Need Audiobook Recommendations

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by Baskitkase, Aug 11, 2016.

1. Baskitkase

Baskitkase Forum Royalty

Anyone got any? Traveling to Barbados and I'm going to have lots of freetime. I'd like to get an audio book but I'm not finding anything.

I like the Wheel of Time type stories, but not the Wheel of Time. The Drizzt books were some of my faves.

Trick is, to find something in audio.

2. Geressen

Geressen Forum Royalty

lern 2 reed? inner voice monologue/ reading voice is multiple choice.

as for books
    southern reach trilogy was really fun to read. start with annihilation. don't know if there is a good audio book version but there you go.

hope you find what you are looking for.

3. Markoth

Markoth Lord Inquisitor

Name of the Wind?

Baskitkase and Geressen like this.
  4. Geressen

Geressen Forum Royalty

Silent butt Deadly.

( this is a fart joke)

Last edited: Aug 11, 2016
  5. DrakeArron

DrakeArron I need me some PIE!

Well, this is the pox nora forums right? Stock up on war tactics books like The Art of War to help you win pox nora :p. (Thats the best suggestion I can give that wouldn't be something you'd likely read or heard before... assuming you do a lot of it).

6. Dagda

Dagda Forum Royalty

Baskitkase likes this.
  7. darklord48

darklord48 Forum Royalty

8. Baskitkase

Baskitkase Forum Royalty

This is rly rly good so far.

9. iPox

iPox Forum Royalty

Dune, narrated by George Guidall.

10. Markoth

Markoth Lord Inquisitor

It and it's sequel have some of the best writing I have encountered so far. I am convinced that they will be core reading in high schools in a decade or two. Only downside is that the 3rd book doesn't have a release date yet. The author thinks of them as his life work and he wants the final installment to be perfect before he releases it. He originally wrote the whole thing as a single book and the publisher made him split it into a trilogy because it was too long. He now has to rewrite them to have stand alone storyarchs within the overaching story.

That said I have gotten a ton of other great reading suggestions from Patrick Rothfuss's goodreads page. The man reads a ton and writes reviews for everything whether its a new sci-fi or fantasy or a 10 word kids book he read for his kids.

11. Burcho

Burcho I need me some PIE!

There is a mini book with one of the side characters (very special girl living mostly underground), I enjoyed it that too.

12. Markoth

Markoth Lord Inquisitor

He also has a second short story that is part of a short storry compilation with authors like George RR Martin and Brandon Sanderson.