150 Second Turns

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by kalasle, Jun 24, 2016.

1. NiGhtMaRiK

NiGhtMaRiK I need me some PIE!

Resource Management? Mechanic?

Timed Drafts counted down from 20min. It stopped the clock each turn.
    It wouldn't be that hard to make a system capping at 3 min.
    Starting with 1:45, you end your turn with 40 sec
    Start next turn with 2:25 , You end the turn with 1:05
    Start next turn with 2:50, You make a big play or have a hard turn, end it with 15 sec
    Start next turn with 2:00

Just maxing it at 3min.

Pretty sure this would be simple to do.

What are these mechanics you speak of? How is this Resource Management? Time is a resource as we utilize it to make plays each turn.
    However, what 'management' comes in to play any more than ending your turn and just getting the pleasure of having a little extra time next turn?
    You'd pretty much manage your time the exactly the same you do now, just have a nice cushion for major plays or needing to stage a comeback in a hard spot.

2. bambino

bambino I need me some PIE!

whether its a time bank or another idea, giving players some kind of incentive to hit the end turn button quicker would help..
    maybe the fastest turn player award :)

3. Hiyashi

Hiyashi I need me some PIE!

Generally speaking I don't think that increasing the turn timer is the solution we should be aiming for.

A lot of time can be saved by doing some more or less easy things like reducing unnecessary delays from animations and lags while providing more information for the player.
    A button to display "threat Range" for yourself and the enemy and automatic damage calculation pre-attacking would go a long way. If it works well you could even drop the turn time to 1:30 which should be the goal.

Btw, shame on you for pulling a typical mw24 off in this thread.

4. themacca

themacca Master of Challenges

the only thing im upset about with this thread is using 150 seconds instead of 2 and a half minutes. i do enough math in pox i dont come to the forums to do more.

5. badgerale

badgerale Warchief of Wrath

I don't think making the game slower is a good idea.

I think making the game easier to play is the right route. Reducing the amount you need to read, making it easier to find the right information, reducing the exceptions and inconsistencies and ambiguities.

This way you can do more in the same amount of time.

Makorov and Gnomes like this.
  6. super71

super71 I need me some PIE!

I'm telling you guys, a pox calculator will eliminate all our problems.

7. bambino

bambino I need me some PIE!

im guessing yes,, but just curious if a calculator was installed,
    would it ignore things like dodge? block? rockeater vs a phys att.,? arrow eater? would it be like"dude yer gonna miss?"
    even hidden effects like RD?
    and just calculate as if u were gonna hit?

either way calc is good.

8. Braxzee

Braxzee I need me some PIE!

I think waiting for all of your opponents effects to happen before you can start should be fixed. All of the effects happen than your timer starts. An example would be waiting around for 4 lava spouts eats away at you timer or soul tap. It should at least cause a double timer penalty for the opponents next turn since it is their champs taking the time doing stuff.

9. super71

I mean the calculator wouldn't play the game for you it would only calculate damage. It would calculate things like tough, defense, void shield, and other similar defensive abilities.

10. StTwisted

StTwisted Member

As others have stated, I feel a pox calculator is an excellent idea. Abilities should be ignored in the calculation because even abilities like arrow eater can be bypassed with LoL. If you click on attack, a small number could pop up above all units in range to show you how much damage COULD be potentially done. You only need to make the mistake of hitting an arroweater champ once to know you messed up.

This should eliminate any need to increase the turn timer. If the new client happens to fix most of the random lag issues, the turn time could even be decreased as others have stated.

As far as turn timer going to 2:30, I had my feelings on this issue reinforced last night as an opponent RQ on me by just doing nothing on their turns. It took three full turns of them doing absolutely nothing for me to finally get the game to give me a victory. An extra 45 secs a turn would have made my want to shoot myself in the face but I digress.

11. Gnomes

Gnomes Forum Royalty

Im with @badgerale on this. The turn time is fine. And being able to do (think)things quickly in late game is part of pox. What would help is to make the animations more fluid/instant. So when i move my champ it does the animation of him moving and what not but i can already attack with him and it will show the hp lost and kinda do everything in delay behind your clicks.
    This kinda already works with movment because often when im playing spiders i have to move all the spiderslings at once in a turn so i frantically click the spiders forward at the end of turn as not no waste ap. (Looks cool to have a stampede of 5 spiders moving in a direction at the same time)

12. darklord48

darklord48 Forum Royalty

It's more complicated, but I would like a bank of time added that would be used if you go over the 1:45 turn limit. Start out with 3:00 or so and if players are regularly running out of time in the bank, increase it.

13. super71

Add a pox calculator, make opposing animations happen between turns before the timer starts and make the turn timer go up to 2 minutes. This would solve most of the issue and if people need more time then do what Devils said and increase it as the game progresses.

14. Makorov

Makorov I need me some PIE!

Who in the fruckity fruck would want to spend so much time on such a stupidly slow game
    I'm pretty sure PS players won't