Runescape

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by GemmaXylia, Apr 17, 2014.

1. GemmaXylia

GemmaXylia Forum Royalty

I was feeling nostalgic and logged into one of my old runescape accounts, you can buy membership with gold now instead of real money so I did that to get a few weeks members...

Come be nostalgic with me!

2. Agirgis1

Agirgis1 Forum Royalty

:0 used to play a lot before got bored.... had like full pernix and max ranger pvm etc >.<

3. Thonskie

Thonskie Member

woah! gold for membership?
    I'm going to try and check this again.

thanks for the info!

oh btw gemma, how much gold did you pay for those weekly membership?

4. GemmaXylia

GemmaXylia Forum Royalty

It was around 6.5m for 14 days membership, so pretty cheap really!

Thonskie likes this.
  5. KTCAOP

KTCAOP I need me some PIE!

Last I checked, I was still stuck on newbie island.

6. TeaNinja

TeaNinja I need me some PIE!

I used to play back in middle-school. I have a lvl 86 main, and I have some lvl 60 or 70 something pure STR. Game went to Bane Shift a long time ago right? Evolution of Combat for one thing.

7. MentalMoles

MentalMoles I need me some PIE!

we played a load on oldschool when it was released, that was fun.

8. Thonskie

Thonskie Member

Thanks! :)

9. GemmaXylia

GemmaXylia Forum Royalty

having a surprising amount of fun, this is awesome!

10. Intweener

Intweener I need me some PIE!

Still playing for over 10 years :p , no rush just loving the hell out of every aspect in the game :p
    The membership there costs ~5-8 mils per 2 weeks.
    Partyhats are valued over a billion
    santa hats over 100 million in case you have one laying around
    best quests in comparison to any game (unless you'd actually read the quests in world of warcraft, but be honest,who does that seriously? :p)

Hail the Cabbage God!

11. Agirgis1

Agirgis1 Forum Royalty

lol you guys make me wanna play again... but i dont even know whats fun to do on the game anymore

12. Intweener

Haha.. well @Agirgis1 gis1 and @everyone :p if you need any motivation to play rs. I'm sort of a.. quick wiki when it comes to that game. So just ask ahead and i'll do my best to give (without wiki-ing myself :p) fun tips perhaps :)

13. GemmaXylia

GemmaXylia Forum Royalty

abyss barraging mage, sooooo much xp

14. TeaNinja

TeaNinja I need me some PIE!

It was a fun game but, didn't Evolution of Combat ruin combat?

15. Intweener

@TeaNinja Heck no! and don't let yourself be fooled by anyone who just does not like ANY kind of change. Sure it required some getting used to. But even now you can setup your own skills, and it will now be used automatically. So everyone can actualy develop their own build and hotkeys for it.
    (i prefer 1234, qwer. Where 1234 is used automatically and QWE are 'treshold abilities' i can trigger manually.

and for all the whiners around they even (on popular demand) introduce the old way of combat next to EoC and Revolution. :D

Oh and just consider this :
    Before the bot nuke there were ~125k people online at peak hours. Once the bots actually got destroyed ~10 months back on peak hours there were approx 10-20k people online. That has already quadroupled to 60-70k at peak hours :D

16. Prami

Prami I need me some PIE!

I remember Runescape, is it still entirely Browser Based?

I also remember Mabanogi, which was the superior counterpart to Runescape (before it got whored out).

17. Intweener

@Prami it's still java based, but there is a game client now. everything resizable, and you can even change the hud to your liking.

18. xeorox

xeorox The King of Potatoes

Does anybody have any 07 gold I can buy? Pm me!

19. Fikule

Fikule I need me some PIE!

I mostly miss UO more than Runescape :(

20. Ragic

Ragic I need me some PIE!

Would it be fair to say that this 'membership for gold' thing represents Runescape moving in the f2p direction? What impact would you say it has had on the game?