Update on what the game looks like to me

Discussion in 'Tech Support' started by OriginalG1, Jul 19, 2016.

1. Senshu

Senshu Administrator Octopi

Oh, you did upgrade to Windows 10 around that time. That could be a likely cause and it isn't specific to Pox Nora. People who did the upgrade path and didn't do a fresh install have had issues with applications not working reliability and it differs from person to person. Hopefully moving to the new game client will remove the oddness that occurs with Windows 10. Have you installed the Win 10 anniversary update?

Etherielin and OriginalG1 like this.
  2. OriginalG1

OriginalG1 I need me some PIE!

I have updated everything to current updates, it was on my todo list from tec support via e-mail. I am eagerly waiting the new launch to see what possibility it will bring to my game play. Will contintue to work on this issue my self, Thank you Senshu!

3. Senshu

You are welcome, and if you happen across a solution please let us know so then we can potentially help others who might be having this problem.

OriginalG1 likes this.
  4. OriginalG1

Will do!

Senshu likes this.
  5. OriginalG1

I thought for sure my internet connection had something to do with game play however I am at my moms house visiting and I have the only device connected to the internet and the lag is almost worse.

so I am blaming it on windows 10

Last edited: Aug 12, 2016
  6. Senshu

That does seems like a likely cause. Hard to say what specifically with Windows 10 is causing this to happen. Did you make sure your video drivers were up to date?

7. OriginalG1

Yes sir.

8. Senshu

Hmm, part of the difficulty is with laptops in general because they have manufacturer specific drivers. It could very well be a conflict between one of those and Windows 10 which is having a unforeseen impact on other apps. Does your laptop have Acer specific utilities for updating your laptop? If there are you might want to make sure you have all the latest updates for those too.

OriginalG1 likes this.
  9. OriginalG1

Has the new client launched yet? It used to be kinda fun to try to play with lag, but it is getting really old. 5 second to teleport, 5-8 seconds to use a single target ability/spell or place an AoE correctly. 2-3 attempts to attack a unit, 2-5 attempts to attack a large unit. Movement lags (I move a champ and when they lock up they move random spaces backward so I can not attack or use an ability, then when end my turn the champion is moved back to it's original location. [happens on enemy champs or friendly, if it happens to an enemy champ I simply can not attack them at all because where the champion is visual displayed on my screen is not the correct location.]) Basically if there is a large map that I have to pan a lot on, or over 4 (friendly) champions are out on the field at one time I rarely can move/use a ability/attack with all four champs in one turn.

10. Senshu

No, the new client isn't available yet. It is still in active development, but we want to get a beta out to the players as soon as possible.

OriginalG1 likes this.
  11. OriginalG1

take you time with it, I want to see it working! I just seem to remember a rumbling about August and the new client, but I am probably thinking about the PlayStation release.

12. Senshu

We have been aiming to have a Beta out pretty soon, but we don't think it is quite ready for that at this point. Once we feel like it is at a good point to start rolling out to players we will slowly make it available. Since this is a completely new engine there are bound to be bugs, so we want to take this slowly.

OriginalG1 likes this.
  13. OriginalG1

I just tried to reinstall the current pox nora client onto my big computer (previously I was using my lap top)[Big computer, the computer I had built to do my architecture renderings] and I could not do but one command a turn. I went second on map and I was trying to deploy two champions. Spent the whole turn trying to deploy a two champion with no visual indication that I have deployed either, but at the end of my turn the game deployed both champions. Once again on my turn I attempted to move both champions but with no visual indication that they have moved. I attempted to end my turn early but could not end my turn either. At the end of my turn my champions moved to the corrector locations I had attempted to choose while the counter tocked to 0:00. Windows 10 was installed on the big computer as well. Learning how to revert back now.

14. OriginalG1

dose not look like I can re-install an older version of windows with out wiping my computer clean at this point. beat everything on the new client then.

15. Senshu

Hmm, what graphics card is in the computer you use for Architecture Rendering. Some cards can render complex objects or video content, but then can't handle the simplistic of games.

Do you have any software installed on both your Laptop and your Architecture computer that is for architecture? There could be some sort of software conflict. It is hard to say what specifically would be causing this to happen.

16. OriginalG1

I would be interested in testing the new client before lunch.

17. OriginalG1

I am trying out the steam version finally. It plays with a lot less lag then the client (not lag free but considerably less lag). The loading screens are still all white. Sometimes i get a java script error and can not launch pox from steam. The longer i play pox the worse the lag becomes though.

18. Etherielin

Etherielin The Floof Cultist

Any chance that your java isn't up to date?

19. OriginalG1

it forsure is

20. Senshu

It is good that it's preforming better than it was.