MIght be time to upgrade the public decks

Discussion in 'Training Grounds and Game Guides' started by Karamasov, Aug 31, 2016.

1. Karamasov

Karamasov Lord of SL & Master of Challenges

With the PS4 release coming out and hopefully an influx of new players it might be time to get the public decks up to speed. Those that jump straight into PvP might start in the Training Grounds because of the premade decks and the more leveled playing field.

Just played a few games in the TG and it seems that with all the patches some of the synergy have gone out of the (some of) decks. A few examples. Lots of beasts in Dragon Storm. In Snow Pack Ferren Hideout is essentially a roadblock/contester since it only relocates Ferren now.

Think it will take away for new player experience. But if it's not a priority I guess there's a reason for that.

2. IronStylus

IronStylus I need me some PIE!

I think that players should make couple BGs and post them here and others might contribute and suggest changes. DoG don't have time to do this Im sure. Let's make our own decks and let Sok choose the best.
    The decks should not in any way be hard to play, should synergise quite well, be thematic, use typical Poxnora mechanics, not abuse any combo and be decently combined.

Karamasov likes this.
  3. Karamasov

Karamasov Lord of SL & Master of Challenges

Maybe we should have some guidelines to start out with. Seems like 2-3 exos max (some of the current decks might include more, I just looked at a few). No legs other than warbanners.

Also the decks shouldn't only include stables. It should have some of those runes that add flavor but you don't see in ranked. Power is not the goal, balance between the decks is.

4. darklord48

darklord48 Forum Royalty

I think the redesign depends on how they are going to alter the new user experience. If the NUX still has dailies like there are currently, I'd like to see one bg from each faction that has all of the classes available. That way new players can complete the dailies with the public bgs. Heroics on the other hand should be something that a player has to work up to.

5. IronStylus

IronStylus I need me some PIE!

Question: Do champions have to start with default ability lines in public decks?
    Do public decks nessesarily have to include warbanners? Making them some sort of privilege sounds like an option. I know they exist in every PvP match, but do new players need to have access to them from start? The public decks could be different than most of the decks by exactly not having the warbanner. Also, old Public decks don't have it (are the bgs THAT old that they were done before the banners?).
    Edit: Only Dawn of K'thir doesn't have warbanner. No idea why, but nobody probably cares anyways now.

Last edited: Aug 31, 2016
  6. Skybloom

Skybloom I need me some PIE!

If you're referring to the oldest public decks pre-DoG, the ones you got by completing the walkthrough campagins, then yes. Those decks did actually come with a banner in their deck lists. All of them.

7. Etherielin

Etherielin The Floof Cultist

Except for the KF one with Menalaus as its portrait.