Disease Breath Overcosted Now?

Discussion in 'Forsaken Wastes' started by potatonuts, Jul 16, 2016.

1. potatonuts

potatonuts I need me some PIE!

Now that secondary effects have been removed I'm wondering if it's fair that Disease Breath costs the same as it's counterpart abilities considering that it doesn't damage relics or the enemy shrine.

I always felt the fact that Rabid had such a strong secondary effect justified that but now that it's gone it seems unfair that they cost the same yet Disease Breath is significantly worse.

Unless that new DB hasn't been updated and they are differently costed, in which case everything would be fine.

Kampel, IMAGIRL, TeaScholar and 3 others like this.
  2. themacca

themacca Master of Challenges

Fair point actually. following the same scheme as base attacks disease breath should go to 8

3. potatonuts

I suppose the same would go for Rabid in general as all other dots affect relics too.

4. themacca

themacca Master of Challenges

not off of base attacks however

potatonuts likes this.
  5. OriginalG1

OriginalG1 I need me some PIE!

yes on proclamation 420, buffing the Disease Breath.

6. yobanchi

yobanchi I need me some PIE!

Rabid and Aura don't normally effect relics/shrines though so those would technically remain the same.

You could always just remove immunity poison/disease from relics/shrines.

7. potatonuts

For some reason i was thinking there was a spell which applied rabid but i was wrong.

Removing immunity seems like the simplest solution, helps with the whole streamlining thing too.

8. vipoid

vipoid I need me some PIE!

Was I the only one who liked it more when more things had sensible immunities (constructs immune to poison and disease, undead immune to disease and resistant to poison etc.)?

Regardless, I agree that disease breath should be cheaper.

IMAGIRL likes this.
  9. potatonuts

From a flavor point of view i would prefer things to be that way but in regard to keeping the game more simple and just less of a bother to play i prefer it this way.

IMAGIRL likes this.
  10. super71

super71 I need me some PIE!

Seems fair

11. Djangoguy

Djangoguy The King of Potatoes

we can assume that attack: disease and attack: poison would hit shrines and relics too?

12. serxic

serxic I need me some PIE!

13. serxic

serxic I need me some PIE!

for me is a error nerf a counter for heal, i remember the effect "VIRUS" in FF IX , you dont cant heal until be cleanse with a vaccum, the same in resident evil.

14. IMAGIRL

IMAGIRL Forum Royalty

There was no need for a new thread. Merged.

15. potatonuts

It can indeed, let us rejoice.