Water front on Mirefolks

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Keku, Aug 19, 2016.

1. Keku

Keku The King of Potatoes

So its come to my atention both circadean songmaster as well as circadean enchantress lost the water front upgrade as well as other boghopper runes, this leaves essentially 2 runes which can run it and only one that can be run at 2.

I feel like this really gutted the deck's competitive viability, trail: water champs force you to cluster up and get owned by spell spam and water gen abilities which require AP are too easy to play against and are all around unreliable.

I haven't seen many threads on the nerf to this theme, can anyone chip in?

2. defypain

defypain The King of Potatoes

because they've been hatin on my mirefolks since the very start of the game

3. prymusedek

prymusedek I need me some PIE!

It's all good. I still play mirefolk it's a bit harder but still good imo. The weaken spells on songmaster is nice and helps with spell spam ;)

Lushiris and SPiEkY like this.
  4. potatonuts

potatonuts I need me some PIE!

They do seem a little low on sustainable sources.

5. Axeraiser

Axeraiser I need me some PIE!

Remove drown and fry from the game and no one will give a Bane Shift if every FS champ has water front

BurnPyro, Karmavore, Lushiris and 6 others like this.
  6. Compost

Compost I need me some PIE!

I hate it. Mirefolk are very vulnerable to bad draws now.. or to the one water front champ you put out dying. Champs like mirevixen are basically impossible to use now without back line water front.

The champs that have it feel like terrible choices. So I have to deploy an 80+ nora champ as my first deploy, possibly preventing me from deploying another the next turn to grab a side font. Also mirefol are now impossible without a minimum 3 of the most expensive legendaries in the game.

If drown was the problem, change the spell, don't gut the entire factions theme of water generation. Feels so much worse to play.

bambino likes this.
  7. phdstax

phdstax Active Member

Are you "really" being owned by spell spam?

8. Boozha

Boozha I need me some PIE!

Ok, delete fry. We need drown tho.

9. Keku

yeah drowning melee champs that engaged a water front champ felt so free, especially since it could be run at two, its a shame
    not really, but setting up the double weaken spells costs a lot of nora. I'm just trying to point out the glaring flaws of basing your bg around trail: water champs imo

10. Cydna

Cydna Forum Royalty

Played a couple games with Mirefolk and it's more annoying than anything. Mirefolk are still strong, you just have to use Relics/Equips for water now.

anima62, Ballballer, SPiEkY and 3 others like this.
  11. prymusedek

^this.

anima62 likes this.
  12. themacca

themacca Master of Challenges

*coughs* flood generator

13. Compost

Compost I need me some PIE!

tfw its the 30th rune to be revealed

14. Keku

having to devolve to running flood generator makes me kinda sad tbh... epecialyl with seism being a thing

15. themacca

Im An fw player who runs essence devourer/graveyard, unholy tomb and tome of hate and none of those 3 important relics have been hit by seism in the last month.
    Intelligent relic placement>seism

16. bambino

bambino I need me some PIE!

alot of named relics used are either to enhance oneself or harm your opponent,
    having to run flood generator simply to move around is much different.

defypain likes this.
  17. themacca

Drown, undertow, slipwater +1 speed

Oh noooooooo

18. potatonuts

potatonuts I need me some PIE!

So, you guys want to run a theme which gains benefits from water but you don't think it's fair that you have to run a relic which generates water?

anima62 and SPiEkY like this.
  19. bambino

bambino I need me some PIE!

as said above,,, if theres a problem with drown (idgf about drown) ,, then change that, ,,.dont gut the theme,,

what if u reveal relic late game?then what? and generator takes alot of time,,1 tile at a time... u just dont drop it and water everywhere. ..again, im not talkn about executing attacks, , I'm talking simply walking around without taking 2points of dam amd paying x2 ap just to reach my first font.
    a fish doesn't benefit from being in water anymore then u benefit from being on dry land.
    for instance. lets say water font champs produced "shallow water",, and drown can only be used in non "shallow water" say monsoon or something, , that would be fine,, im talking simply to move around,,.

Last edited: Aug 25, 2016
    defypain likes this.
  20. prymusedek

It's funny to hear people opinion who don't play aquatics xD still not every aquatics bg is good but Mirefolks are just OK right now they are not OP and they are not Weak. Just add more relics and spells that generates water. don't talk only about flood generator like is the only thing that produces water ;) there are plenty ways to do that.

Last edited: Aug 25, 2016
    anima62 and SPiEkY like this.