This 50 dollar "bargain" is a huge ripoff and slap in the face

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by BurnPyro, Jul 28, 2016.

1. Sokolov

Sokolov The One True Cactuar Octopi

Which is why one of the things we are trying is different ways to sell reskins, rather than only relying on new content.

DrakeArron likes this.
  2. Sokolov

The Map Rotation implemented was botched and not intended and included many old versions of maps, it's been fixed.

DrakeArron likes this.
  3. Sokolov

Yea, it's one of those situations where fixing one thing (accessibility) causes another problem. Players complained about accessibility for many years, and DOG introduced the forge, which was initially loved, but its effects on trading on rune value is certainly a valid criticism of having such a system.

DrakeArron likes this.
  4. BurnPyro

BurnPyro Forum Royalty

is there an update which maps are in rotation now?

I refuse to play until the 2010 version of plains of valdac is removed. Player 2 might as well instant surrender

5. Sokolov

It's more or less the same set of maps, just different versions in some cases. The person who implemented the maps didn't realize there were different versions.

Here's the list from my tracking dock:

upload_2016-7-28_12-59-45.png

DrakeArron likes this.
  6. Sokolov

Yea, that one should be gone.

One thing about the old maps resurfacing tho is that I think it illustrates how much better the new maps are :D

But yea, I mean, Ruins of Valdac, old Nora Glades... those were the maps when I was not a green yet, and I am thinking "We played on these?! wtf?!"

IMAGIRL, DrakeArron and BurnPyro like this.
  7. BurnPyro

BurnPyro Forum Royalty

i think the forge is defo great

and I'd spend 50 bucks no questions asked on a megabox, not on 2 singles though. Don't really care for a reskin of a rune that I don't play much for 14 bucks

still waiting for more specific boxes, or an option to spend like 100 owl credits to craft a rune from the current expansion, something like that, dunno

8. Boozha

Boozha I need me some PIE!

... But Grove of Ashes ... Autowins for flying aren't really that great either

9. Sokolov

There is actually a pack revamp coming with the PS4 launch which I think most people will like. There's also a feature I want to do that won't make it into the initial launch but it's something I am pushing for (which will "ensure" 10% Exotic rate, essentially). More details to come when it's closer.

10. JellyBerry

JellyBerry Forum Royalty

Understand and appreciate. But the approach taken this time doesn't seem very effective to me from scratch. There is a bit of an inherent problem (to me) with attaching faction specific re-skins to a bundle, especially since it's monetary value will most likely not translate into in-game value.

The implementation of the forge was a fantastic thing, and I personally don't think the problem lies much with the forge as it does with external trading sites (since the community is small to begin with). I don't know if you guys can do anything about them specifically but as long as they're around and remain the better option there won't be much else to it. The forge provides set value which should be enough to get a healthy trading environment going.

Pattn199, bambino, Pedeguerra and 2 others like this.
  11. BurnPyro

BurnPyro Forum Royalty

i love myself

JellyBerry likes this.
  12. Sokolov

Reasonable.

DrakeArron, JellyBerry and BurnPyro like this.
  13. BurnPyro

BurnPyro Forum Royalty

[​IMG]

JellyBerry and darklord48 like this.
  14. BurnPyro

BurnPyro Forum Royalty

its still showing up in my games ( 4 font valdac just now?, when is this live?

i really am bothered to the point of fqing evenwhen first

15. Sokolov

Should be a 3 font version. It should be live. I'll have someone look into it.

DrakeArron likes this.
  16. DrakeArron

DrakeArron I need me some PIE!

Congrats sok. You took something that I was sure would end up in disaster and turned it completely around.
    Only thing you haven't addressed pretty much perfectly is the faulty megabox advertising image. Personally I don't care or harp much on you for it, but others might...

EDIT: Also, I've liked every one of your comments on this thread. Hope you had fun with the alert flooded inbox and slightly increased rep :p.

17. Sokolov

18. mortal ix

mortal ix I need me some PIE!

This "deal" was a ripoff pure and simple, the so called reskin is nothing but a scam, a reskin is supposed look unique, this does not.

I personally dont care about market values but that said, no matter how you sugarcoat it. This is an excellent way to lose customers and if you want to be looked at as a serious company you should offer refunds.

You come off as shady by doing stunts like this, what happens when people stops trusting your marketplace?

19. Markoth

Markoth Lord Inquisitor

2 of its abilities have been reskinned. I do agree they could have at least turned his robe Blue or something.

mortal ix likes this.
  20. Firk

Firk I need me some PIE!

the xulos art is fantastic that alone is why i want it