A couple problem runes in sp

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by super71, Aug 30, 2016.

1. super71

super71 I need me some PIE!

Finally two good champs between lance admiral and euan

Lance admiral sciean

13 damage
    7 speed
    1-2 range
    1 defense
    56 health

Upgrade line 1- barrage ranks 1 and 2
    upgrade line 2- war cry battle harden 3

base abilities

bulwark: voil- 3 nora
    lift- 2 nora
    sonic flight- 6 nora
    unequippable- -5 nora

Euan

10 damage
    6 speed
    1 range
    3 defense
    58 health

upgrade line 1- surge enemy, battle leader, battlemaster 3
    upgrade line 2- block 2, carouse, prestige

base abilities

consecration
    euan's hammer
    vulnerability: electricity

So lance admiral has +3 damage, +1 speed, +1 range, war cry which is 10 nora and barrage which is 8 nora. At their cheapest euan would be 79 nora for a decent damage dealer with nothing else going for him. With sceian with his cheapest build he gives a global hp and damage buff has super high hp, high damage, and an ability to pull champs from fonts.

@Sokolov

How does sceian cost only a little more which such expensive abilities like barrage and warcry, has 7 speed and bulwark.

2. Sokolov

Sokolov The One True Cactuar Octopi

Ignoring the fact that I specifically requested non-Bulwark/Surge champions and everyone keeps mentioning those ones specifically... (while claiming that MOST Voil are overefficient)...

~

Euan's Abilities:

Attack: Physical: 2 nora
    Vuln: Electricity: -2 nora
    Euan's Hammer: 6 nora
    Consecration: 6 nora
    Surge: Enemy (U1): 10 nora
    Block 2 (U2): 9 nora

Total: 31 in abilities (Pays 52 nora for base stats)

Sceian's Abilities:

Attack: Physical: 2 nora
    Uneqiuppable: -5 nora
    Lift: 5 nora
    Sonic Flight: 4 nora (probably going to 6)
    Bulwark: 3 nora (being removed)
    Barrage 1 (U1): 8 nora
    Warcry (U2): 10 nora

Total: 27 nora in abilities (Pays 61 nora in base stats)

So 9 more nora for +3 DMG, -2 DEF, and +1 SPD... seems about right?

Now, you can argue that specific abilities on each are over/undercosted, but since champions are costed on a formula now, you are rarely ever going to be able to find a case where champions are outright miscosted as long as the abilities they have are costed properly (or they have specific combinatorial effects that are not accounted for via costs). So to make an actual argument, you are going to have do more than name two champions and actually identity what on the champions feel like a problem to you.

Tweek516 and darklord48 like this.
  3. super71

Wow I definitely would argue about costs after seeing all that, block 2 being 1 less nora than war cry ? Not gonna get into any of that, their is no point in trying to find anything similar because you will argue until the sun goes down that you can't compare the two. Your right voil are fine leave them as is.

Warcry being 1 more nora than block 2 is pretty messed up.

Also +1 range, +3 damage, and +1 speed is how much exactly ?

4. Sokolov

I don't understand why you say this stuff. You already know I am planning multiple nerfs to them.

I am just showing you how you can properly present balance arguments. Saying "everything is over efficient!" is not useful to anyone.

Tweek516, Anima26 and Gnomes like this.
  5. super71

I've presented multiple balance arguments hence the thread about sonic flight, they weren't touched and now here we are. Also they were being abused back when I made that thread also, hence the thread was made about them being to cheap and not really having a drawback for sonic flight.

6. Sokolov

I actually agreed with a lot of what you did with the Sonic Flight vs Fairy Flight comparison. However, I think the issue with Voils lie elsewhere - specifically, the power of their summons and the availability of Surge and Boost. Wings of Steel I am largely fine with now that it has already been nerfed to real champs only.

super71 likes this.
  7. super71

I think summons are largely part of the problem in a lot of themes right now zombies, voil, skeletons, spirits , etc. Sever summons used to be a nice counter to this and I think maybe more rite champions per faction might be nice to punish people for summons.

Surge on range is honestly my only problem with surge, surge on melee can be avoided and measures can be taken to protect your squishy champs.

You also said your already changing bulwark so I don't see an issue their anymore as I saw a 75 hp fae guard nullbeast the other day and laughed, also a 65 hp corgi ranger which was pretty annoying to deal with.

I'm sure your changes will be fine, I think everyone is just sick of voil and sp as a whole right now as they have been tearing it up for a while.

8. Sokolov

I think people have weird definitions of "tearing it up" and "for awhile."

It basically amounts to an endless stream of nerf calls to whatever people are playing. So Voil will be "fine" if ballballer stops playing them, or still broken and we don't care about balance if he keeps playing them.

9. davre

davre The Benevolent Technofascist

Ballballer is definitely a top player, but when you are literally looking at a 70+ ranked game win streak - including games against other top players- maybe there just might be a little bit more going on.

That little bit more also involves a half dozen bandwagoners playing identical voil decks and doing quite well for themselves.

10. Ballballer

Ballballer Chief Antagonist

My first 4 pages are all green. Gonna try and make it 5

11. serxic

serxic I need me some PIE!

For while are talking of SP, in others pages is talking "Brewmaster+ Fullplate armor combo" :cool:.

12. Etherielin

Etherielin The Floof Cultist

Magic beam, magic bomb, confusion, shatter and a billion other options. You're FW, you can just essence drain the drunkard.

13. alkaline89

alkaline89 The King of Potatoes

first her sumon got 7 speed and she got abash

VOILS
    second ok give me the name of one bad voil there arent one
    all voils are playable and most of them are op due to great syenergy

14. super71

If you look in ranked play you will see more than half of the people playing using sp or an sp split, seeing as how most people in the game care about w/l ratios they abuse what's easy to abuse.

Voil won't be fine when baller stops playing them lol they would still be broken, it has less to do with one person and more to do with overall more people are playing sp right now because it's so strong.

As I said in multiple other threads sp has flown under the radar for so long because their themes are generally pretty lame. Would you rather play dragons or flying bats, I know when I first started it would have been dragons.

Overall the sp faction bonus and cheap champs allows for sp to pretty much out deploy you for the whole game while putting pressure with spells and whatever else they need.

Sp has been broken for a very long time, just more people are playing it for free wins so it seems like just now they are becoming too strong. Not much has really changed in sp, a klub nerf or two and a swallow whole nerf or two. That only scratched the surface of what is overpowered in sp because it's for the most part remained untouched other than abuse bgs like lightning rod, swallow whole etc.

I mean we have been complaining about storm flyer for like 3 expansions now and I think he actually got cheaper.

15. Cinder405

Cinder405 I need me some PIE!

SP Voils gameplay in a nutshell.

The game of course always turns into turtle match where one is waiting for the other to engage and powerturn. So it was always something like this for my opponent.

1.Gather champions together
    2.Use Alacrity for AP gen(Sometimes Double)
    3.Pick a champion of choice to equip Vicious Harpoon
    4.Pull champ that opponent thinks is safe.
    5.Move in with Lance Admiral Sceian for more AP gen through Warcry
    6. Make sure Voil Queen gets last hit for swarm.

It's hard to play against this type of gameplay in general. I did try to rush the opponent early but I was simply attacked a couple times and Vertical Pushed.

I actually run Mystic Opposition now because of single target spells like VP and Hammer strike crap. So middle fingers up to those spells IF I can guess when they will cast and what champion will be affected. :D

Damn my chest feels a bit lighter..

16. super71

http://forums.poxnora.com/index.php?threads/so-about-sp.5135/#post-70652

From a while ago but we're still to this day talking about klub being strong and whispers being strong. Turned into an arguing match later in the thread but even back then a few people touched on some runes were still talking about to this day.

I had a better thread about this about a year later but can't seem to find it anywhere as I forget the title.

17. Cinder405

Aren't we talking about Voils in general and what makes them hard to play against?

18. super71

Yeah in that thread I mentioned scieab, burn mentioned storm flyer and something else, I was just simply stating that a lot of sp runes have been complained about for a very long time and still overlooked.

19. BurnPyro

BurnPyro Forum Royalty

All she needs to do is be within 5 spaces of the dying unit to get the summon, mate.

20. Cinder405

Oh I see. Good catch