Raise a hand whoever...

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Goyo, Jul 7, 2016.

1. Goyo

Goyo I need me some PIE!

...whoever tried Fading Recollection to steal an equip or spell ability with Gobling Thievery, and failed miserably... [​IMG]

The thread was meant for anyone to comment some idea that worked wonderful in your mind, but ended up not working as expected.

Last edited: Jul 7, 2016
  2. MogaBait

MogaBait I need me some PIE!

Why are you running Fading Recollection? o_O

3. Goyo

Goyo I need me some PIE!

You could remove all base and upgrade abilities, and then give another one from an equipment or spell, and steal that with 100% chance. At least, on paper, since it doesn't work heh...

Tweek516, IMAGIRL, Qucas and 2 others like this.
  4. Kampel

Kampel I need me some PIE!

My silly moves were being Antagonized and trying to relly on CounterAttack to kill another champ.. but antagonize counters it :c

Goyo likes this.
  5. DrakeArron

DrakeArron I need me some PIE!

If that were a notable mistake of mine, then I'd be really happy. Because then I might actually be decent enough that making mistake would be worth mentioning XD.

19madfox95 and Goyo like this.
  6. Goyo

Goyo I need me some PIE!

Ha! I'ts not a notable mistake but I though it would be fun to share the failed enthusiasm and see where others have failed.

7. Elves Rule

Elves Rule I need me some PIE!

Had spare mana, so just used inhibit power because it's generally good. In doing so I completely forgot that it hits my champs too, and lost 2 kills that round because of it. :(

Willow likes this.
  8. Phynixe

Phynixe I need me some PIE!

...That spell kills my phoenixes, please delete.

9. Latviak

Latviak New Member

Bubble of protection on Deep Elf Manslayer anyone?

10. SPiEkY

SPiEkY King of Jesters

It'll always be Long Knife Adept to me

BurnPyro, Ballballer, IMAGIRL and 3 others like this.
  11. Lushiris

Lushiris I need me some PIE!

It's a great point man. This would be solved by adding a "basic and upgrade abilities only" clause, but to be honest, it's so damn situational that I guess it's not even worth the effort. Not to mention it would make the text even heavier.

12. SomeYY

SomeYY New Member

I thought about it too but after experimenting with Goblin Thievery, it didn't seem to steal abilities from equipment ever for me so I gave up on that idea pretty early on...

Sort of related... I have thought about trying Fading Recollection on my own champion (still trying to find champion with great stats that has negative abilities to get rid of). :D

13. Vorian

Vorian I need me some PIE!

Use it on Max for lols. Caine used to use FR on Max back when he had 30 damage to go on a killing spree.

14. SPiEkY

SPiEkY King of Jesters

A trick he took from me, I'd like to note.

Qucas and Vorian like this.
  15. Goyo

Goyo I need me some PIE!

Yeah like "What champion is it? Oh right..." Thanks for the reference.

I believe you can't go further in that strategy than bypassing Lumbering champions with Flying abilities.

Leadrz likes this.
  16. SomeYY

SomeYY New Member

There are a couple other stationary champions but it seems base stats aren't too interesting...

Back to original idea... I wonder if Fading Recollection then spell to grant opposing champion ability would work any better...

17. mortal ix

mortal ix I need me some PIE!

Just equip flag of uni and laugh

18. SomeYY

SomeYY New Member

I guess you must have tried it since it was mentioned in original post but is there a bug here? :)

What was most shocking/surprising to me is even though Fading Recollection supposed to make "[t]arget champion permanently losses all base and upgrade abilities that are not basic attacks"... what was stolen was the supposedly lost abilities??? Since Goblin Thievery is supposed to steal random non-basic attack abilities, I would think it should steal nothing after Fading Recollection or one of the abilities gain through equipment or spell after Fading Recollection.

19. themacca

themacca Master of Challenges

My big mistake for the day. Sleeping through a few turns at the start of a game.

20. Goyo

Goyo I need me some PIE!

Gobling Thievery is coded in such a way that it doesn't matter what abilities the champion currently has, ot read abilities from it's original stats, like a clone reads from the original copy without measuing any stat change.