This 50 dollar "bargain" is a huge ripoff and slap in the face

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by BurnPyro, Jul 28, 2016.

1. BurnPyro

BurnPyro Forum Royalty

I'm sorry what, 50 bucks for 2 boxes (with 1 guaranteed exo and 500 shards) + a xulos (and lets be fair, selling a reskin a a 10 dollar worth limited rune is a Firking scumbag move, what the Firk).

Just as I was getting back in this game, ready to drop money on a megabox, you pull this Bane Shift. Honestly, you ain't getting my money this expansion. I have been buying megaboxes lasts expansions even though I didn't play, just cause take my money and whatever. But not this time. Even I, who throws money away for no reason, can't justify this absolute joke. Exotics are near worthless when the next expansion hits unless you got one that's an absolute must in your faction and it didn't get cycled out. Rares/uncommons/commons are absolutely worthless.

This is a slap in the face of loyal customers. Been dropping them stacks for ya'll, but this is just silly.

Just like you don't announce the expansion until a few hours before, you pull this marketplace nonsense, while you're gonna have to Firking IMPROVE THE Firking ECONOMY if you ever want this game to do better than it is now. Or at least not die as fast.

Get someone in charge who both cares bout the players and has a clue about marketting, this is ridiculous. Honestly

I'm just very dissapointed

mortal ix, Excalibur95, Qucas and 4 others like this.
  2. newsbuff

newsbuff Forum Royalty

I don't like BP's hostile tone, but I also feel the value is not there with the new 2 box bundle. Furthermore, I feel tricked into having purchased it, normally expecting the featured $50 deal to be 3x boxes as per the past many expansions and the marketplace image:
    upload_2016-7-28_11-52-40.png

Last edited: Jul 28, 2016
    Fentum, poinl, mortal ix and 6 others like this.
  3. SPiEkY

SPiEkY King of Jesters

I didn't buy anything this expac (yet, probably), but I do find it incredibly misleading that the picture shows 3 boxes, when, in actuality, you only receive 2.

Yes, I know it clearly says 2 + Xulos, but the picture is still very misleading.

poinl, Vorian, soulmilk and 4 others like this.
  4. BurnPyro

BurnPyro Forum Royalty

I am a very disgruntled customer who just find out his favorite custard was removed in favor of some bland overpriced product.

No seriously, this is a poor expansion. Map rotation is god awful as well. I was really looking forward to playing the game now that I've got time off. Guess not.

Qucas and JellyBerry like this.
  5. Boozha

Boozha I need me some PIE!

I agree that the 50$ pack is crap for value, which is why I only bought a normal box this time around. And yeah, map rotation isn't really giving me great vibes either.

I also agree that the image should be hotfixed, it's a bit of a PR suicide.

Fentum, Qucas and JellyBerry like this.
  6. Firk

Firk I need me some PIE!

i kinda agree here, 3 boxes would be better

Fentum likes this.
  7. OriginalG1

OriginalG1 I need me some PIE!

I bought it, got cat fished by the "Full reskin of Xulos with unique ability effects" then I remember (while in game) that visual effect don't even work with my awesome every second of every day lag that might or might not be fixed with the launching of the new platform stuff.

8. newsbuff

newsbuff Forum Royalty

Yeah can we discuss "full reskin"

[​IMG] [​IMG]
    $10???????????????????
    "Full reskin"

Pattn199, Goyo, ChiaoLung and 5 others like this.
  9. doubtofbuddha

doubtofbuddha I need me some PIE!

I thought the difference between the image and description was fishy, so I got confirmation before buying. But yeah, I would have been pissed too if I had not noticed that, as I was expecting three boxes.

Fentum and ChiaoLung like this.
  10. bambino

bambino I need me some PIE!

BP's a lil ruff,, but forced to agree,, 50$ is alot for the value,,,
    should be 40$ and the reskin should be a free incentive for someone willing to plunk 40$ .. at the same time if people wanna by the 10$ reskin individually, , they should be allowed for that limited time.

11. JellyBerry

JellyBerry Forum Royalty

It's both sad and annoying how time and time again DOG comes off as an incompetent company due to bad decision-making.

I couldn't care less about expansions, especially when I know how short lived they are. Please consider revising the marketplace and the approach of your company towards players. While new runes are fun and pretty to play with and look at, they will not be doing too much in the long term.

Pattn199 likes this.
  12. slabgar

slabgar Well-Known Member

Hmmm, so two boxes is *not* a typo?

13. Pedeguerra

Pedeguerra I need me some PIE!

About the $50 dollar deal: whether you guys like it or not, there is nothing wrong with offering a "deal" like that. Nobody forces anybody to buy stuff, and the people who got only 2 exotics were unlucky and thats it. I'm still baffled that you guys still throw money at Pox, but whatever.

HOWEVER, as a lawyer (and this is me giving you free counciling hour), DOG either changes that picture now or it is asking for trouble. It is misleading and there is no way a law suit would turn bad for the custormer here.

14. slabgar

slabgar Well-Known Member

The bundle costs more than its components. (5000 vs 3600) I'd love to see a statement from the company as to whether or not this is intentional?

15. darklord48

darklord48 Forum Royalty

Comments have been made regarding this. The difference is covered by the limited edition Xulos. Previously an LE was sold in a bundle where the price attributed to the LE was about the same, so they tried it this way. From the reaction, it won't happen again.

Here is the original post.

16. JellyBerry

JellyBerry Forum Royalty

True enough, though I'd at least expect the company to properly cater to their audience. Trading is essentially dead so it barely makes any sense to me to make a LE 're-skin' (it's basically the same thing) part of the bundle. Only people who actually want the rune would be interested in this type of deal given the current context.

17. Pedeguerra

Pedeguerra I need me some PIE!

Agreed.
    I think I came off rude, sorry guys. It's just how things goes with buying packs and whatnot on card games, getting unlucky happens.
    The problem here is the misleading picture.

Fentum and JellyBerry like this.
  18. Makorov

Makorov I need me some PIE!

o rly

@Sokolov
    You'll be hearing from my lawyer within 2 business days.

BurnPyro likes this.
  19. Sokolov

Sokolov The One True Cactuar Octopi

Outcast De'lim actually sold quite well, which is why we are doing it again. Players have been asking for reskins of that type for awhile now (there's another one slated for the mid-term).

In that case, we put it in its own bundle with an approximate value of $15-20.

That said, player reaction to the inclusion in the Megabox has not been good, and it's likely we won't do it that way again, regardless of the data. Players have gotten used to buying the Megabox in a specific format and changing it appears to have caused a lot of confusion.

DrakeArron likes this.
  20. Sokolov

Sokolov The One True Cactuar Octopi

This is because you are valuing the LE at 0.

The LE is considered worth approximately 1500-2000 (same as the last LE, Outcast De'lim when he was sold in his own bundle), so we consider the bundle to be worth around 5500.

DrakeArron likes this.