Water front on Mirefolks

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Keku, Aug 19, 2016.

1. Compost

Compost I need me some PIE!

Mirefolk crutch on 3 expensive legendaries, and are prone to basically auto losing if you don't draw those 3 early on. It just makes more sense to have water front on a supporty backline champ who you can rely on to stay alive, swamp things are front line tanks that are massive targets already. Songmaster was great, but she's neat with an extra ability, so how bout throw it back on someone else?

Chrono - whatever is almost never run because of cost, what if she lost some offenseive power and gained water front, then she'd have a reason to be run and would actually fill a role instead of being a super expensive jack of all trades? (which i like personally by whatever)

Merchant is never run, she's a cheapy support champ without many tools, she'd be a great candidate.

Mirevixen would be great too. Why she still has aquatic instead of semi is beyond me.

2. themacca

themacca Master of Challenges

then why are people complaining about there not being enough ways to generate water?

3. bambino

bambino I need me some PIE!

because other factions get to use relics to do cool stuff,,, using up slots on equip and relics just to be able to move around without hurting your own units isnt "cool stuff" .

4. prymusedek

prymusedek I need me some PIE!

Period pain maybe xD

SPiEkY likes this.
  5. bambino

hey ill use my relic slot on say,, UT, this way everyone will take dam and ill get that returned to me in nora..noice

hey ill use my relic slot on water gen,, this way I wont take dam and pay an extra ap just to move a tile. ...

big difference :)

defypain likes this.
  6. themacca

okay, i'll bite.

hey i'll use my relic slot on water gen. this way i can relocate an enemy anywhere i want within 5 spaces anywhere on the map, or gain AP from slipwater for any movement on the map or drown anywhere on the map. There are many more benefits to Water than just semi aquatic please stop acting like there isn't

SPiEkY likes this.
  7. bambino

ok so I have to use stuff ,, then pay more nora(lots) to do even more stuff..that most can do anyway in one form or another without devoting a bunch of slots to make water..

or I can place my relic sit back and collect. ..

your focusing on spells like drown (80noralol)
    the cost of a powerful champ,,trust me playing drown is not as great as it may seem.its not an auto for me,,..any fs player understands this..and most things u mention are optional in most other decks (sand, snow etc) if a draksar doesnt have sand. It's still ok..

any way again. im focusing on movement,,your describing mid game action....im talking early game,,, go try an move an aquatic (mirefolk) without a puddle first turn...if they were amphibious it would be different,,,
    so now everyones saying u have so many relics equips spells that can generate water,, then go onto mention another half dozen spells that can be used to attack...
    fs only allows 30 rune bg in case yall fergot.

8. Capitulator

Capitulator I need me some PIE!

Different people are talking about different things here. First up
    1. Mirefolk (actually Circadian BGs)
    2. BGs with Semi-Aquatic champs
    3. BGs with Aquatic champs

For example, bambino is talking about (3) while Keku and Compost are talking about (1) and prymusdek about both (1) and (2).

Semi-Aquatic is a minor nuisance but can easily be worked around by spells and relics so you get the spd benefit on the turns you need it (or all the time if you want to spend more nora). If water is too easy to come by then this would be overcosted -- so you can see why Sok removed a lot of water sources from Mirefolk.

Aquatic is a significant drawback. You have to be in water, not AoE 3 from water and the penalties (to movement) are much greater. Fixes to Grant:Flight help a little bit but removing water sources hurt full aquatics a lot.

Finally, arguments about spells with a water-based condition aren't really fair. Having water doesn't suddenly give you access to all these effects. Sok actually builds in a small discount to the runes for the extra conditions required. If you happen to have a lot of water out, you can get some efficiency benefit from this (it's called synergy).

prymusedek and bambino like this.
  9. bambino

10. SPiEkY

SPiEkY King of Jesters

The vast majority of mirefolk are pretty goddamn efficient, so complaining that you have to spend nora to take advantage of that efficiency is kind of absurd, since that's the entire point.

prymusedek likes this.
  11. prymusedek

People just need to adapt to current situation. I feel all of you and all of you have some good valid points. But there are some things I dislike with what you are saying. Themacca you need to understand that all the spells you have mentioned are good yes of course but still you need that water that extra Nora cost. It's not like doom and mobi that your faction have cuz imo they are much better. And bambino 30bg slots is more then enough. They are plenty of ways for producing water from spells and equips to abilities like tidal wave.

bambino and SPiEkY like this.
  12. darklord48

darklord48 Forum Royalty

Aquatic (-15 nora) seems an odd theme to build a BG around. It is a drawback that makes your champs cheaper and has a way to work around it, better than most other drawbacks. Complaining that there aren't enough ways to counter the drawback is like building a BG around helpless (-17 nora) and complaining that there aren't enough ways to counter the drawbacks.

SPiEkY and prymusedek like this.
  13. potatonuts

potatonuts I need me some PIE!

If there was a relic that removed Lumbering from zombies in an increasingly larger area I'd run the Bane Shift out of it, but I'd have to drop something useful to make room.

Making sacrifices for synergy is what playing themes is about.

SPiEkY, prymusedek and darklord48 like this.
  14. Boozha

Boozha I need me some PIE!

Anywhere on the map? Also, 4 spaces. You suck at arguments.

bambino likes this.
  15. bambino

I agree with what u say @prymusedek , I only made the 30bg reference, , cuz while other players load up on runes to make themselves stronger,, im loading up on runes simply to be able to walk..but id agree with u..im being a bit drastic because I have pulled only aquatic on 1st turn,, if yer font aint close (fw map) ,, pretty much done.

unlike helpless,, mirefolk was actually created to be a theme..

Last edited: Aug 25, 2016
  16. bambino

u can move anywhere on the map, as long as its within 5 spaces...

didnt catch that,,, yea thats lolz

17. prymusedek

"Do not, my friends, become addicted to water. It will take hold of you, and you will resent its absence" - immortan Joe

NevrGonaGivUup and potatonuts like this.
  18. themacca

You both suck at reading comprehension.

SPiEkY likes this.
  19. Boozha

Boozha I need me some PIE!

Shut up. Unless Flood Generator was changed to instantly cover the entire map with water and undertow was changed back to 5 spaces, just shut up. Thanks.

bambino likes this.
  20. prymusedek

It's 4 spaces undertow but u cloud say is 5 spaces cuz the champion stands on fifth space. If I'm not mistaken xd