Discussion: Video Q&A May 1, 2015

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Senshu, May 1, 2015.

1. Senshu

Senshu Administrator Octopi

With the upcoming new game client we are looking into way to get new players into the game faster and building decks. We aren't quite ready to go into detail about these plans since they are still subject to change, but they will build upon the improvements that have already been made. As a note these initial changes may not be in the initial PC role out for the new client, but they are in the works.

badgerale and Lushiris like this.
  2. darklord48

darklord48 Forum Royalty

Sure, abandon your loyal PC players in favor of your new PS4 players. Just like working with my cable company. "You're not a new customer? Then you get to pay full price!"

I kid, please don't ban me. I've never had the chance to play with Salaam the Fell Rabbit yet.

3. BernieTime

BernieTime New Member

Thank you for your response. As a new player I'm glad to hear that changes are in the works to encourage new people to get a faster start.

4. Tweek516

Tweek516 I need me some PIE!

This is gonna sound bad, but be careful pox. While I love the changes, there is a risk of the f2p model becoming too good.

Maybe scaling up the rewards initially but have them give diminishing returns?

5. Senshu

Senshu grabs his hammer of 1k bans and then does nothing ;)

BernieTime likes this.
  6. Senshu

We understand this concern all too well. We have taken what we have learned from the NUX that came out with the Re-Release of Pox Nora on Steam and will make some more revisions.

One of the core features of the game is to edit decks and build upon them. Our planned revision will give new players the building blocks for them to get in and get into the core loop of the game of play a match, earn/buy rune, edit deck, play a match. Right now new players only have the option of Play a match, Play a match, Play a match, until they have enough to cobble together a deck that is probably worse than the Public decks they were using.

This will be an iterative process, but with 3k runes in the game it can be daunting to start out from scratch.

BernieTime and Tweek516 like this.