Current costing system

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by super71, Sep 10, 2016.

1. super71

super71 I need me some PIE!

So we all know the gedden revamp was pretty bad, mainly because we saw a couple extremely problematic runes like falconer, some trees. Has this system now been better though ? I keep seeing the same themes winning games and being very strong, and they all have similar things in common. Extremely efficient champs, and summon spam.

Zombies
    voil
    moga
    skellys
    spirits are even relatively cheap these days
    sl dragons
    skeezick- I know you will all say i'm crazy for that but truth is they are very very very strong, between the ap gen and power turning capabilities.

It seems to me we traded super overpowered runes that are very cheap for super powered theme runes that are very cheap. I think maybe we need to start looking at themes before we give them certain abilities, and the costing of certain abilities needs to be adjusted according to theme/ faction bonuses. Tough 2 is much more valuable in sl than it is in let's say fs. Obviously commander or battle master is much stronger in ud versus k'thir.

I understand people don't like the idea of nerfing runes because of their faction bonus and so on, mostly I agree but after the last few expansions I think we might need to start looking at what pox might be like with that in mind.

2. BurnPyro

BurnPyro Forum Royalty

It's generally efficient Bane Shift that boosts each other to be even more efficient.

Voil, leoss, zombies, skywings, etc etc everything that's good is good because it's creating way more value for your champ than you paid for

Anima26 and Etherielin like this.
  3. damnfoolishyeti

damnfoolishyeti I need me some PIE!

"wing Chung"

4. yobanchi

yobanchi I need me some PIE!

I'd almost like a system where runes where factors of 5 with no ability upgrades and just adjusted to fit into that category of rune cost.

Anima26 likes this.
  5. BurnPyro

BurnPyro Forum Royalty

opens up design space

but customization

6. yobanchi

yobanchi I need me some PIE!

True, although I think customization focus should be more on bg building then runes since there is sooo many of them now.

7. Anima26

Anima26 I need me some PIE!

Interesting idea. Alot of runes have 1 dimensional upgrades, and by that i mean you just auto include the same upgrades and rarely, if ever, use the other upgrade paths. On a number of runes its not even really possible to take half the upgrades because it bumps their nora costs up far too high.

8. Compost

Compost I need me some PIE!

I like upgrades though. It allows some runes to be useful in multiple themes/decks and gives more variety. Like Jellebrium overmind can take boost and jelly mind to be in a jelly deck, but it can take dispelling blows and confuse and be just as good in a psychic deck.

9. Anima26

Thats true. It does allow runes to be far more flexible.

10. Excalibur95

Excalibur95 I need me some PIE!

if you think skeez are so strong start playing with them and post your win rate. i know i beat you with them the other day and wondered if this thread would arrive. i dont think they are good at all, maybe if a bm played them.

and what do skeez summon?

efficient in what way, only drummer is cheap and he is Bane Shift, the rest i use are not undercosted, 70 for an average not great champ like valdachi tracker, 80+ for a decent one like blackguard... i know my skeez have hardly any non basic abilities, their basic attacks are usually physical, has no real utility, im forced to run runes with them that are not skeez to make up for what they lack and im still leaving a lot out.

ive seen people play long drawn out games with skeez and generally do better then even without summoning, waiting on cooldowns... id rather have quicker games and lose more often.

Last edited: Sep 11, 2016
  11. Excalibur95

"skeezick- I know you will all say i'm crazy for that but truth is they are very very very strong, between the ap gen and power turning capabilities."

you run fw with mobility right?, whats the problem, ap gain is between 1-2 ap.. benediction gives you a 1 turn small dmg boost - 3dmg, pretty much on par with something like commander which lasts longer..... but what about draksar with all fury, you not play them? or pick on ud's high dmg.

12. BurnPyro

BurnPyro Forum Royalty

It's like people haven't learned anything in the last year, let alone the last 4 years

Etherielin likes this.
  13. ChiaoLung

ChiaoLung I need me some PIE!

Skeezick are very strong. Have been for a long time. Also, if you think Drummer is bad look again. He's not a front line champ, but he was never meant to be. Also, look at the support spells for Skeezick. Then look at Skeezick Alliance as an ability. Don't judge each champ individually.

SPiEkY likes this.
  14. BurnPyro

BurnPyro Forum Royalty

They're good. Maybe not tier 1, but tier 2 for sure.

They're great late game, but their individual champs are indeed not good enough to compete with stronger themes

ChiaoLung likes this.
  15. Compost

Compost I need me some PIE!

Skeez are like a decent baseline, pretty balanced but seem bad when everyone else uses voil, zombies, dragons, or just FW and SP meta. I think most themes are balanced to weak, there's just like 4 or 5 that are out of line.

16. Anima26

This is where MW pipes up and campaigns for power creep.

darklord48 likes this.
  17. Excalibur95

run them then, but no u run much stronger sl champs.

18. Excalibur95

skill will only carry you so far... skeez theme just cant compete with much of the bg's out there in the wild atm.

19. BurnPyro

BurnPyro Forum Royalty

I was referring to your comment concerning rank having any correlation to the current leagues e.g. battlemaster

They're not THAT bad. Tier 2 is still plenty godly. It's just not voil or leoss tier.

20. super71

super71 I need me some PIE!

The thread has less to do with skeezicks and more to do with costing of champs in comparison to other champs. I used skeezicks because they are pretty cheap. As for I lost to it comment see below thread. Every theme in this game I've played for a period of time or another, skeezicks to me were actually relatively straightforward and simple to play. They only aren't tier 1 because things like shattered peaks, dragons, and fw are in a tier of their own right now. Also man I've never really played this game competitively, I have more fun using damage relic bgs and utter garbage. Their are too many variables, inconsistencies, bugs for me to take ranked seriously.

http://forums.poxnora.com/index.php?threads/anyone-playing-skeezick.21432/page-2

It gets real old explaining stuff like this, if your playing skeezick then you should know more of their strengths than I do.

Also not at any point did I say nerf skeezick, I just said they were strong and have good ap gen which they most certainly do.

Last edited: Sep 12, 2016