Which Current KF Abilities Would You Like To See More Of?

Discussion in 'K'Thir Forest' started by Xirone, Aug 30, 2016.

?

Which Current KF Abilities Would You Like To See More Of?

Poll closed Sep 6, 2016.
  1. Abash

1 vote(s)
    5.0%
  2. Entangling Attack

13 vote(s)
    65.0%
  3. Farshot & Preparation

5 vote(s)
    25.0%
  4. Force Barrier

4 vote(s)
    20.0%
  5. Hit and Run

6 vote(s)
    30.0%
  6. Illusion Creating Abilities

1 vote(s)
    5.0%
  7. Resonance

3 vote(s)
    15.0%
  8. Soften

9 vote(s)
    45.0%
  9. Soothing Serenade

4 vote(s)
    20.0%
  10. Stun & Knockout

2 vote(s)
    10.0%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. Xirone

Xirone I need me some PIE!

I saw a poll in the ST forums like this recently and thought it was interesting. For this reason, I spent some time thinking of abilities that exemplify KF. I know the following selections aren't perfect but I only had ten slots to work with. Which of the following abilities would you like to see more of in KF? You can only choose three!

2. Etherielin

Etherielin The Floof Cultist

I voted for H'n'R, Farshot & Prep and Entangling Attack as I think these are the abilities that define KF the most. Also the Ranger and Archer themes within KF need more champs with these abilities to further reinforce them so it's a reasonable choice.

Xirone likes this.
  3. Xirone

Yeah, those do feel very good for KF. It will be interesting to see what others choose! I chose Force Barrier, Entangling Attack, and Soften. It was a tough choice, though.

Last edited: Aug 30, 2016
  4. Xirone

It is early but there is some strong support for Entangling Attack already!

5. Gorebucket

Gorebucket Forum Royalty

I'd kill to have Soften back in the tree theme.

Some Hunter Entangled would be nice too. Flavorful boost for trees and spiders.

6. Etherielin

Doesn't Willowind have soften and heal champ 3?

7. Gorebucket

Gorebucket Forum Royalty

Nope. She had it for a long time. Lost it during Revamp IV: Attack of the Calculator. I hate to spoil it, but Spikewood died at the end of that one.

ChiaoLung likes this.
  8. phdstax

phdstax Active Member

It seems appropriate the KF should have Forest Exploit: When an enemy champion is rooted, pacified, and "entangled," this champ gains 1 AP and has +2 DMG for the attack.

Oh please make it happen.

9. Xirone

@Gorebucket I really tried to think of a plant ability that we'd like to see more of but the only thing I could think of was Take Root. That didn't seem to fit as a vote for that would be an automatic vote for more plants.

10. Gorebucket

Gorebucket Forum Royalty

Right. Its a pretty situational ability. I mean, You don't exactly win games by not being able to move any of your units for extremely long periods of time...

I love Entangling Attack though, which is why playing it up with Hunter seemed cool.

11. Karamasov

Karamasov Lord of SL & Master of Challenges

Something to be happy about :)

Qucas, Gorebucket, Xirone and 2 others like this.
  12. Xirone

Not a lot of love for Illusions it seems. Who knew?

13. Etherielin

It was a theme that never really got developed. We have like...6? runes total that make illusions. Illusion theme as a whole just doesn't work.

14. ChiaoLung

ChiaoLung I need me some PIE!

Greeting abilities kinda killed the illusion stuff, especially once a lot of stuff was just proccing on real champs.

Qucas, Etherielin and Xirone like this.
  15. Gorebucket

Gorebucket Forum Royalty

Awesome =)

16. Gorebucket

Gorebucket Forum Royalty

One thought I've been having is that it would be nice to have a heavy distribution of Domain Vegetation and Camouflage on plants so that Forest Front and the multitude of runes that create vegetation could provide a consistent buff in a thematic way.

Etherielin and ChiaoLung like this.
  17. Xirone

Illusions could certainly use some work. For one, I wish it were easier to tell if a basic attack, targeting an Illusion, will be on the attack chain or if it won't take any AP at all. It seems like the deciding factor is deploy order?

Secondly, the bug with Illusions creating nora globes when they are auto-destroyed is super odd. For example, I played a game today where a Vashal Mirrorblade double attacked a champion near a Fire Ruby. All the Illusions that were created were destroyed as soon as they were created and dropped nora globes. Two attacks resulted in 4 free nora globes.

Lastly, some Illusions are created with really high SPD. Illusion: Archer is definitely one that I see sometime create an Illusion with 10+ SPD. Weird bug there.

18. dsjtheman

dsjtheman I need me some PIE!

Balance could have made the list if you ask me. It's not just an ability thats in KF but its kind of a trademark ability. My runner up would be Natures Blessing. High cooldown but very good. As far as I know its only on our Avatar.

19. Xirone

Yeah, that one would have fit as well. This poll isn't perfect but I tried!

dsjtheman likes this.
  20. ChiaoLung

ChiaoLung I need me some PIE!

I think this goes back to before the first revamp when speeds were typically 11-13 in KF. Elven Illusionist has been around a really long time.

Xirone and Etherielin like this.