What do your Jellebrium bgs and upgrades look like?

Discussion in 'Forglar Swamp' started by Compost, Sep 8, 2016.

1. Compost

Compost I need me some PIE!

Jellies have been my favorite theme since I started playing again recently, and after the last expansion they somehow went from trash tier to viable, so I figured it'd be a good time to ask what your guys's look like. Post your bg, sharing upgrades or general strategy would be great too! Here's mine

*edit
    man how the hell do you post pictures? Here's an imgur link because Idk how to do it here
    http://imgur.com/a/jOnuv
    [​IMG]

I like that every jelly is runnable (besides forglar lol), the ones I use only 1x of are still really good, just seem a bit more situational. Mediator seems like an obvious 1x, he sort of just fills a singular purpose and is never deployed otherwise. Darkweaver is also really good but if I'm deploying a range it's almost always going to be coral creeper or overmind instead.

I know most people probably run 2x overmind but in my experience 1 is enough, I never want to have 2 out at once, so as long as you protect your one it's fine. I can understand why you would go with 2 though, I just don't know what I'd give up instead. Maybe a mender.

Upgrade wise corals have commander, darkweaver has shroud and tele thrust, extra pissers have hunter and seeker, lighters have multi and burn, mediator is stall and detection, mender is jelly mind and defender, devious pink is aura 3 and catalyst, overmind is boost and jelly mind, skycallers I'm still mixed on, 1 has resist physical and one has absorb. It seems like the wrong one is always out. Oh and jolt 2.

From what I've spectated it seems most people go with illuminate on lightbringers, but I like the extra damage in a theme with nothing above 10 damage. He's a great duelist but taking burn actually lets him kill his oponent. Also it seems most people take weaken spells on mender, which I might do, but the jelly racial relic already does this, and I don't wanna take jelly mind off to many.

Anyway, thoughts and suggestions?

2. Sokolov

Sokolov The One True Cactuar Octopi

3. Compost

Oh, how did you get it like that though?

4. Leadrz

Leadrz I need me some PIE!

you open your link, right click the photo you uploaded and click copy image address. Then you goto forums and click the little photo symbol when writing and post and copy it in.
    ends up something like this. ( if you are on a mac, use control or command or alt, then click the image. i cannot remember the actual key)
    [​IMG]

To answer your question
    Coral Creeper 1x Transfer life. 1x Commander
    Dark Weaver Shroud and Sands of time
    Extispicer Soul Seeker and Jellebrium mind
    Light Brinder Burn 1 and Multi Attack
    Mediator Stall and Detection
    Mender Weaken Spells and Defender (but you could mix it up if you run 2)
    Mind Bender Psychic Aura and Catalyst: Psychic
    Overmind Jellebrium Mind and Boost (but can be ran almost anyway, it'd depend on what you want, i use boost to promote a more build up style that Jellebrium passive suggests)
    SkyCaller Jolt 1 and Resistance: Physical , but Nora Barrier or absorb are both viable)

I suggest only running 1 chill shard and maybe a reckless command.
    Happy to suggest anything further, let me know if you have questions.

5. Compost

Ahhhh there it is thanks for the pic posting info lol.

You know I was thinking about reckless command, once you're healing for 8 you know it's gonna do at least 16 damage which is cool. I don't really find myself using many damage spells though, storm and reverberating are rarely even used for the damage.

You do jelly mind on extispicer? I give it up on him and coral creeper because he's so cheap with hunter and is a better fighter, but having it gives him tele which is cool. Do you even need soulseeker when you have tele? I guess he can move incredible distances with both right.

Another thing I might change is to run 2 overminds and give one dispelling blows and confuse. Dispelling blows is so useful I find myself wishing I had it every single game..

6. Leadrz

i run two, overminds for that reason.

i believe my reasoning with extispicer was the heal and to help proc the jellebrium passive on the enemy runes. the teleport was just icing, if he is deployed later in the game where are you really mobile he can move around quickly getting to the front lines easily.
    you might want to consider 1 or two damaging spells just to finish off key targets. However if you go along that line i recommend looking at poison trap for nifty tricks during the game allowing your champions to catch champions out.

7. GemmaXylia

GemmaXylia Forum Royalty

jelly mind is all about cooldown locking your opponent.. If you aren't running 2x darkweaver with sands of time you are doing it wrong! (imo)

Psychic blast is a great cheap nuke you can cycle with overminds. You should run 1x noraweave aswell

Last edited: Sep 8, 2016
    Leadrz likes this.
  8. Compost

I'll probably switch him to sands of time, but as for adding those other things I'm not sure what I'd give up for it lol.

9. Hekau718

Hekau718 I need me some PIE!

This is my battlegroup.
    I'm not using Skycallers at all. Only real reason is lack of room. He was the most expensive melee jelly , and honestly I don't miss him that much at all.
    I think 2x Darkweavers are autoinclude for the Sands of Time. As said before, your goal is to CD lock the enemy. ( Note that auras also proc the ability. Dot's do not.)
    I run Jellebrium Mind on everything but Coral Creepers. Drudgery + Blockade on Mediator. Used to run Detection on him, but Reckless command does it pretty well.
    One spell stands out, and that's Cleansing Mist. I recommend it to anyone running Overminds. It's my only source of cleanse and it's working well. Use it in the same situations you'd use Backfire, and you might save a Jelly or two, You get to spam it many times throughout the game.
    Jellybums.png

Leadrz likes this.
  10. Compost

I spam the hell out if cleansing mist, it's only 20 nora and at the very least it heals 8 hp in a huge aoe. It's luck if you block spells but it's great against obvious champ cc and denies end of turn effect kills.

My issue with the whole CD locking the opponent theme is just how inconsistent it is. If your opponent already has something out that's hard to deal with, putting more runes on CD doesn't help you deal with what's already out. It's not like any jellies require a hard counter that you screw them over by locking up. I get that that's like the whole theme behind the racial, and it's cool, I just don't like relying on it so much.

I can see how Skycallers can be redundant, but I love em. Only 7 speed, only aoe attack in the theme, he hits the hardest and has although damage. Also he can be pretty tanks against physical damage. His 7 speed let's him tele-basic attack with one turns ap, and an alternate dot helps to. He's worth it to me.

How broken is mindshredder that he's in every FS deck lol.

Out of curiosity how come you don't use erode? That seemsounds to be one of FS best spells, so useful now a days when everyone is throwing multiple relics in the middle of fights.

11. Hekau718

Hekau718 I need me some PIE!

I usually do. I had it instead of the Pygmy hippo stampede. I'd kill for an extra rune slot, lol.
    I'm considering dropping 2 Marsh songs for a Noraweave and Erode. But I just really like spamming them with the new jellies.

12. doubtofbuddha

doubtofbuddha I need me some PIE!

Marsh Song spam is pretty damn fun. It gets ridiculous very fast.

13. Anima26

Anima26 I need me some PIE!

Few questions regarding some runes.

Coralwood Lagoon worth a slot over a P Trap or Temple?

Upgrades on the goldfish? Multi attack and Call to Arms has synergy. Was wondering if the dot is better overall. Illuminate is good for high defense decks like Dorfs and Draksar etc. Not sure what the best choice is for this dude.

Jelly Skycaller. Resistance, Absorb or Nora Shield? He even worth a slot? Hes only 7 spd Jelly so theres that but expensive and with Extispicer, Pink and Goldfish i got enough melee i think. Found myself reluctant to deploy Skycaller unless i drew him on first turn or the board was flooded with physical chumps. If he was a bit cheaper id like him a lot more.

Last edited: Sep 24, 2016
  14. Leadrz

I'll be honest I use coral wood lagoon for spell resistance but man. Getting rid of a poison trap is a hard thing for me to do XD.

And sky caller seems to cost too much for me with 80 Nora or so. And people seem to run tonnes of alt damage now.

15. Anima26

I dropped 1 Skycaller so far and i may well drop the second if the new mid term turns out to be a new Jelly. I was wondering if Nora Shield would be better because youd be reducing his cost but idk, might be too easy to stall it out. I just dont see the appeal with the Jelly relic when Mender has Weaken Spells already. Id rather run a P Trap/Temple/Cannon for more immediate impact. (I love that Temple has Premonition aswell, so handy at right times)

16. 4NIK8

4NIK8 I need me some PIE!

Spell resistance + weaken spells = almost immune to spell dmg...

17. Anima26

Meh. Weaken Spells is enough of a deterrent i feel. Maybe i am wrong. Also i do not know which triggers first, the % reduction or the weaken spells effect.