My latest Vengeful BG

Discussion in 'Forsaken Wastes' started by themacca, Feb 23, 2016.

1. themacca

themacca Master of Challenges

its not that she isnt playable its just that it's not a good idea to invest as much time and nora into OPing her as she wont ever be as safe as a culler or serkan will be. and shes easier to avoid

2. Alakhami

Alakhami I need me some PIE!

but it's so effective. If he keeps tanking and dying and you keep deploying him without getting additional graveyards, he becomes such a cheap beater.

3. themacca

Eh i don't look at that in the same way as kal. Redeploying it after it's died is still the same nora cost. Nora that's already been spent is no longer useful to me except theoretically

4. Alakhami

You dumb? You pay 52 +45 for initial deploy, then you just pay 52 for that meat.

5. themacca

thats great. im not getting that 45 back though. and im still paying another 52 if i redeploy it.

6. Alakhami

his stats and abillities are almost the same as sheoul demon for 83 nora. the second deploy is usually the deploy that you win after.

7. kalasle

kalasle Forum Royalty

Like, I respect that you can and certainly will play whatever you want, and there are a lot of reasons for that. But if you are trying to justify avoiding Devourers in a competitive deck based purely on their abstract power level, then I think your chosen perception is objectively inferior. Don't play them if you just don't like them. But also, don't try to justify not playing them with an argument as flimsy as that.

8. themacca

i wouldnt say its a flimsy argument at all. It's not like im gaining back the 35 nora that is theoretically saved on the second deploy. so it's not particularly at all useful to me. It's a nice thing when you think about it but i disagree with you about it's usefulness.

9. Alakhami

In death benefit it is perfect. You don't have to play it, but to not understand its power => underestimate it, is dumb.

10. kalasle

kalasle Forum Royalty

And I've explained why FW actually works ~ better~ with non-generation advantages. If the ED/Yard combo did rely on creating a material resource rather than a discount it would be, first, inconsistent with and impossible in pox's current structure, it would also be worse. Your squeamishness with the nature of the engine's power does no favors.

To be clear, I totally support your sensibility as a reason not to run it, but that sensibility is not itself a sound argument about results.

11. themacca

12. Ballballer

Ballballer Chief Antagonist

How did this attrition deck fare against chop blocks btw?

Heres a hint: tariff cost you like over 100 nora and a lot of shrine damage

MWAHAHAHAHAHAHA

13. themacca

lesbehonest. no tariff or despoil it beats chop blocks

P.S. Try this deck. Will donate a rotwrapper if u decide one is necessary

14. yobanchi

yobanchi I need me some PIE!

Pro-tip tariff doesn't trigger from graveyard skeletons. Chops still God though

15. kalasle

kalasle Forum Royalty

Which is why, if played well, Essence Devour can gobble up Blocks.

16. Ballballer

Ballballer Chief Antagonist

Better get a banner in front of the graveyard or skeletal excavator ruins the whole combo. So essentially youd have to have graveyard, devourer, and banner up +the nora to play them before you could drop the combo on the board

17. kalasle

kalasle Forum Royalty

Nah, you can stagger out the deployment order in steps. Drop Skull at a protection position with spare nora, then over the next two turns Go GY (+ spawn) -> ED. Once you get it out, ED/Yard does everything a Blocks player would hate: it eats up Blocks triggers on GY skellies (if you are staggering deploys) and some of the triggers that get through will hit ED, which just feeds the value engine. I've played ED/yard decks a fair amount, and you can absolutely play around Seism with a fair margin.

18. yobanchi

yobanchi I need me some PIE!

I guess if done right its a good chop blocker. I don't know if you'd call it a chop gobbler though, will still be a long drawn out match.

19. themacca

wellllll kind of what the deck does is long drawn out matches

20. themacca

@Skybloom Here's my latest deck which i'm having pretty good success with

Champions
    Bile Zombie, Initiative 2, bile exploision 4
    Broken Bones x2 Rabid 1, Faithless
    Coragh Two-heads, Disease Breath 3, Disease Aura 3
    Death Guard, Knock Back 3, Death nova disease 1
    Essence Devourer x2, Horrific Aura 1, Berserk attack 1
    Haunting Spirit
    Lich Magistrate, Rabid 1, Consume
    Polluted Martyr, Soulsift 2, Initiative 2
    Revenant, Hex 2, Initiative 2
    Risen Moga, Disease Breath 3, Disease Amp
    Serkan THE LICH MASTER, HE'S THE VENGEFUL ONE, HE HAS FROST CONE 3
    Skeletal Excavator, Blockade, Charge 3
    Wandering Zombie x2, Rabid 1, Resistance Physical 3
    Xulos the GLORIOUS, Dark favor 3 (still a toss up for that and tariff), Vitality Creation

Spells
    Despoil
    Doom
    Essence Drain
    Glimpse of death (if you dont have it i was running hungry dead before hand)
    Mobilization

Relics
    Elsari Bazaar
    Elsarin Vex
    Graveyard
    Skull of Decay
    Tome of Hate
    Unholy Tomb

Equipment
    Bone Circle staff
    Vendetta