Fairies

Discussion in 'K'Thir Forest' started by Gaedel, May 28, 2016.

1. super71

super71 I need me some PIE!

Yes it did, which was slightly annoying and kinda funny lol. Also putting sunder on one of these ranged champs might be helpful, or a different champ other than fae enchantress with soften. Honestly a lot of the themes problems might be fixed with one small fix, making spirit of endurance race spirit/fairy.

2. Ralphen

Ralphen I need me some PIE!

Just my two cents on the topic, but I haven't played fairies in ranked...

On paper they have the tools to deal with anything, problem is they need to build up a lot to reach a critical point.

Pros:
    - in theme shatter, detect, healing, cleanse (all basic counters)
    - in theme access to illuminate, (soften), divert, majestic, shround (increase survivability)
    - lot of alt damage (fire/ice/magic/psy)
    - +10 HP from boost and chain of amareth (+5 HP guaranteed), additional +10 from bubble (on CD 2)
    - Starlight can hit like a cannon.

Cons:
    - Corgis are not than tankier, and can be shooted to death easily.
    - all the above abilities are just too sparse, so you need to deploy at least 4 different fairies to get full access to what you may need often.

Alternative tanks could be: Nullbeast (a bit expensive) and Wisp (with PShif and Evasive).

3. super71

Boost is on a fairly prone to injury champ, the problem with fairies is the rush by melee units. I very rarely worry about ranged hitting me as they have a lot of shenanigans like force barrier,blind, soothing serenade to keep range just out of range haha. 5 hp from chain of amareth is nice but the champ also comes into play with 25 hp.

Corgi's actually aren't that bad of tanks actually, however certain abilities don't seem to fit with them. Thunderous charge is 8 nora on corgi knight, what is so thunderous about this little guy's charge ? Literally anything could fill this spot better, heck put regen 1 or regen 2 there instead.

I agree with the second con part though, as in order to prevent the rush you need a decent amount of fairies out.

4. super71

Just played a game with fairies a bit ago against barbarians, it pretty much confirmed what I already knew about them. Low hp, prone to rushes, get's whooped by anything with 8 damage or higher.

Most of the game I managed to spend hiding behind force barrier and soothing serenade, however as soon as that passed and they got in close from a few hammer throws not much I could do.

5. Xirone

Xirone I need me some PIE!

To be fair, I played a pretty good game today with the Fae. I went up against, of all things, a UD Arrow Eater deck and won. I had enough Blinds and debuffs to keep the high cost champions neutered. I think it only worked because my opponent deployed two high cost champions early on which allowed me to get a few Fae out first. Still, It was a good game I thought I could't win. To be fair, again, I did lose several games today as well.

Edit: Actually, I did pretty well today. I won against the above game, a ST Ice Amp deck, and a FW summon spam deck. It was never an easy fight but I eventually won out.

Last edited: Jun 29, 2016
  6. Xirone

@Sokolov A simple way to bring the Fae Oracle back into the fold would be to reduce the cost of Anthomancy a bit (maybe to 4 nora?) and add Stasis on base. I think Stasis fits because the artwork shows her coming out of a flower. Maybe she rests in said flower for the first few turns and then emerges? Makes sense to me. Bonus points if she gets something in that second upgrade path like Divert, Deflect, Tempo, or Vitality: Nora.

super71 likes this.
  7. Xirone

And I'm putting them back on the shelf after losses today. I'm not the best player but it seems like with the Fae you either have a fun and hard fought battle or an easy loss. It doesn't seem like there are any scenarios where there are "easy" wins. Other decks have some easy wins, some easy losses, and some well fought games. They did do better than I thought in some games, though.

super71 likes this.
  8. super71

Yeah they are kinda bit or miss in my opinion, an oracle early game is huge. I agree with the no easy wins, even though I lost a few times with them I enjoyed it still. Fun theme

9. ChiaoLung

ChiaoLung I need me some PIE!

It was when Wandering wasn't cleansible.

Xirone likes this.
  10. Cinder405

Cinder405 I need me some PIE!

Enchantress was good when it had soften, deploy Prismatic Crystals, and Cast: Fairy Dust base. Also wandering back then wasn't cleasnable. It was permanent for the duration so it was great CC for those rushing melee champs.

11. Elves Rule

Elves Rule I need me some PIE!

Gunna be honest ehre I think oracle is actually insane as she is. Maybe a tad low on hp/high on nora cost, but with force barrier + serenade, she has great CC and plays like I think fairies (and actually most of KF) should be played.
    What I think would be awesome is a few more disables, even soft disables like slow or force barrier, on more of the fairies. Don't bother giving them insane dmg or anything, just a Bane Shift load of LITERAL stopping power.
    And, most importantly, give us some sources of defile. Because then we can actually win vs factions like IS and ST like that.

Also, as a helpful change if that isn't gunna happen for a while, make the doomy part fairy. He looks fairy-like, right? Metamorphosis is awesome.

12. izmocat

izmocat The King of Potatoes

hey could someone who knows how to run fairys well post an optimized fairy bg plz?

Xirone likes this.
  13. super71

Maybe Xirone, or another k'thir main. Not many people run fairies in sure their is someone though.

14. Xirone

This is my Fairy BG. It gets beat by a lot of things so is just for fun. It has plenty of Abash, healing, and +HP buffs to help keep things alive. Damage is a problem, of course, but Fan Faire helps and Honor Coin on the Sun Blossom is nice (Grant: Magical Aura works nicely to trigger the +HP effect which also works nicely with Abash). Again, though, I can't do too well in ranked with the deck.

https://poxbase.com/deck/c2cfmCgbCzlCx5ClycunciC1wCgTCgns4Ms4ys1vs1-s1as7Wr3nrUr4r3we2ue3I

super71 likes this.
  15. GemmaXylia

GemmaXylia Forum Royalty

Fae have access to a few sources of divert.

Divert is CD 5, but things like deflect are CD 4. Could we possibly get divert down to CD4 too? I think it's 2 nora cheaper than deflect currently.. I guess +2 nora would be fine for -1 CD.. I don't think this would break any other themes currently?

Also as some kind of negative cost modifier to make them a bit cheaper you could have something like "strength in numbers: When there are not friendly units within 8 spaces this unit has -2 def" Or something like that just to shave some of them down a bit? idk what others would think about that

16. super71

Making a low hp theme have another negative defense modifier is a horrible idea, no offense.

17. Xirone

Well, I think Fae just went up in playability a lot with the changes today. Faeguard Nullbeast is a super-tank in theme now.

EnigmaXIII and super71 like this.
  18. super71

Tough 3 bulwark fairy and being able to bodyguard is great, I also love the change to fairy dust and crystals change.

Xirone likes this.
  19. super71

Super pumped to run fae enchantress again

20. newsbuff

newsbuff Forum Royalty

im pretty curious about the sun blossom spell. what upgrades does she come out with? what is 5 AP enough for? im going to try running it with oracle.

super71 likes this.