Old frog coming back to game. Help me out.

Discussion in 'Forglar Swamp' started by rutslane, Apr 13, 2014.

1. rutslane

rutslane The King of Potatoes

Hello. It's been a few years since I played and I guess a few things have changed.

Anyway, here is what I currently play:
    http://poxbase.com/#!/deck/C30cgUcikCq-cpNC5Bcpac9WCtFcoHcp3C5qs6TS46S5Bs6hS3vr2LrWe2wE1H

It seems some of it is random. I.e I added Darkmarsh fury based on what I saw on a few decks on the forum. I dropped Boghopper Huntmaster.

My question is: how does my current BG hold up? I.e what runes should be changed or added.
    It seems that my BG suffers from the typical Forglar Swamp weakness: low defence and small hp, making my champions easy to kill.

I've seen that some snaptooths have come into play and some of them have higher def+incorporeal. How do these guys hold up in battles?

Also: I have like 34k of gold. Should I use it to buy packages or perhaps a prearranged battelgroup (either Forglar Swamp to get Neuromancer or perhaps some other to try out other factions and trade runes).

All suggestions are welcome.

2. only

only Active Member

Neuromancy will contain Neuromancer so I would buy that deck only if I needed that particular card.

34k gold should probably be spent on box (expanded set)

two current main crutches in FS are Poisonous Fumes+any source of KB (mostly Slam) and PHStampede+DMG modifier (Mark, Battlemaster, Motivate etc)

so getting Darkmarsh Concealers would be wise.

for Detection AND NOT, Marsh Trolls and Salaman Trappers are being used.

for cheap (raritywise) ranged (and alt damage), Firk Mastermins should serve their purpose.

our main heal is Boghopper Shaman (not Font of Restoration)

I would try to build the deck that way (non champion runeswise) that fitting 2x PHStampede, 2x Poisonous Fumes (probably just 1x since you won't have any Slam), Tortun Land Canon and Reverberating Blast would find their spot there.

so this is how it would be (changes). note, I'm just changing for probably a slightly better otions in general, while maintaining your deck.

Marsh Warden and Forglar Paladin ---> 2x Marsh Trolls
    2x Boghopper Spitters ---> 2x Firk Masterminds
    Darkmarsh Fury and Firk Mind Shredder ---> 2x Darkmarsh Concealers
    Pirahnid Warrior and Salaman Hunter ---> 2x Salaman Trapper
    Font of Restoration ---> Boghopper Shaman
    2x Frenzied Pirahnids ---> 2x Bloodfiend Pirahnids
    Spore Pox + Undertow ---> Drown+Monsoon
    Bubble of Protection ---> Tortun Land Canon

HERE how it looks after these.

you will have to decide how this water module is performing for you. does it work or not. you want to expand it or remove completely.

3. profhulk

profhulk Forum Royalty

4. GabrielQ

GabrielQ I need me some PIE!

jellebrium darkweaver is as good as firk mastermind

5. rutslane

It seems that the main card trading site TC Bay http://tcgbay.com/ does not work anymore (the last update was in November).
    I've seen that there is a new site caled Poxbox to trade cards. Are there any other ones?

Btw, what are the peak hours for playing? I tried yesterday at around 17:00 GMT +2 and it was hard to get a game; I tried both 'Wait in Queue' and 'Create a game'.

Thanks for the replies, I have some ideas to play around with now.

6. Kimiz

Kimiz Active Member

No it is unfortunately the only one. Unfortunately because it has a bit too much liberty to fix the prices in my eyes.
    On the other hand it's way more convenient to use than the old tcgbay, because all the transactions are automated and immediate.

7. rickyjpen

rickyjpen Devotee of the Blood Owl

i agree with all these implementations.. Although if he is going for a water module he should replace the masterminds with something more water-oriented in the area of alt damage. In general I personally find masterminds to be underwhelming outside of firks.

8. rutslane

Ok. I've been playing around with runes a bit.

Here is what I currently have:
    http://poxbase.com/#!/deck/CgPcikCq-C5LColCfTC8UcjUcoHcp3C5qs1s6Ts1gS46S5Bs54rNrWE1H

I got neuros with the idea of possession in mind (I guess that was removed a while ago) but to my disappointment discovered that they don't have the ability anymore. I thought that mindwipe aura and psychic jab are still good enough to include them. A question for you: should I take mindwipe aura+leap OR mindwipe aura+telekinetic thrust?

The idea of the deck is to play with slam+poison but also have alternative damage type (psychic).

I am thinking: perhaps I should take out 1 Neuro or 1 Marsh Troll and add Salaman Hunter or Salaman Trapper.

9. rickyjpen

rickyjpen Devotee of the Blood Owl

I like your BG how you have it now personally. And I think in terms of knockbacks into poisonous fumes I would go telekinetic thrust but leap give him that vital mobility to get out of sticky situations which could equally come in handy. Up to you I would guess xP.

10. GabrielQ

GabrielQ I need me some PIE!

You are lacking a couple of circadian songmaster, their water gen is vital for your aquatic module, and I would add undertow and drown also.