Anyone remembers what Premium used to give?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Jib, Jul 1, 2016.

1. Jib

Jib Better-Known Member

Besides the ez banner when you subscribed and access to the expansion betas.

Tokens?

2. Phynixe

Phynixe I need me some PIE!

A rare every month along with whatever currency octopi used. Name tokens, quote tokens, etc.

3. SPiEkY

SPiEkY King of Jesters

It came with a free pack every month, your choice of warbanner (I believe this could be swapped out monthly or something), a token pack every month, and access to the rune forge, which was the only way to craft Banners/Diplos/Giving Trees.

IMAGIRL likes this.
  4. Boozha

Boozha I need me some PIE!

Two packs, actually, iirc. Two packs, a rare, a token pack, a warbanner ... Not sure though, long time ago.

5. SPiEkY

SPiEkY King of Jesters

Was it two packs? I seem to remember only getting one, but, like you said, it was a long time ago.

6. darklord48

darklord48 Forum Royalty

I remember that Lich King was used to forge the Spectral Emissary. I think Lich King was going for around $40 at the time.

7. IMAGIRL

IMAGIRL Forum Royalty

I remember it being 1 as well.

This is what I remember.

8. IMAGIRL

IMAGIRL Forum Royalty

I was able to find a cached Page from 07 on Pox. It was the introduction of Capture the Flag, King of the Hill, and Premium Membership. This is the summary, but I'll put a link below.

"Premium Accounts

• Premium Accounts will have access to our single-rune store that includes special edition runes that cannot be purchased in packs.
    • Will be able to choose one free Warbanner upon creation of Premium account.
    • Access to Premium Edition Warbanner runes.
    • Ability to buy new expansion content before release.
    • Premium account will also be given a monthly 10 rune booster pack allowance.
    • Exclusive access to game types
    • Exclusive access to the Single Rune Store
    • A unique icon in the Profile/Forum
    • A higher limit on the number of active trades
    • No minimum games played requirement for forum posts
    • No anti-idle disconnections on game server
    • Guaranteed inclusion in beta periods
    • Three different membership options
      • The 3 month membership averages to $5.00 per month ($2.00 when you factor in the value of the free booster packs).
      • The 6 month membership is $4.50 per month ($1.50 considering free packs).
      • The 12 month subscription $4.00 per month ($1.00 considering free packs).
    Single Rune Purchases

• Available to premium account holders only
    • Premium store prices are based on demand, and are subject to change.
    • Runes from the latest expansion are only avaialable in booster packs and not the single rune store."

https://www.poxnora.com/news/pastreleasenotes.do?release=59

Edit: Scrolling through the post; oh the nostalgia.

Last edited: Jul 1, 2016
  9. Tarabostes

Tarabostes I need me some PIE!

Not exactly on topic but I remember Lich King costing something like 150 bucks a piece.