Split Theme Ideas

Discussion in 'Rune Ideas and Suggestions' started by potatonuts, Jul 30, 2016.

1. potatonuts

potatonuts I need me some PIE!

I really like split themes, they always seem to have some really interesting or unique gameplay mechanic and after playing lots of Arroyo and Valdaci lately I seem to keep coming up with new ideas for them so thought I'd put them down here.

Demonvein - UD/FW - Badass rushy melee vamps inspired by Demonvein Vampyre. I had the idea that they could be a very mobile theme with a 'berserker' type racial, something like gaining a stat boost or an ability like Berserker/Manic/Kill Sense when near bloodied/half hp enemies.

Deadwood - KF/FW - Big scary maneating trees, every fantasy world has an evil forest filled with evil trees. I'm just not really sure about a racial or anything but I like the idea of trees that eat people.

Mutants - UD/SL - More stuff in the vein of Pincushion and Slitherine but with and SL twist to provide support from mutant sympathizer types.

The Grand Zombie Republic - FW/IS - I like the idea of an army of zombies who were separated from the control of the relevant lich somehow. One of the earlier lore pieces is told in the first person of a human turning into a zombie and maintaining their awareness but being unable to control their actions. This made me think that these zombies might try and return to their old life in some way away from the judgement of the rest of the world.

Gameplay wise they would play like a mix of zombies and constructs with a range of champions inspired by the idea that they would put their recovered cognitive function to good use and modify their durable bodies in order to defend The Grand Zombie Republic.

Anybody else have any ideas like this?

aseryen likes this.
  2. Markoth

Markoth Lord Inquisitor

IS/KF angels. City in the sky and all that.

3. DrakeArron

DrakeArron I need me some PIE!

I think if there are going to be more split faction themes, they should a least fill out the other 8 splits without themes first. So, demonvein won't be around for a while because we already have stitched. I'd much rather have, say, a SP ST theme first (especially because we already have a whole split hero for that, who doesn't have anything else to go with him).

4. gamengamenut

gamengamenut I need me some PIE!

Firking love the deadwood....like....they could have all kinds of rotting wood,earth mechanics that can play around nourishing themselves of their corpses like leaving behind a rotwood relic or something i dunno

5. DrakeArron

DrakeArron I need me some PIE!

I think I'd rather not have two split factions be based around trees. Remember, split factions are a huge investment- we should be going for unique things first.

6. potatonuts

Drake they are just ideas, you don't need to take everything so seriously.

7. potatonuts

I wanted to try and get the whole maneating thing in there somehow, like Swallow Whole but that would be a pretty ridiculous racial. Maybe they could have an ability like Bloodspurt which drops pieces of rotting wood that can be picked up to heal your other Deadwood champs.

8. aseryen

aseryen I need me some PIE!

I'd be interested in some Valdaci Construct/Mutants. A monster could definitely have been made with Irresponsible Essence Imbibeme, that way superior tinkering and mutate skills can't get out of hand. a Valdaci/Mutant that can split like mogateam would also be pretty cool.

9. potatonuts

I would be interested in all sorts of Valdaci stuff.

What about a guy that could summon a construct dude for his sacrifice ability? Like as if his arms could detach and operate independently.
    Oh OH, what about a guy that could shoot rocket fists as his sacrifice ability?

Valdaci Sacrifice: Fist Rocket - This champion loses 5hp and shoots its Firking fist at target enemy champion at range 2-5 causing 10 physical damage. If the target is successfully damaged it becomes awestruck for two turns.

aseryen likes this.
  10. aseryen

Awestruck with that idea lol

11. aseryen

I want a hand as a summoned unit. Valdaci are the Adams Family

Tweek516 and potatonuts like this.
  12. potatonuts

Almost forgot about Hoarfrost. FW/ST skellingtons.

aseryen likes this.
  13. aseryen

Yes this I would love to split IS/Hoarfrost(ST)