Lol, was this intentional?

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by Sarashu, Apr 21, 2014.

1. Sarashu

Sarashu The King of Potatoes

2. JazzMan1221

JazzMan1221 Better-Known Member

Firstly: what is with all these random LoL references in people's posts/threads all of a sudden? It's been happening more and more lately, and it's honestly quite annoying when people try and use examples from LoL in Poxnora, as they are two completely different games with completely different purposes.

Secondly: Gobbo Spellkaiser looks nothing like Ryze.

JaceDragon and Geressen like this.
  3. Paper Skull

Paper Skull I need me some PIE!

I see what you did thar.

4. RedDain

RedDain I need me some PIE!

There are aspects of LoL that are clearly derivative of PoxNora. Goblin Spellkaiser predates Ryze. Both are purple wizards that carry scrolls. I'd say sue for infringement!

5. BurnPyro

BurnPyro Forum Royalty

Holy Bane Shift they both carry a scroll on their back.

And god, there are like 60 characters in league with a sword and even more in Pox!! Wow. League has clearly been copying characters from Pox. Was this intentional?

Human stupidity is amazing.

6. Shimaru

Shimaru Devotee of the Blood Owl

Oh, my God! Pox Nora stole the super original concept of a purple wizard! Someone call the police!

7. RedDain

RedDain I need me some PIE!

Spellkaiser predates Ryze, I think.

8. Dagda

Dagda Forum Royalty

ryze doesn't have a staff. deffo original

edit what we should really look at is garen v garin, THEY BOTH SPIN AND HIDE IN BUSHES

????????

Xinde and JazzMan1221 like this.
  9. Apostate

Apostate I need me some PIE!

I agree with @JazzMan1221; I fail to see any substantial congruities between Pox Nora and League of Legends. I understand that a large number of the playerbase plays both but it's getting slightly tiresome.

10. Sokolov

Sokolov The One True Cactuar Octopi

Ryze doesn't relocate enemies and himself.

Also, Goblin Spellkaiser is one of the coolest names ever, amirite?

darkpally5 likes this.
  11. Boozha

Boozha I need me some PIE!

How'd you come up with it? Kaiser is German for emperor, after all, and would never be used that way :p

12. Sokolov

I was using it more loosely as "master" or "king."

And I thought it was something a Goblin might name himself if he felt he was super important.

"Wizard? Don't insult me! I am a SPELLKAISER!"

13. RedScarlet

RedScarlet I need me some PIE!

brotha from anotha brothel

14. JaceDragon

JaceDragon I need me some PIE!

ALL HAIL THE SPELLKAISER!

HAIL

HAIL

HAIL

15. darklord48

darklord48 Forum Royalty

I thought it was homage to KaiserSoze

16. Sarashu

Sarashu The King of Potatoes

Wow, thar be some needlessly grumpy-ass people here, remind me to never post anything fun, ever. Not sure what chip on your shoulder makes you deny the reasonable coincidence of purple skin plus a giant scroll... and compare it to 'carrying a sword'? Eh alright, I'll let you go back to wallow in your bitterness, sorry to have disturbed you.

Inb4 lock

17. darklord48

darklord48 Forum Royalty

I don't remember the last time I saw a thread locked, unless it was due to hate speech.

18. Kimiz

Kimiz Active Member

Totally legit threads get renamed and relocated to Off-Topic though... <.<

19. Sokolov

This made us laugh when we realized. Garin was named before he was given the spin move though :)

20. Ragic

Ragic I need me some PIE!

I can find a sword in every single fantasy based game ever made.... ever. Huge scrolls that you have to sling across your back? Not so much. The fact that they made him purple as well almost suggests an attempt at referencing the other art as a sort of homage, rather than plagarism. Think of it more like the Harrison Jones card in Hearthstone. I don't think Harrison Ford plans on sueing anytime soon.