Counter to Soul Corruption and Sabotage Defile

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by concealedweapon, Sep 15, 2016.

1. themacca

themacca Master of Challenges

Well my account % is likely because i started this account when i was only 12.

But if you check my history i win a pretty large majority of my ranked matches soooooo what you're implying is kinda wrong

2. Compost

Compost I need me some PIE!

Star catalog is a game changing equip? I don't think anyone in my games has ever intentionally spent nora on a spell to shatter star catalog.. a game changing equip that needs shattering is bloodthirsty blade or demon shield. Things that force you to play around. "Wow he has +1 speed and frost aura, if I don't draw my counter guess I'm screwed"

3. Lushiris

Lushiris I need me some PIE!

My point about Tinder Box is that both equips do the same thing(basically), but Tinder Box is 5 nora cheaper.

4. NiGhtMaRiK

NiGhtMaRiK I need me some PIE!

Can someone point me to whom uses this spell so I can watch their game?

I've always found Soul Corruption to be a useless waste of nora.
    The means to defile to ensure and keep the unit usually keep it from being healed or aided.
    Thats important because during the countdown, people usually just throw that unit at you with reckless abandon.
    That usually forces you to kill the unit, so you just wasted that investment.
    If you don't kill it and you take control of it, its not severely injured and prime pickings for your opponent.
    Again, you received nothing from the investment.

Most people just cleansing emerald, storm, cleanse, purify, or iron will it though.
    I had rarely got a chance to use the target before the numerous cleanse options laughed at my hopeful thievery.
    Ironwill is pretty prevalent and easy to access these days aswell.

I honestly don't see the cause for concern. I still happily overlook Soul Corruption and have given up on trying to make it worthwhile.

So i'm hoping to see this maestro who has made it useful, im interested to see how this is competitive in todays game.

5. Etherielin

Etherielin The Floof Cultist

Just watch horrible, he runs that.

6. kalasle

kalasle Forum Royalty

Doesn't work.

7. NiGhtMaRiK

Why not? Doesn't it cleanse champs your own?
    Soul Corrupt is cleansable right?

8. kalasle

kalasle Forum Royalty

It only cleanses friendly champs. A possessed champion is an enemy champion.

NiGhtMaRiK likes this.
  9. narvoxx

narvoxx I need me some PIE!

wow this is one of the most ******** posts I've read in a while

most of these equips are not an issue if you don't have shatter, and at the end you have to hyperbole sokolov's statement so hard that you say almost the opposite of what he said

10. Compost

Compost I need me some PIE!

Oh yea I agree with you, I didn't see your
    Half those counters don't even work. things like cleansing aura, cleansing emerald, and the FS spell cleansing mist only work on friendly champs, possessed champ is no longer friendly once possesed.

Yea, sure it's a waste if you cast it on someone while they have a champ with the cleanse ability out. Then it's totally useless.

But half the factions have no cleansing spell options, and many more themes have no cleanse champs at all. In this case it's stupidly op. A spell that's either retardedly op or totally useless entirely depending on what theme your opponent happens to be playing is not good design..

11. profhulk

profhulk Forum Royalty

Since FS does not have appropriate redeploy spells like Divinity's Touch to counter Soul Corruption I try to run one forced reconstruction. Better to own your own mishapen boghopper summon then lose a champ to Soul Corruption which is virtually uncounterable and remains unnerfed.

12. kalasle

kalasle Forum Royalty

It's weird how Doom was considered shoebox when it came out, but it has gradually been accepted as a near-staple rune for FW for solving problems, then Soul Corruption was considered Doom's ugly cousin, and now people are starting to think it's good as well.

aseryen and Netherzen like this.
  13. themacca

I think the obvious solution to soul corruption is to change most cleanse options to owned units

14. SPiEkY

SPiEkY King of Jesters

Sounds to me like people are just terrible at judging runes.

aseryen and KingJad like this.
  15. NiGhtMaRiK

Haven't had a chance to watch horrible play yet.

I dunno, I've never had a problem against the rune and haven't had success with it. So I find it odd, there are plenty of counters.

IS: Its a joke to play Soul Corruption, they have far too many counters
    SL: Dragon God Staff, Purge, Legion Standard, Purging flame, Judgement
    UD: Bane Shift, Banish, *Exile*, Sacrifice, *Masochism*, *Retribution*, (Does Purefire Dispel it? I suppose not. The wording always trips me up), Purging Flame, Cleansing Flame, Journey to Oblivion, *Relieve*
    FS: *Forced Reconstruction*. Cecealia, Circadian Song,Gekaal There are numerous champs with Cleanse, but honestly I know NOTHING of FS and its seems their spells and relics/equips are all friendly cleanses. They may have the worst match up vs this spell.
    SP: Tempest Crown, Voil Imperialist, *Vertical Push*, Ghern Taskmaster, Ghern Tyrant, There are other units with Cleanse but 4 units giving Global Iron Will I think is more than enough
    ST: Ancient Implications, *Blinding Reflection* (who knows if this ever acts as worded, Cleansing storm, Retreat, ample Cleanse is available aswell. Im sure theres more I'm missing.
    KF: Warcaller Fiorn, Nymph, Elder Garu, Healing Breath, Herbal Antidote,Cleansing Flame, also has the second largest pool of champs with Cleanse next to IS
    FW: Cleansing Flame, *Repurpose*, *Throw Bones*, Tempest Crown, Soul Reaver, *Sacrificial Altar*, DMZ/Desecrated Zone, Play it back, don't really think the offender requires much exploration but they have quite the spot counters or safe zones

I didn't include Spell Counters like Cancel Magic, Snow Blind, Back Fire, Ancients Implications, Balancing Force, Dark Pact, etc... I suppose those don't really count.

Nearly every faction has a spot cleanse to counter or a global Iron Will in Bastion or Prestige

I dunno, forgive me. I suppose with so many people complaining about it and maybe top tier its more an issue somehow.
    I just recall a time where people just said git gud and play a counter.
    There are some runes in some of my decks I really don't care to play, but I throw them in because of a widespread popular mechanic I need to work around.

With a spell that is delayed quite awhile before its useful and 6 of the 8 factions having Global Iron Will, I really don't see the issue with saving that rune slot for the simplest work around and deading 1-2 runes in your opponents deck.
    Im sure its annoying for UD since most its spot counters are sacrifical 'benefits'. However, They have a few cleanse options that work quite well and may be worth running. Retreating a Corrupted unit the turn before it betrays you and rushing a Stoker out seems fine to me. Demon Lich is a great rune anyway. Banish may need a come back! lol
    ST with the Purified and Retreat seem like great runes to throw in the deck anyway. Blinding and Cleansing may be less useful overall but are still viable counters.

Just struggling to see how the rune is problematic

16. themacca

the main issue is the combination with sabotage defile. however any smart player wont deploy one of there strong champions following a sabotage unit deploy.

17. kalasle

kalasle Forum Royalty

Won't work. Only Dispels enemies.

18. jeeperz2

jeeperz2 I need me some PIE!

^

19. kalasle

kalasle Forum Royalty

I disagree -- I ran Doom when it came out, and argued that it was a viable spell at the time; FW certainly can't perform an infinite stall in the current environment.

20. kalasle

kalasle Forum Royalty

It was a Meat staple, because Meat was streamlined and designed to do nothing but stall. Doom gave a viable out against a couple different kinds of champs that would otherwise stomp through the deck.