Cactuar Crate - Spirits Beyond

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Sokolov, Mar 30, 2016.

1. Boozha

Boozha I need me some PIE!

Also with ST or UD, which also transfigure to make a push, or the IS one, which may transfigure to form the ultimative phalanx. I don't like it that way, it makes them gimmicky and unenjoyable to play against. I hate powerchamps.

Woffleet likes this.
  2. Woffleet

Woffleet I need me some PIE!

exactly that's why I feel they should be changed to be more consistent and theme oriented.

3. Boozha

Boozha I need me some PIE!

Perhaps, but making them theme oriented would make them better in one theme and worse in all others. Maybe if they releasted more avatars? Woo, more cash!

4. Woffleet

Woffleet I need me some PIE!

Well now that the base code has been rewriiten would this be a possibility? @Sokolov

5. Xzablaz

Xzablaz I need me some PIE!

make the avatar raceless? or race: Avatar

6. Sirius

Sirius I need me some PIE!

Liked for the "turbocancer" thing. Was funny.

7. themacca

themacca Master of Challenges

@Sokolov magic beam, magic bomb, and illuminate will actually buff enemy defence to 0 if it has defence in the negatives.

8. Sokolov

Sokolov The One True Cactuar Octopi

Actually, looking at the code, only Magic Beam should have this issue, I will have to test.

Did you actually see all 3 behaving this way?

Last edited: Jul 9, 2016
  9. Tweek516

Tweek516 I need me some PIE!

I like this.

10. themacca

illuminate and magic beam i did. I hadnt for magic bomb since i have no sources but i assumed it worked the same way magic beam did

11. themacca

@Sokolov i know individual changes arent much priority here but can death guard have his Upgrade line 2 changed to a defensive ability like tough or enduring aura. or even vigilant. Also little bit of extra HP would be nice too

12. potatonuts

potatonuts I need me some PIE!

Wanted to bring up the point of Fiery Ambush and the similar ST spell being usable on uncontested FW fonts. The FW bonus isn't exactly powerful and this is one of the few situations where it would actually come in handy, seems to defeat the purpose of having DMZ as the font bonus.

Netherzen likes this.
  13. MouseSoul

MouseSoul New Member

why? i added the damage, 8 attack 9 on snow, 50% frost damage increase, let's say +4. so on snow, it would be 13, most runes average out to be 10 attack, as well as he can at most make 2 attacks each turn with no buffs or equips in two rounds before it goes to one attack, as well as makes his nora cost up 79 for a low hitting rune. Honestly imo Imp Strangler should lose his intimidating ability, for a common rune of his set up, but hey that's just me

14. darklord48

darklord48 Forum Royalty

Rarity does not equal power.

PhdNiceGuy likes this.
  15. potatonuts

Could Plague be changed to either inhibit the target or have a cost reduction? It took a bit of a hit when inhibition was removed from Rabid.

Netherzen likes this.
  16. MouseSoul

MouseSoul New Member

But it is an easy rune to acquire, I know rarity doesn't mean power, some of the runes I used that are exo, rival legend status, but for a common which can be made by 8 shards, and is rather cheap to trade for, and UD have countless ways of making range useless against, as well as being able to stealth it, so it can do a lot of damage rather quickly, without being hindered.

17. potatonuts

It's easy to acquire because it isn't rare and it's rarity is not relevant to it's in game strength.

Qucas, darklord48 and DrakeArron like this.
  18. Netherzen

Netherzen I need me some PIE!

Any update/progress on this?

19. Sokolov

Sokolov The One True Cactuar Octopi

20. MouseSoul

MouseSoul New Member

Does anyone else want to add, that rarity doesn't mean power. I think we got that base covered quite well, all I am saying for a simple rune that is easy to grab, and it shouldn't be that hard to counter, with out using up a decent amount of nora... or rework intimidating to have where it works to a sense of Nokoh Doh, where it stops Melee atks with 1 to 2 ap, and cant be used when stunned, or maybe stealth isn't effected by it... just something that can make other Melee runes more versatile against it