Punishing Aura

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by IronStylus, Aug 31, 2016.

1. super71

super71 I need me some PIE!

Honestly I don't think it's a problem besides the mangled totem, like everyone else said it could be non-stacking also. Not really many changes I could think of right now that would make it still be playable other than the one I suggested, if it had to be changed.

non stacking seems like the way to go

2. Sokolov

Sokolov The One True Cactuar Octopi

Mostly that decks that function differently tend to be disliked. Or abilities that "combo" off each other.

That said, it does have a difference compared to other methods of killing stuff after you lock them down via Stun/FB, etc. It's passive - which is often, at the end of it, what people boil it down to.

I mean, if I have 2 Punishing Aura champs next to your's with a Force Barrier locking you down... I can probably just have killed the champ if the Punishing Auras were Barrages instead, but that costs AP.

3. Pattn199

Pattn199 I need me some PIE!

Better get to work then, no more forum time for you mister :p

The KF split is even worse @IronStylus locking your champs while they gain ap, or the Firking vines that give equips to hurt and tangle.
    Played against it a couple times and believe me, the rage makes you want to bomb pox's servers/headquarters is they had one

4. BurnPyro

BurnPyro Forum Royalty

Pretty much my thought (nerf fw?)

anyhow, I don't see how something could abuse this more than a top deck would do with a similar setup, but I'm ready to be proven wrong if anyone playing that deck would let me know so I could watch a game.

5. Gwyndionnz

Gwyndionnz I need me some PIE!

Nothing to add other than...
    OMG love @Pattn199 sig!!!

Pattn199 likes this.
  6. SPiEkY

SPiEkY King of Jesters

too big for my tastes, tbh

7. IronStylus

IronStylus I need me some PIE!

Time slip doesn't work on opposing champions fortunately, at least that's what the description says.
    Decks like this are disliked, because in addition to the trick/combo the opponent needs to play around, they need to care about other stuff they care in normal games. And they're not flavorful.

If you have 2 punishing aura champs and mine is locked in force barrier, what could I do to prevent his death? For barrages I could have deployed tough 3 or resistance physical champion earlier or distract your champs, cast righteous shield or accept 40 damage nuke and play around cooldowns. Punishing aura is constant LoL.

8. OriginalG1

OriginalG1 I need me some PIE!

you can invigorate enemy champs too.

9. IronStylus

And if the 2 champions had normal, ranged attack, I could have deployed a guy with immunity to this damage, cast whispers of the mind, blizzard cloak, bubble of protection, blind, whatever. I'm saying that there is just very little commonly used counterplay to this kind of tactic (i can think of unstoppable, berserker and relocate:ally, where the last one is just an escape and not a direct counter).

10. davre

davre The Benevolent Technofascist

I am curious about where the force barrier comes from. Most sources of punishing aura are FW SP and SL so an optimal PA deck would be 2 of those 3 factions (the only real PA deck I've seen was FW/SP) and none of those have access to it.

11. themacca

themacca Master of Challenges

I've played against this. All i can say is meh i won that game it really doesn't strike me as something needing attention. Would most people here saying it should be changed say it should be changed if they were asked if anything in the game should be changed.

12. darklord48

darklord48 Forum Royalty

You can leap, teleport, relocate out of the force barrier. You can cleanse stun, and cleanse or self damage to escape paralyze.

13. IronStylus

Would you only want a change when a single ability was so strong, that with a specific setup it would dominate top tier decks? It's already strong enough to encourage people to build around it.

14. BurnPyro

BurnPyro Forum Royalty

Unless it's just ungodly strong I see no point in changing it. It's a great ability, but it's very easy to play around UNLESS somehow there were champs that had tons of hardcc and punishing aura, which there currently aren't.

Like I said, I'd love to see that deck in action, cause I doubt that it would compete with top tier decks. It sounds like one of those decks that when you know how to play around it, it's fairly easy to beat with a great deck. The only way that deck dominates would be if all the punishing aura champs ALSO had the necessary force barriers etc. Then it would be a cluster**** of easy kills, but this is not the case to the best of my knowledge

SPiEkY likes this.
  15. Excalibur95

Excalibur95 I need me some PIE!

punishing aura is a much needed nohkan do counter and helps greatly to kill other real tough or almost unkillable enemy champions. do not nerf, its much needed, you can just use your ap up to counter it usually... and if you ***** about it killing your tough troops well stop fielding or making superchamps and its doing what it needs to and who cares about your weak troops that will die anyway.

serious is punishing aura gets nerfed i want nohkan nerfed outa the game tis time, and that still wont be evens since punishing aura is not just good vs that.

yes i use skeezick vanguards

16. Sokolov

Sokolov The One True Cactuar Octopi

The only adjustment I'd consider is the stacking one as I don't see any individual instance of the Aura being problematic in any way.

But as I said, it's not one I'd make lightly.

IMAGIRL likes this.
  17. themacca

Yes i would only like something changed if it is actually problematic to the game

18. Xirone

Xirone I need me some PIE!

Actually some of these don't work. If a champions is completely surrounded by the Force Barrier they can't leap out and I know Shadow Shift doesn't work either. I am pretty sure Teleport works, though.

19. themacca

that seems like a bug tbh.

20. IMAGIRL

IMAGIRL Forum Royalty

I'd rather it gain ranks instead of reducing it's current power. Let what you suggested be rank 1, and the current incarnation be rank 2. Spot effects gain rank 1, Champions gain rank 2.

Karamasov likes this.