Tanglefoot

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by JaceDragon, Apr 14, 2014.

1. RedDain

RedDain I need me some PIE!

I suppose if you made Flurry into an activated ability, on the order of a hyper-exertion, that cost an immmense amount of nora or health to activate, and had a huge cooldown, then you could justify it... hey! Maybe rather than splashing it on a champ that then needs pariah/unequip/liability/etc to be balanced, or putting it on a champ that has to gain charges to activate it, you made it a long-cooldown, high cost activated ability... would that help make it balanced?

2. ArchersAxe

ArchersAxe Member

I know last time this came up a lot of people spoke of simply making champs with Flurry have Multiattack 2/3

3. GabrielQ

GabrielQ I need me some PIE!

What if flurry were " this champion's basic attack AP cost can't increase", so flurry champions would attack 3,3,3,3... and multiattack + flurry champions would attack 2,2,2,2,...

4. Gorebucket

Gorebucket Forum Royalty

As I said the last time it came up, if Tanglefoot needs to lose Flurry, that's okay -- provided he is adjusted in such a way that leaves him viable. I don't think just slapping Multiattack 3 on him and removing Pariah/Skirmisher is enough to do that. He's a 6 Damage, 5 Speed, 40 Hp champ for 70 Nora who does little besides attack. Let's talk some stat increases or additional abilities or serious price cuts while we're talking about dropping him down to 1-2 attacks per turn.

Shuyash likes this.
  5. IceHippo

IceHippo Active Member

One of my first BGs was a KF/FS split where I basically just abused Crazy Legs and Death Lilies cloaked with concealers... It was awfully cheesy and I got more rage quits than complete game wins, and now I feel bad about it... I don't run either anymore simply out of guilt. Just switch it to multi-attack 3 and adjust the little guys accordingly, Tanglefoot would still be useful if he was buffed accordingly, death lily might require a little more, at least he works well with clouds and "resetting" your knockbacks if he gets close enough for 2x attacks.

6. Xiape

Xiape I need me some PIE!

The other issue is that damage boosts on him (especially spot damage boosts) are much stronger than on other champions, because he does so many attacks per turn. Ultimately we realized that flurry is just too strong of an ability.

7. JaceDragon

JaceDragon I need me some PIE!

This, treehouse and boost treefolk make him to reach 12 dmg

8. Gorebucket

Gorebucket Forum Royalty

Actually, yes. If Flurry is removed he no longer justifies his price and needs further adjustments, which was what I said above. :)

9. Faust

Faust Devotee of the Blood Owl

Flurry + Ponderous can be answer like PaperSkull said

all atacks would be 2 ap

10. only

only Active Member

I think that MA3 is fine here. 2+2+5 = 3+3+3 and I believe it's enough.

however, I don't see how Aspect of Violence is offender here. it's a very good rune. it is also unique rune. I do understand the sentiment behind using resources in the most optimal way (read: making abilities that way you could spread them around), but I also think it should be for future design. the catch here is that we ALREADY have this ability. so removing Aspect of Violence's ability doesn't seem so wise.

11. HardyGames32

HardyGames32 I need me some PIE!

Tell me how Czar of the Void's unique ability, Ash the Bandit Prince's ability marauder, Double Trouble (Coragh) would make sense on any other champ.

12. RedDain

RedDain I need me some PIE!

Czar of the Void's ability is similar to the Totem of the Muses (except he's mobile), Marauder is like pets on steroids, and Double Trouble is just Rider x2... there are analogs to these abilities that exist in the game. Yes, these forms of the ability are stronger, more flavorful, and modified/augmented to fit those champs... but the abilities themselves are not altogether unique.

Sokolov and dsjtheman like this.
  13. Prami

Prami I need me some PIE!

LoL... Would that trigger multiple times per turn?

14. Faust

Faust Devotee of the Blood Owl

and Soulstrike :)

15. GIFTbr

GIFTbr Member

Another "many" attack on same turn its big champs 2x2 taking 4 hits from some strait line skills, that is lame, why aoe spells dont 4x hit it too? -.- or global effects -.-

16. Atherhog

Atherhog I need me some PIE!

Wanted to jump in on this.

1. I'm not convinced tanglefoot is a problem... With all the other big hitters in the game, he gets taken down pretty quickly if you're not careful.
    2. I'll accept the majority view though... also, with the revamp, I can see he being overlooked and massivley OP.
    3. As already stated, just sticking MA3 on him would be a bad move. Even with stat/cost changes - he becomes a dull beater.
    4. Charged attack and attack charged, with MA3 could work?

17. JaceDragon

1: he's a problem, because every one who play him, take him safe, and if u stay in his range, and he have 2-3 ap he could make 2-3 atks
    2: after the revamp, who could say something about what will happen to him?
    3. of course not, giving him unly ma3 is obviously a bad move
    4. no

18. Paper Skull

Paper Skull I need me some PIE!

1. I agree
    2. Assuming things will be generally toned down, this is a reasonable worry
    3. He would need some other changes, but it doesn't sound horrible as far as ideas go.
    4. I also agree. At least Flurry is fairly straightforward.

19. Atherhog

Atherhog I need me some PIE!

1: 2-3 attacks at a maximum of 12dmg (and this is not always possible to pull off and costs nora). Then the average front man/woman reduces dmg by what? say 2-3... so dmg of about 30 in one turn... and thats on the rare occasions you have everything boosted! There are champs out there that can out dmg him - that's for sure.

2. who knows indeed.

3. No further comment.

4. Maybe not, but keeps his flurry flavour without the flurry...

20. JaceDragon

I continue to not agree here, who playe tanglefoot play him safe, and if there is a font to contest i cannot put my champs mile away from him, so he can do more than 2-3 atk, but 4-5 or more so he could simple one rounding alone one or more champs