Rite of empathy potential change ?

Discussion in 'Forglar Swamp' started by Runegod, Aug 29, 2016.

1. Runegod

Runegod I need me some PIE!

Target forglar champion gains heal mass 3 and empathy.

Change: Changed it to only forglar because I can see a lot of potential abuse in split faction.

Nora cost remains the same

"The main attributes of Forglar Swamp is their manipulation of water, the strength of their healers and their ability to extract additional Nora from the land. If you enjoy small, mobile units and elemental based spell-casting, Forglar may be the faction for you."

This is the description for forglar swamp faction profile. Forglar swamps has probably the worst healing in comparison to all the other protectorate factions and supposedly all about healing.

Here are the rankings per faction for best healing to worst

Sp- My favorite faction
    savage tundra
    Ironfist
    k'thir

forglar swamp
    sl
    fw
    ud

A faction that prides itself on heals but has some of the worst healers in game.

Last edited: Aug 31, 2016
  2. darklord48

darklord48 Forum Royalty

What healers does SL have that you rank it so high?

3. themacca

themacca Master of Challenges

FS definitely has better healing than kf

4. Runegod

Rank it so high ? It's 5th out of 8 total factions, last I checked ud and fw don't have much healing. Dunes manticore, kanen cultist, ritual cultist, totem of the fallen, mutant doctor, probably missing a bunch. I do agree that forglar should probably be above sundered lands though, sl doesn't have a lot of support healers persay but many people seem to forget that they have over 100 champs with regen ranks.

Disagree entirely in the tree theme alone k'thir has 4 very good healers.

According to poxbase here's the rundown for fs vs. k'thir healing

Fs: 8 champions with heal champion
    k'thir: 8 chmpions with heal champion

Fs: 3 champons with heal mass
    k'thir: 6 champions with heal mass

fs: 2 heal charge champs
    k'thir: 2 heal charged champs

fs: 2 champs with empathy
    k'thir: 2 champs with empathy

k'thir: 1 champ with logistics heal champion
    fs: 0

Fs: 3 champions with cleanse
    k'thir: 8 champions with cleanse

K'thir: 2 champions with healing breath
    fs: 0

k'thir: 1 champ with lay hands
    forglar: 0

fs: 2 spontaneous regeneration champs
    k'thir: 0

Granted some of the list might be a little dated but for the most part it panned out.

k'thir had about double the amount of regen champs and triple the amount of plant regen champs. In the list i'm pretty much going by champ abilities and not so much spells, equips and relics. I also take into account the champs within theme and how runnable these champs are.

Tweek516 likes this.
  5. anima62

anima62 Guest

FS has great healing tbh. But i would love to see Rite of Empathy get a rework, not that i have any good ideas but its a rune ive wanted to run before with Enlightened champs or Command: Heal on Neophyte but then Empathy was changed to be a Regen thing which put a stop to that idea.

Id be totally ok with Sok changing this at some point if he ever had a good idea, because as it is right now, its kinda shoebox.

6. darklord48

darklord48 Forum Royalty

Being above FS was exactly what shocked me. Regeneration is good, definitely puts SL above FW and UD, but it isn't as good as the other 5 factions.

Runegod likes this.
  7. Runegod

Agreed :), thanks for pointing that out by the way.

8. Runegod

What do you think of the change listed above ?

9. anima62

anima62 Guest

I feel the same way really, its basically the same spell but it doesnt expire after 6 turns and refund the nora. When i compare it to other factions stuff like Mark of Redemption, Balancing Act and Ancient Implications it makes me a little sad. FS didnt need a random Heal Mass spell imo, we have enough healing sources. Id like it to be something entirely different and not Heal Mass and Empathy.

10. Skullferno

Skullferno I need me some PIE!

Possibly rework for Rite of Empathy could be

30 nora
    Target champion gains purify and an +1 max range for X amount of turns. If the champion is destroyed you are refunded 30 nora.

Tweek516 likes this.
  11. anima62

anima62 Guest

Something like this would be far more useful i feel. We should get people throwing some ideas out there for fun of it. Might inspire. Im going to think on it for abit and post back when i have some ideas.

12. Compost

Compost I need me some PIE!

It could give empathy, relieve, and sustain. Questionably useful but super flavorful!

13. Sokolov

Sokolov The One True Cactuar Octopi

Going with:
    Target champion gains <ability value=1052>Purified</ability> and +1 MAX RNG for 6 turns. If the unit is destroyed while this effect is active, you gain 30 nora. (Nora: 30)

Anima26 and Skullferno like this.
  14. Skullferno

Skullferno I need me some PIE!

Hmmmm

Looks like I did it again Mom. *walks away*

15. Capitulator

Capitulator I need me some PIE!

Oh, I run it for the refund sometimes. With Favor up (from Pool of Dreams) you cast it on a near-dead champ, use the mass heal, then sacrifice (Forced Reconstruction). Free (ok, 3AP) mass heal + 5 nora income.