this game is not advertised enought...

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Thailady, Sep 7, 2016.

1. Thailady

Thailady Well-Known Member

this game was NEVER advertised enought...
    ok, it will come out on ps4 soon... but please, ....10 years are past and maybe only 1 or 2 times i have hear about this pearl in my gamer careeer.

PLEASE WAKE UP

How is this possible???

WHY THEY HAVE NO CLUE ON MARKETING - PROMOTING THIS GAME ???

It is a fantastic game, my best one, and i have played thousands of hours, and spent many many money in it (i have 99% of runes in 2 copies...... just dont have the limited ones...selled them for buy other playable runes).

Milions of players play heartstone or x-com, just for name 2 "similar" (and IMHO more limited and less funny) games, and Poxnora only has 20-30 players online? HOW ????

Every time i log-in in steam i see games like COMBAT MONSTERS or CARD HUNTER, being raccomanded-promoted....... ARE U SERIOUS ??????

Poxnora in steam has ONLY like 400 reviews in total !!!!! (100 negative!!! )

For a comparasion, DUELYST (another new tactical turn based game), out on the market from 10 days (!!!!!!!!!!!!!!) has 1300 reviews!!!! (100 negative)... and in comparison to poxnora is a SHITTY GAME.

WHY WHY WHY WHY

NO ONE KNOWN THIS GAME. AND IS A SHAME.

SOE do errors in the past, but DESERT OWL GAMES , is not much better.... this game has (and ever had) ZERO love.....
    If u are the CEO of a game like this one, and treat it like a hobby, and not like a game who can make u rich,... well.... u do really all wrong. Sorry.

ps: excuse me for my bad english, but if u are smart enought i think u will understand aniway :)

newsbuff, Qucas, super71 and 4 others like this.
  2. Thailady

now is 90 minuts i'm in queue fro trying playing a TRAINING GAME for the daily quest ..... gg

3. Osidan

Osidan I need me some PIE!

I agree!

4. Thailady

Youtube.
    Make a 200.000+ youtube channel speak about this game, and u will get 10000 times more new players than promoting it in comicon-pax-gamecon ....
    make a BIG ONE 1 milion+ subs and u win lottery.....

u are not selling Bane Shift... u are selling a GOOD GAME, but who no one known.

C'mon, peoples are playing shitty games like slither.io , dark echo, pokemon go, clash royale, just because they are youtube meme....

i repeat.... go try DUELYST, a game very similar to poxnora..... out from 10 days and has 100000000 times the playerbase of poxnora...... and it suck.....
    And dont say "just because is new", because i'm sure EVERY turn based tactical game player, will love poxnora... if only known about it. LOL
    Years are past, and games like x-com, total war saga, heartstone, are come out... and gamers from all the world appreciate them. Why they not have to appreciate poxnora too?.

Marvel avengers alliance (MAA), is closing this month. Is a turn based facebook game, who is in the market from 4 years. The playerbase is high (200k-300k...) , but Disney not want investing anymore............. another example of game where the playerbase is mature (30+ years in average) and similar in playability (turn based combat game, where u use abilityes of heroes... complex and deep too), I just have make a post here, in the reddit: https://www.reddit.com/r/MAA/commen...but_different_to_maa/?st=issqr6g4&sh=4cd1994a
    But damn, POXNORA, SLEEP!!!

And i'm sure the ps4 launch will not move anything ... who's the teenager console owner who want play a complex tactical turn based game out from 10 years and with thousands of runes to buy-collect?
    The launch will give some visuality.... for a week...
    Can u imaging playing poxnora with a gamepad? LOOOL

IMHo the markets where poxnora will rock are those where the playerbase is mature, with some economical indipendence, and the mentality to playing turn based- chess-like, card-based games..... not action-platform games u can find in a console :)

19madfox95 likes this.
  5. Thailady

instead of ps4/vita launch, a Android-Ios-Winows mobile i think was 100000 times better for poxnora. (but not need it either.... just need to promote the game at the state it is now!!! )
    But i not understand this company marketing.... and i will never do :(

6. Osidan

One thing I like about Pox Nora is that numbers are higher than in your average card game. Magic, Hearthstone, Duelyst and others use numbers starting with 1,2,3,4 etc. This offers much less potential for variance than 10,15,20 and the numbers in between.

7. Etherielin

Etherielin The Floof Cultist

To be honest I'm simply advertising the game in all the circles I can - I managed to get 5 people from Battleforge's Discord and I know that at least 2 of them will stay. I promote it among friends, show them screenshots, tutor them about the basics, answer their questions etc. I even let my friends watch me play through Steam Broadcast if they're interested.

I'm also considering if it's worth mentioning PoxNora to TotalBiscuit so that he can go through it again. If not me, the Owls could contact him as he gives games some fair exposure. Another option could be NoxiousHS, whose channel I'm a moderator of - he did some nice promotion for Spellweaver when it launched, giving them a steady playerbase and the ability to launch tournaments on a monthly basis with some decent amount of cash in them (prizes ranging from $750 to $3000 which is fairly good for a small game).

I know you've got good intentions in your mind, @Thailady but it's better to act than to complain. Spread the word, bring the newcomers into the fold, teach them and help them get a good headstart - it's what @Xirone did for me when I was new to Pox 7 years ago and I'm grateful for that and reciprocate by repeating his kindness.

Actions are stronger than words. ^^'

@PhdNiceGuy You forgot to mention dragon fantasies as well. :p

Qucas, JellyBerry, Xirone and 2 others like this.
  8. Gnomes

Gnomes Forum Royalty

I think sok mentiond " we do not want to advertise because if we get all the people now , while its still buggy people will leave before giving it a good try" so first they want to get rid of bugs then advertise, not a bad idea. Im helping with youtube content ^_^

Lushiris and fogandsteel like this.
  9. 19madfox95

19madfox95 I need me some PIE!

We should really get some bigger YouTuber (no offence our content creators) to look into the game, NorthernLion is my personal favourite and tends to do really nice reviews. Big audience is what we lack.

10. Boozha

Boozha I need me some PIE!

I think it would fit Trumps card gaming community. Although many of them seem to be partial towards children's card games.

11. fogandsteel

fogandsteel I need me some PIE!

My two cents: This game is VERY OVERWHELMING. In a number of ways. First, 2,000+ runes. Just to read descriptions on them all will take you days. To understand how each rune works and interacts with other runes — years. Second, trying to get all those runes — you either have to spend a lot of dough or years grinding. Third, to maintain your gameplay at a competitive level, you have to make playing this game a part-time job. Basically, this game is very resource-intensive in terms of money and time.

Sure, a casual player can also play it, but he is going to lose vast majority of matches. And people like to win. So casual players are not going to stick around. At least, not at the level of the current popularity of the game.

To summarize, this game is way too complex for the average inhabitant of planet Earth. So the problem might be not in advertising or lack thereof but in the game itself. The way I see it, the only way a lot of people could be interested in spending a lot of resources to learn and play this game is to have tournaments with cash prizes, similar to what they have in MTG.

PS. Also allow selling and buying runes on the secondary market, like what happens in MTG (you already allow decondor to do it; why does he get a preferential treatment?). This way a lot of people will look at dropping money on buying boxes as an investment and not just as 'wasting money on entertainment'. I recently got interested in MTG, and I see that a lot of people are buying much more MTG boxes than they really need because they see it is an investment (some of them do not even play the game but still buy MTG products). Whether it's a good or bad investment for them is a separate subject, but it is definitely a good thing for the owners of MTG franchise.

12. fogandsteel

@PhdNiceGuy First of all, DOG should include on the front page of their website the artwork of Princess Ctharia and Harbies. And maybe Ayla the Huntress, if they feel adventurous.

13. fogandsteel

Could you clarify what you mean? I haven't played those other games.

14. Etherielin

Units and spells in Hearthstone and other games like that have stats within 0-10 numerical range base (without buffs) while pox uses 0-100 instead.

Also - got another person into the game, so make it 6 people.

fogandsteel likes this.
  15. eSmokefish

eSmokefish Devotee of the Blood Owl

Just gonna drive by to say that Yu-Gi-Oh blows those 'averages' straight out of the water. Not that I know anything about it beyond those ridiculously high numbers for the sake of huge numbers. And something about sepia eyes rainbow dragons I guess?

16. fogandsteel

Yeah, DOG will have to review all aspects of their free-to-play model. From what I see (I started playing the game at the end of 2014), making runes more accessible (forgeable Legs, introducing Heroic challenges for more gold and shards) did not lead to an increase in the player base. It actually decreased it. Dramatically. It seems counterintuitive, but people are, as a rule, more interested in the things that are hard to get, not those that are easily available. When there is no challenge in obtaining something, people lose interest quickly.

I would recommend that DOG would either make Legs unforgeable again or increase their forge shard value to something like 2500 shards, maybe more. And probably take other steps to make runes more hard to come by. I know it doesn't make sense, but that's how human psychology works.

17. fogandsteel

DOG can still turn this depreciation of runes around, I think. It's not too late. Because current player base is very low. So not too many new Leg runes were forged.

18. Osidan

Well in Magic, Hearthstone and Duelyst you have cards costing 1 mana, 2 mana, 3 mana and so on and they are pretty similar. So you get a 2 power, 2 toughness for 2 mana and then that's ramping up to, say, a 4 power, 4 toughness for 4 mana. They go up to 10 mana and increase gradually. But the stats are pretty linear. In Pox Nora, you have troops with 10 damage, 15 damage, 13 damage and so on, 50 health, 42 health (instead of 2 or 4) and that leads to a larger variety in stats because the numbers are higher compared to those other 3 mentioned games. Also, the mana cost is not as linear as most things cost a double digit number instead of that linear development of 1,2,3,4 etc. Ok, I hope that clears things up a little.

fogandsteel likes this.
  19. JellyBerry

JellyBerry Forum Royalty

In Pox, there are two things which are certain:

1. The average FS player can't even get the virtual terrain in a game wet.

2. Whilst the game could do arguably better with advertising, it being relatively unknown is the best thing it has going for it on it's current status.

I'm sure the PS4 release will do a lot on it's own but as long as there is no improvement the full potential that comes from advertising will not be there. The game has indeed come a long way since the steam re~release and Sok has mentioned several things that will hopefully make it for the PS4 launch (mainly the marketplace and training decks changes).

Also to keep any sort of trading environment LE runes should have been released continuously until now, so nothing can be done at this point other than starting a new cycle with new releases that aren't a one time thing only joint together with re~skins of the runes which are currently unavailable for the majority of the players, especially the new ones which are expected to come. Also the whole thing about runes not being trade~able even if they're free needs to stop, trust the community consensus regarding value and stop putting up walls which you think will eventually bring more revenue, it's a sad practice as well as it is frustrating.

Pattn199 and Etherielin like this.
  20. Etherielin