Magic The Gathering Pysical/Online Player Thread

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by Thonskie, Apr 11, 2014.

1. Authyrtyr

Authyrtyr The King of Potatoes

Yeah but if you thought LE K'ento was expensive... but I blame Legacy.
    And Counterbalance kind of breaks this card.

2. RedScarlet

RedScarlet I need me some PIE!

Attack: Pysical

3. Thonskie

Thonskie Member

nice card, too much control on this, It's like having unlimited ponder.

4. Emries

Emries Devotee of the Blood Owl

You think that's expensive... just look at my sets of Legacy lands T______T
    Karakas, Wasteland, Rishadan Port... it made me bid on a set of "uber Jitte" after buying 'em because it looked cheap in comparison XD

5. darklord48

darklord48 Forum Royalty

I'll have to see if my dual lands are worth anything. I know I have Bayou, Underground Sea, Taiga, and Tundra.

6. Intweener

Intweener I need me some PIE!

@Authyrtyr I played between 7th and ravnica. I got that divining top 4 times :3 they were only 60 cents back then , as no one had a clue how to play it. It's also a perfect card to add nearly any deck 4 times, as it fixes manascrew and any other bump in your deck when you know what your opponent plays, hence it's value.
    Even if it's countered there is no harm done. Also why would anyone counter a 1 mana card? And pulling a FoW out of the opponent with it in turn 1 when you play it? sounds like my lucky day :p

7. Gaverion

Gaverion I need me some PIE!

yes, especially the sea. you likely have a little under a grand with those.

8. darklord48

darklord48 Forum Royalty

Is Ebay the best option, or are there other places to sell them?

9. Gaverion

actually they are worth nothing you should just give them to me :p. Not sure where the best place to sell them is. Ebay might be it. Don't sell directly to a store unless you want to get rid of them fast.

10. Authyrtyr

You counter the top every time because if they're running top there's a good chance that they'll either unload an unstoppable combo at your face or start taking 45 minute turns. If you want to unload them, I'd recommend either eBay or TCGPlayer.

11. darklord48

darklord48 Forum Royalty

Want to unload them, not really, but I really could use the money. I've got Dual Lands and some of the Legendary Lands that @Emries mentioned.

12. Emries

Emries Devotee of the Blood Owl

TCGPlayer is generally the best option imo :p

13. Authyrtyr

Yeah, like all of those are worth a fairly substantial amount of money.

14. Gaverion

if you have cards that old you might even have some mox or even black lotus (or numerous other expensive cards)

15. darklord48

darklord48 Forum Royalty

Nope, nothing from Alpha/Beta/Unlimited. Just Revised through 7th.

16. AmmonReros

AmmonReros I need me some PIE!

@darklord48 : if you live in europe I would highly recommend www.magickartenmarkt.eu . If you are not, still check it out.
    and check every single card you have if you never want to play the "pysical" game anymore. Especially if you have older cards every one of them may be worth it. Also of course make a list for yourself listing all of them so you can see which cards are worth more and which are less.
    I can not recommend Ebay at all.

17. darklord48

darklord48 Forum Royalty

I see what you did there.

I have a friend in Munich that I would trust to handle the sale if I can't do it from the US. Thanks for the info, I'll check it out. I looked at a few of my cards and I have around $1000 if they're considered low grade, which most should be higher.

18. Andralexis

Andralexis I need me some PIE!

Kids these days with their fancy card frames and their color identities... back in my day we played Magic the way Garfield meant it to be, betting our convolutedly written cards...

EDIT:

@Authyrtyr: I don't recall seeing people bringing outer stuff to any official tournament back in Odyssey-Onslaught. I think Ring of Ma'Ruf established pretty quickly what was going to be considered as "out of the game" cards : sideboard and "removed from the game" were pretty much the only zones where cards could be retrieved with Wishes (hence the "wishboard" nickname back then in Judgment) until they created the Exiled zone, which had the side-effect of slashing the Wish cycle's prices by a considerable amount.

- - - - -

@darklord48: try selling your cards via eBay. Check specially for Legacy staples among your collection, there are quite a few that are pretty valuable. If you're willing to invest some time, you can even get a few bucks for the basic lands of the oldest sets (not sure about Revised specifically, but Alpha/Beta lands are always nice finds in my area).

- - - - -
    @Everyone : I am a retired L2 Judge with some expertise in pre-modern cards, if you guys have any questions about rules and old stuff I'll be happy to help.

Last edited: Apr 25, 2014
    Alfodur likes this.
  19. Alfodur

Alfodur The King of Potatoes

Greetings! I was playing MTG till 2003-4 i think. Now i am still close to this awesome game, because i altering cards for cubes and commanders. Actualy my own avatar is a MTG "Necromancy" card altered as Scorpius from Farscape.
    If you are curious i can post some latest works here.
    Best Regards!

20. Authyrtyr

@Andralexis Specifically referring not to Onslaught but to Rise of the Eldrazi. I don't know if it happened in large tournaments but I've heard of it happening at FNMs