Forsaken Wastes Themes 2016

Discussion in 'Forsaken Wastes' started by Nite2kill, Aug 28, 2016.

1. Nite2kill

Nite2kill I need me some PIE!

Since the last time this was undertaken there have been a lot of changes/additions to the faction so now its time to update the themes.
    I would like to thank XFurionsX for starting this project.
    Unfortunately PoxBase is no longer updated so I would like a picture of the build, if not possible for a picture then text, with the upgrades on the champions with a little commentary ( strengths, weakness, play style etc..)

2. themacca

themacca Master of Challenges

Super Vengeful Attrition

My Current Version of this deck[​IMG]

My personal best, most competitive and most beloved deck.

The Breakdown
    Generally majority of your champions are going to be 60 nora or less. Anything higher is going to need a good reason to justify its inclusion. FW's Amazing CD reduction Bonus makes it so you only need to run 1 of majority of your champs that are only there to stall and be cannon fodder such as broken bones.

Key Champions
    Serkan, The Lich Master: Pretty much your win con. Between Bone circle staff and vengeful the longer he's out on the field the more dangerous he is and the harder he will be to kill. Susceptible to spot removal which will reset your win con back to square 1 so suggested to play him extremely safely and keep him in DMZ as often as possible.

Xulos The Extremely Glorious Undead Sage. Pretty much fills the same role as Serkan, is an alternate option for a super champ wincon. Statue of Xulos provides him with permanent stat growth meaning him being killed or redeployed does not revert him back to square 1 unlike serkan. Also a good tempo buff with Dark Favor and a good chance to get a kill when you have no other option.

Essence Devourer/graveyard. Enables your win cons to stack up faster thanks to devour life though also puts you in the position to win without having to rely on your win condition. This thing is a pure monster with a ton of HP. massive threat range for double taps which will leave most victims on there death bed and can generally force opponents to evacuate fonts since horrific aura will leave him safe for a turn.

Broken Bones. Costs 30 nora have fun also splits providing multiple death Procs for serkan and xulos (and rotwrapper if you choose to use it)

Wandering Zombie. Costs under 60 nora. Decent damage 90 HP resistance physical 3. If your opponent doesn't have a way to easily be rid of these things just tell them to surrender they're not going to win.

Doom: Buys you time to get your foundation setup

Essence Drain: Easy kills on key units and possibly enables rush

Bone Circle staff: Gives you a fighting chance against swarms

Elsari Bazaar/tome of hate: Enables global damage and can be used to give +2 speed to key units such as serkan and xulos. or anything else if it will help at that point in time.

Skull of decay: Healing is very meta, making it only half as effective is obviously very useful as a result. Can also be used to screen important relics from seism such as tome of hate, graveyard, and unholy tomb.

The Flaws
    As much as it pains me to say, yes this BG does have weaknesses. It's a slow tempo BG and there is a possibility of you having a really bad opening game where your forced to play at turtle tempo and you just get steam rolled. Struggles MAJORLY against voils and anything with tariff, swarms can also be a problem if you don't get your bone circle staff early.

Good Inclusions you can do without but should consider anyway.
    Zombie Rotwrapper: Provides an additional 25 hp for the opponent to death with if something dies in it's range.
    Elsari Culler/Genesis Lich: Alternative Choices for the super champ
    Lich Magistrate: Generates real champions and can really allow you to snowball quickly
    Anthropomancer: Sit it back for a while let it build up charges and nuke an important enemy unit.
    Haunting spirit. It cant attack, it's slow yet sometimes it will just win games for you. But is also stupidly rare use it if you have it, don't stress if you don't

Additional Pros. Deck really does not cost much in rune value to play
    It's an alternative playstyle not many people know how to play against
    Occasional wins just cause the opponent is bored.

Cons. Unique playstyle you need to learn.
    Everyone WILL hate you for using it :(
    Winning takes half an hour at least fairly often and when you lose its normally in about 10 minutes. Makes ranking extremely stressful

Last edited: Aug 29, 2016
    flador, Joker, nepyonisdead and 2 others like this.
  3. travis

travis Devotee of the Blood Owl

whats #4 #7 #8 5th relic, and where can i get a bonecircle staff? @themacca

4. themacca

themacca Master of Challenges

Death Guard, Haunting Spirit, Polluted Martyr, Tome of hate and rune forge