Expo 29 Meta-check

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by kalasle, Jul 28, 2016.

1. GemmaXylia

GemmaXylia Forum Royalty

Artillery marker? - I just had a look into this rune actually to test a few tricks. Wisp fascinate pulling into artillery marker range causes it to go off for 12 dmg and stun, so does elven strategists pull. However the stun is only 1 turn so it doesn't stop your opponent from moving. I wonder if you could setup an instakill type scenario by pulling someone into artillery marker, which knocks into landmine range or something along those lines. Kind of like the vicious harpoon pulls?

2. kalasle

kalasle Forum Royalty

It will still reduce DEF by 2 for that turn.

3. potatonuts

potatonuts I need me some PIE!

It would also stun enemy champs in their turn if fascinate pulled them in. Artillery Marker is crazy annoying IMO.

4. GemmaXylia

GemmaXylia Forum Royalty

Fascinate happens at the start of my turn. The stun doesn't last into their turn. Kal is right though 12 dmg and -2def is pretty nice anyway =]

5. potatonuts

potatonuts I need me some PIE!

Yes, I don't know why i thought it was the other way round.

6. Pedeguerra

Pedeguerra I need me some PIE!

Well, yeah.
    The stunned condition being only 1 turn hinders it a lot in this scenario. Still prevents you from being maniced, though, does it not? Not to mention, the unit would be stunned in your turn if he moved towards the relic, right?

7. GemmaXylia

GemmaXylia Forum Royalty

If they chose to walk into it the stun ends at the end of their turn so I don't get the def benefit. I don't really know when manic triggers if it counts as still their turn or my turn.. that might keep it stunned :) I think I will pop one into my decks just incase!

8. Xirone

Xirone I need me some PIE!

Another thing to consider is that, I believe, Impenetrable champs can't get hit with Manic. For this reason Premonition could temporarily help out a lot. Of course you'd need to know when the player was going to use Avarice to protect against the alpha strike. After Avarice is in play Premonition could help. Not many champs worth running have that ability, though, in KF.

9. Lushiris

Lushiris I need me some PIE!

This is actually na amazing idea, given the number of splits people are using. Something I'm seeing a lot is themes with non-Champion runes from another faction. Not sure I like it, but several make a crazy impact(such as SP/UD Imps I lost to yesterday, it was obnoxious to play against and sad to see how cheap they were). Would be cool is many people posted their BG's.

10. MogaBait

MogaBait I need me some PIE!

Probably a few controversial slots:

Minotaurs.png

11. SPiEkY

SPiEkY King of Jesters

Avarice where?

12. Cinder405

Cinder405 I need me some PIE!

One fire blast and the relic is done since it only has enough Hotpoints to trigger 3 times. Premonition is a good counter. But also casting Protection can help as well by gaining Eater abilities.
    Also run thorn shield

13. Sirius

Sirius I need me some PIE!

Has it never bothered you that Orb of Protection weakens your own Mindslicer Boomerang? And Mindslicer drains Orb life fast? You'd think with 2 of them, the nonbo would bug you (I barely tolerate it for 1 Mindslicer).

14. kalasle

kalasle Forum Royalty

OP updated with currently posted lists, and consolidation of what I had previously posted.

Would love to see more factions -- anyone sitting on FS? I noticed that @Karmavore and @Xirone were running Wizards; do either of you think that those are competitive? @Ballballer want to share any SP stuff, or other FW lists?

15. Xirone

Xirone I need me some PIE!

upload_2016-8-2_23-36-15.png

Attached Files:

kalasle likes this.
  16. Boozha

Boozha I need me some PIE!

FS has no meta (and kind of nobody really good playing it atm ... Taylor, where are you?)

17. kalasle

kalasle Forum Royalty

Two things --

Anyone got an SL list, even prelim stuff? @BurnPyro ?

Also, IS players, what of Righteous D? @MikeLin brought it up, and said that it's falling out of favor -- Mark, you aren't running it, why is that? What's the rational?

18. BurnPyro

BurnPyro Forum Royalty

Taylor and TheRavager are playing atm

19. BurnPyro

BurnPyro Forum Royalty

Assuming at good at deckbuilding is a stretch, but this is what I'm running in goodstuff

upload_2016-8-4_10-21-28.png

haven't updated/played since the weekend though, so take that for what it is

kalasle likes this.
  20. Markoth

Markoth Lord Inquisitor

Its mainly the 40 Nora price tag for me. After the first attack most people just play around it. Impervious serves the same purpose but also prevents damage from melee, cones, etc. Impervious is 10 Nora cheaper in case it gets dispelled.

It can still be a devastating spell if your opponent crutches on ranged but most skilled players have a balance of units out and just shrug when RD is cast.

DrakeArron likes this.