Pox Nora Revamp - Preview 1

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by Gedden, Apr 15, 2014.

1. PoxZuo

PoxZuo Administrator Octopi

There were a couple questions about this. The ability choices will be different between the two sets. The picture below shows what his other set of abilities looks like.
    [​IMG]

And here is another champion example.
    [​IMG]
    Bonecrusher's ability choices:

Pulverize (1) cost 2 - Default ability
    Pulverize (2) cost 4

Siege cost 1 - Default ability
    Execute cost 4

Last edited: Apr 22, 2014
    Woffleet likes this.
  2. darklord48

darklord48 Forum Royalty

So Pulverize 2 is 2 nora more than Pulverize 1.

3. Zenity

Zenity Devotee of the Blood Owl

Does that mean the Inquisitor has two alternative abilities for each slot (a total of four alternatives) and the Bonecrusher has only one alternative for each slot (a total of two alternatives)? If so, that's interesting... Is the plan that rarer runes in general have more options?

4. only

only Active Member

so undead as random double race will still exist after revamp?

5. PRESIDENT

PRESIDENT Member

ETA on this?

This revamp look really impressive, It will be like a new game.

I'm ready to pay!

:D

6. Senshu

Senshu Administrator Octopi

No ETA, this will be a lengthy process, but we will post updates when there is more to announce.

Hang in there, we are as eager for players to get their hands on this as you are :D

7. PoxZuo

PoxZuo Administrator Octopi

Nah, rarity isn't a factor. The number of abilities in those sets will depend per unit.

8. only

only Active Member

should I be concerned about the fact that there is Boon of the Undeads and race: Undead, Zombie after revamp?

9. only

only Active Member

well, I'm being serious. the more info I get, the less happy I am.

10. GabrielQ

GabrielQ I need me some PIE!

Maybe you should consider making it a factor to avoid confusions in the future, it would be even better if common units get upgrades like pummel 1 -> pummel 2 rather than pummel -> deflect for example.
    In case of lower than needed rarity for specific runes, I would do rarity swaps.

11. Woffleet

Woffleet I need me some PIE!

12. JaceDragon

JaceDragon I need me some PIE!

I don't like that magnus couldn't have magic resist3 and ignorance

13. Markoth

Markoth Lord Inquisitor

While less of an issue with the current shard system I am a firm believer that rarity should never equal power.

14. GabrielQ

GabrielQ I need me some PIE!

More builds doesn't equal power, it equals splashability, a common may fill a single role, and a legendary many, but one at a time.

Goyo, Kampel and Zenity like this.
  15. bagoftrick

bagoftrick I need me some PIE!

is Boon Of The Dead remaining in its current form or has it been changed? Because if not that would mean that the bone crusher has 8 abilities in total when the aim was stated to be 7 maximum and its a common rune. more worrying is that if you put 6 abilities onto something plus Boon Of The Undead to make up the 7th you could end up with a rune actually having 10 abilities. It would also be a pretty common problem throughout FW if it is a frequently used ability and would mean that on average FW is likely to have more abilities than every other faction.

16. darklord48

darklord48 Forum Royalty

We all need to keep in mind, this is a preliminary showing, nothing says that is how Bonecrusher or Magnus will end up.

Goyo and Woffleet like this.
  17. bagoftrick

bagoftrick I need me some PIE!

this is true, however unlike magnus they gave the costs on the upgrades of the bonecrusher which would imply they consider him to be the finished product and their example of a finished product for us to view and get an idea of what we can expect with the coming changes, which thereby means boon of the undead is to be an ability in some form or another.

18. Faust

Faust Devotee of the Blood Owl

Are we getting Nora Cost fixes ? i mean base nora cost fixes ? some things have 2 gut stats for their cost ?

is there any recosting formula around ?

19. Mixtli

Mixtli The King of Potatoes

Just a cursory glance after a long absence. Looking very very good. I am excited to plug in and do whatever is necessary to make this revamp fun and exciting for all!

DarkJello likes this.
  20. super71

super71 I need me some PIE!

This looks cool at first but the way i understand it the re-vamp is to slim down on abilities but the re-vamp is allowing us to add those same abilities or different ones for more nora? End result =champs stil have 6-8 abilities unless i missed something.