on that one depressed czechoslovakian guy (pressumably) that is coming up with all these at the moment.

My reason for doing this is not cuz i need the gold cuz i barely pay attention to the heroics myself but im sure were all tired of facing zeya and elf4ant every single day over and over again while single player has triple the players most of the time.

2. StTwisted

StTwisted Member

I read this and I was like, whhhaaa? heroics? Then I realized what the heck you where talking about. Thanks for pointing out that they changed, I was just ignoring my old ones.

I agree with most what you said, however your point is kind of hard to decipher in that word salad.

My current set of "heroics" I feel work well with ranked, lots of auras, blasts, and novas. I just need to build a bg around that but I also need to win 20 matches with that. Honestly I dont think it should be too hard but we shall see.

Anyway why I agree with you, my very first set of "herorics" I got were total crap. I wish I could remember what they were but I saw them and I was like, screw this, I dont even know why I would try to achieve this. I didnt realize you could just farm them in skirmish but I would have never played them in ranked. I would have to handicap myself pretty bad to make them work and because of this, I just ignored them.

New ideas for herorics and removal of some of the more lack luster ones is an awesome suggestion!

EDIT: Well my current one is going to be a lot harder to complete than I thought. I have almost no blast champions. Somehow I have 1/20 blast counter though and all I played was the Witch training bg. What abilities count as blast? Pain curse?

Last edited: Jun 26, 2016
  3. Compost

Compost I need me some PIE!

Haha the current heroic quests require both Ally champs and loyalty champs =D