Cactuar Crate: Planar Disturbances

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Sokolov, Jul 28, 2016.

1. themacca

themacca Master of Challenges

currently 2 voths have faithless and 2 don't so its kinda nehhhh.

However i entirely degree and it's kinda why im slightly annoyed at this expansion for FW because our exo was a UD rune that we can use if we realyl force ourselves to. Otherwise why bother

2. Sokolov

Sokolov The One True Cactuar Octopi

So I designed it specifically for Zombies with Vivify and Bind: Spells - both seemed like they'd be fairly useful in zombies. I eventually decided to split it with UD also since it makes sense lore wise.

If you have suggestions on what would make it fit better, I can consider tweaking it some.

3. potatonuts

potatonuts I need me some PIE!

Oh don't get me wrong, Vivify is great in zombies and i really like the champ overall but flavor wise he seems a little out of place as none of his abilities are quintessential FW stuff. I'm just a little apprehensive to suggest anything that might step on the toes of UD players. For example I'd rather have Hunter: Diseased than Hunter: Small but that would be useless to UD players.

The first thing I thought of was Damage Shield: Disease on base along with Faithless, this would give him an ability that would be useful to both factions without increasing cost or removing any upgrades. Though I'm aware that this combined with Arrow Eater might make him a bit too efficient so not sure if it's appropriate.

His upgrades are all pretty good which makes it hard to decide what could be removed.

• Vivify - Really useful in both UD and FW so I think this should definitely stay.
    • Warmonger - Has really great potential in FW and probably UD too so I would like to see this stay too.
    • Imposing Aura - Although the idea of a dude with Arrow Eater standing on the enemy giving everything careless does seem pretty great I think this is the one ability on U1 that would have the least impact if removed.
    • Hunter: Small - This is a pretty awesome ability giving +2/-2 against 90% of other champs, would like to see it stay.
    • Stun - Similarly to Imposing Aura i can see good value in using this and It's a nice option to have but wouldn't be the end of the world if it went either.
    • Regen- I'm not really sure this will see much use, Regen is a solid ability but due to the nature of this champ and the factions he belongs to I don't see it being used much.
    In regard to what could possibly be added instead;

• Zombie Apocalypse - The only 'functional' thing I don't like about this guy is that in zombies you will be sacrificing a swarm in order to get that stack of Bind: Spells and I think that is going to go in favor of the swarm almost every time. Having ZA as an option would prevent that conundrum and also make his fat ass immune to the auras/breaths he might find himself in on the frontlines.
    • Disease Aura - Coupled with Hunter: Small this would be really good but might be a bit tricky for UD players to constantly have to deal with.
    • Consume - Eat swarms for heals, works great in zombies but maybe useless in UD but would help keep him alive so the Bind: Spells stacks stay around longer.
    • Defiling Aura - I've personally really wanted some Defile in zombies for ages, they have no counters to cleanse spam and it wrecks their DoT damage. This guy would be a great candidate for the ability.
    I'm not sure if there is any possibility of abilities like Catalyst: Disease being created, I understand that may not be something you want for the game or could just be too much work for something like this but that would be a cool ability on him too.

Ideally I'd like to see;

Base
    Attack: Physical
    Arrow Eater
    Bind: Spells
    Damage Shield: Disease or Defiling Aura
    Faithless

U1
    Vivify
    Warmonger
    Disease Aura

U2
    Hunter: Small
    Zombie Apocaylpse
    Stun or Consume

I think really just slapping ZA or some kind of disease damage on there would do the trick. Try and steer clear of Rabid though as it's not that great on 'last hitters'.

I hope this has been helpful in some way and i want to reiterate that the champ is awesome but he is just struggling to make friends with the other zombies.

Last edited: Aug 2, 2016
  4. badgerale

badgerale Warchief of Wrath

It's just nice that UD gets a split rune that doesn't feel out of place in FF UD.

Fentum and SPiEkY like this.
  5. potatonuts

You forgotten about poor little Demonvein Vampyre already? Though that's why I'm trying to be careful with what i suggest.

6. DrakeArron

DrakeArron I need me some PIE!

I think hes refering specifically to an entire expansion of UD runes basicly only being usable if they're split with another faction (aka, Naria in Spirits Beyond)
    EDIT: I mean, I'm not biased to any faction, but I can clearly see why that would be taken as a slap in the face :p. UD players are just happy to have a little compensation

7. badgerale

badgerale Warchief of Wrath

Naria felt more KF, and stitched (though I love them) have always felt closer to FW for me.

Qucas and SPiEkY like this.
  8. DrakeArron

I think I know why-
    What do naria look like? Tree women. There are zero trees in UD. Hell, there are zero *plants* in ud. So, mechanics aside, that is why they're more kf.
    And stitched? Well, they're essentially glorified zombies. Albiet zombies put together eith every species and technology, but still, zombies. At least tosmeone who isn't thinking about how they stay together.
    And once again, as far as I know, the only zombies in UD are split with FW, with the large majorit FF fw.

What needs to be done if we want to create a true UD split race is do like we have with all the others- create a completely new race, that has zero relation to troops in either faction. Look at leoss- nothing like them existed in either faction before. I mean sure, there were cat like people in the lonx, but even they were human enough and frosty enough to differentiate. Same with tortuns.

(though tbh, valdaci sort of have this problem too. They're essentially just SL troops with cyporg parts XD)

9. potatonuts

You couldn't be more wrong. They're mutated humans and dwarves who work great in IS gameplay wise too.

Kampel likes this.
  10. OriginalG1

OriginalG1 I need me some PIE!

Ritual binding stops attacks and abilities of avatars but not movement.

11. potatonuts

I've been saying since they were released that they need more bleed type stuff. The Vampyre racial is practically for show in their current state.

12. DrakeArron

Well, I was more saying along the lines of aesthetic. I mean, as far as I know only one valdaci is a skeezic, and the rest pretty much look like mecha dragons (just look at how many are draksar).

13. DrakeArron

I would tend to agree.

14. ChiaoLung

ChiaoLung I need me some PIE!

It would be interesting to see different upgrade options for De'Lim and bleed bg's.

15. DrakeArron

TBH, from my point of view, Nariah would have worked out much better if they had made them fire-based trees instead of blood- based. Because, they're linked to De'lim, and the one thing De'lim and UD have in common is that they both have a lot of fire based stuff up their sleeves.

16. ChiaoLung

ChiaoLung I need me some PIE!

They'd have fallen flat in KF. KF doesn't have a fire theme. They just have some units that use fire. The De'Lim stuff is much better for KF, but a sandbag in UD. Which is why I'd rather see the De'Lim/Bleed upgrades.

17. Sirius

Sirius I need me some PIE!

I think that many of the Valdaci champs fit quite well in both factions. Likely because said factions have a big amount of overlap.

18. Cydna

Cydna Forum Royalty

Agreed. I've seen the Valdaci used evenly. In Construct BGs for IS, or Draksar/Skeezick for SL.

19. potatonuts

I'm surprised at how little i see them, especially in constructs. Been playing them a lot recently and it's been hard to decide what to run because there seems to be so many good options to support them with on either side.

20. Cydna

Cydna Forum Royalty

I run Shieldwarden, Bolters and Sentry in my Construct BG.