Custom Pack (with awesomely photoshopped example)

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Kampel, Jun 29, 2016.

1. Kampel

Kampel I need me some PIE!

Hi, i started from scratch again with pox and i found that even if gold is easy to get you dont have too many options to spend it on to get large ammounts of runes to fill the collection, so i figured that a solution for that problem might be customizable pack, im not too good with photoshop but i made this example:

[​IMG]

The idea is to use the same values the marketplace currently has but let the players pick how much they want to spend on it.
    Every 3500 gold you get 6c, 3u, 1r, 10% chance for the rare to become Exo, 5% for Legendary
    So if you pick to spend 4500gold you would get 9c, 5u, 1r(10%Exo, 5%Leg)
    If you want to spend 35000 you would get the same ammount of runes as current boxes, and so on.

I know it might seem a bit redundant and you dont actually get runes faster but if something was added like "every X gold you get additional Xrarity runes" it would make it easyer and less... eh.. dunno it might change how it feels the "i bought 3 packs and got crap" to "i should have invested 1kgold more" feeling. maybe.

I dont know if it is legally possible to do this with DoG currency tho but for gold it would be awesome.

Expanding idea: Tokens too
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Jun 29, 2016
    poinl, Qucas, PhdNiceGuy and 5 others like this.
  2. Markoth

Markoth Lord Inquisitor

I like this.

poinl, Qucas, IMAGIRL and 1 other person like this.
  3. StTwisted

StTwisted Member

This is genius! Need some random way at getting limiteds anyway if you are expecting the player base to grow with a bunch of noobs and not immediately leave. /full support with my noob life

Kampel likes this.
  4. NevrGonaGivUup

NevrGonaGivUup I need me some PIE!

Additionally, it would be cool to be able to adjust the common/uncommon/rare drop rate with gold. For example, you could choose to get all common runes, and get more, like 25. Or choose rare only and get 2-3.

Kampel likes this.
  5. Kampel

Thats a great addition.
    Altho if you change how many of each the chances of a Rare becoming an Exo are removed (else ppl would farm this)

6. StTwisted

StTwisted Member

You could simply base the % off gold. 5k gold = 10% chance of one of ANY rarity rune becoming exotic

Kampel likes this.
  7. Markoth

Markoth Lord Inquisitor

Dunno if I would do any rune to exotic but any rune to upgrade to the rank above it.

8. Kampel

But then whats the point on picking all commons if 10% would become something you didn't want xD
    lets keep this: every 5k gold one rare slot has 10% chances of turnning into an Exotic, and 5% Legendary.

9. IMAGIRL

IMAGIRL Forum Royalty

I like this.

10. Kampel

Same with tokens, i will photoshop something pretty for that too

Tokens added.

Last edited: Jun 29, 2016
  11. Hiyashi

Hiyashi I need me some PIE!

I agree. It is a redundant feature request. Also it will be difficult to make it scale right.

In your example you get a "normal" pack for 3500 gold. By investing 1000 more you get 3 more commons and 1 uncommon. Who would want to spend 1k gold on that? When I buy packs the rarities I care about start at rare.

Tweek516 likes this.
  12. Kampel

The answer would be "new players". New players that dont want to grind and save 35k gold to get "rares and beyond" but to spend their few coins even what they just made in the dayly rewards on runes.
    This feature is not made to get more value from your gold, is made to increase the gold market options so players that start from scratch dont have to get bored while saving tons of rewards.. remember that for example the new playstation players wont be able to use poxbox to cashout all the common and uncommon runes they need and the trader sucks so they will be pretty much on their own, this might help.

13. Hiyashi

Hiyashi I need me some PIE!

If you replace "new" with "stuipid" you might be on something there... 1k gold for 3commons and 1 uncommon is never a good deal.
    You already have a feature like that in this game. You can buy single packs for "little" gold or a huge pack with slightly better rewards for "a lot of" gold. Many people I talked to chose to save up for the big packs because the reward is better. I assume the same would happen with your suggestion. The feature would be there but nobody would use it since saving up just a little bit more gold gives much better rewards.
    If you don't want to use poxbox you can still use the forge system. Which will give you better returns by saving up for "full packs". Sharding an unwanted extended rare gives you enough material for ~2 uncommons or 5 commons. And you get the full amount of commons/uncommons out of the pack that you bought on top of that.

Serious Side Question: Why did people decide that PlayStation player won't be able to access poxbox. I don't own a Vita or PS4, but my somewhat outdated PS3 is perfectly fine with browsing the web. I know the PS4 and Vita also offer web browsers... are they unable to deal with js or something or what's the big deal?

14. Kampel

Noone sayd they cant, i thought they couldn't acces. my bad

15. Kampel

sok sayd:

So this thread is even more pointless :D

/thread

16. Phynixe

Phynixe I need me some PIE!

I support this. All you need is my support, you don't even need @Markoth.

Kampel likes this.
  17. themacca

themacca Master of Challenges

I think this is a pretty great idea. Would solve some of the problems people talked about in the who does the business model benefit thread.