Lonx bg İdeas

Discussion in 'Savage Tundra' started by dugadu8, Sep 19, 2016.

1. dugadu8

dugadu8 The King of Potatoes

2. Tweek516

Tweek516 I need me some PIE!

Some strange choices. Look at kalasles meta check for some lonx bgs made by top players.

3. Orubus

Orubus Devotee of the Blood Owl

Where is his bg?

4. Tweek516

In Kalasle's thread named meta check. Search for it in general discussion.

5. JellyBerry

JellyBerry Forum Royalty

6. vipoid

vipoid I need me some PIE!

Is Azaran worth running in Lonx?

7. Orubus

Orubus Devotee of the Blood Owl

I like him, but he can be a Nora sink. Protective is nice, I tend to keep him out of my Lonx bg though, I use the other hero for mass swarm. Azaren is a great first turn deploy.

8. Braxzee

Braxzee I need me some PIE!

on paper it looks really strong, but it just falls short with clones, spell slams, possession, and spell resistance.

9. Tweek516

His bg or lonx generally?

10. Braxzee

the Meta BG, Actually Lonx in general on paper looks to be OP, but they are just missing something now since the provision stuff was added. The lonx need to go back to being a trap heavy BG again with their speed back. I do not know how that would balance out now

11. Pedeguerra

Pedeguerra I need me some PIE!

I'm not quite sure I understand what you mean here, because lonx were never really a "trap heavy BG", nor I think their speed is low (heck, there is a Lonx with Improve: Speed even).

JellyBerry and Tweek516 like this.
  12. Gaaplk

Gaaplk New Member

Well, 'member when ST had 'Ready' when occupying snow or ice? Lonx were fast then.. But for this BG, I'd rather run two Chieftains than recruiters, Chieftains have the improve speed these days. (It was super nasty to run 2x chieftains when they had improve defense, then you could have the 2x throatrends be practically invincible.) Also, I always run 2x J Maidens for the cleanse. I would run 2x J Maidens in a UD BG if I could. But I am a fan of running two howlers, but I would trade a throatrend for a hammerfall lonx because hammerfall is oh so versatile. To save on nora I have my howlers with the ability that gives them multi attack when they are equipped, and I also run wish for cheap gear. Though I totally miss the days where wish gave your champ all the upgrades. I just never took it out of my bg. lol

13. Braxzee

Perhaps I am not remembering their glory days right. I thought they were faster and the arctic bonus on top of that with some having ready as well (Throat rend 9 spd and striker at 8 spd with fairly easy bonus) . I thought Gnark could lay down ice traps as well. They are missing something and I think provision X with equips could be changed out for something else

14. Braxzee

Then they had aid defense, aggressive with a lot of rend, chill effects as well. Lonx hunter equaled death to clones

15. Pedeguerra

Yeah sorry but if you run non lonx in the bg, then you are not a true lonx player.

Well, but you cant really use that as an argument, because almost every unit in ST had that. So in that regard, yeah it was faster on turn 1, but Improve: Speed was a great adition and I feel it's way, way better than just having Ready for turn 1.
    Gnark could lay Ice Traps, yes. Has that changed? Hope not.

I could give you a baziliion ideas on how to make Lonx tier 1, but since I havent played I cant really claim they already arent.

JellyBerry likes this.
  16. JellyBerry

JellyBerry Forum Royalty

They're still a fast deck through AP generation, speed and relocation abilities, yet they can stall and aim for quick switches in the late game. There are also several ways to play them.

Chieftain could probably afford to be re designed since it no longer does what it was known for, nor seems generally appealing in comparison to other ranged units. Camaraderie is good long term but it isn't as game changing as it used to be given general champion cost. I like Pull on him but that's about it. Pretty sure the midterm patch will take Surge: Lonx off of the Adept so maybe it will even the ground somewhat in regards to choices for ranged units.

You can always run improve speed on your hunt leaders, though I generally just run it on one because it will only shine through stalemates, there are simply better ways to acquire AP when you need it. I reported aggressive since it wasn't working but I have no idea if it has been fixed, nevertheless, things like Lonx Bone Charm made champions like Throatrend Lonx a very worthy include once again (let us also remember it has Zeal: Speed).

Hammerfall Lonx is a Nora sink more than anything else. You have to keep it alive in order to fully reap the benefits and even then it isn't as versatile as any other champion would be. Have never fancied this champion since it's release. Lonx Ice Lord tanks, has idiotic stats and crowd control for nearly the same cost (even though I'm not a fan of Ice Lord in Lonx decks either).

Most people don't know how to maximize their potential or overall play them, they're fairly simple as you may recall them but kills are not as obvious as they would be with other themes. At least that's the impression I got from watching people play them some time ago. Bare in mind though that recently one guy said Lonx were the worst theme in the Savage Tundra, and that is really far from the truth. If anything I'd say it's the theme that best represents the surprise factor you are keen on these days, and they do it really well.

Also the only non thematic rune you should ever run in any theme deck is most likely Crystal Phoenix. The rest you'll have access to in one way or another.

Tweek516 likes this.
  17. Braxzee

I feel the same way about these guys as well, however for some reason they are just not holding up. On paper they look unstoppable and easy to play. You can even get the Ice amp going if you wanted to or clone little beasts, they are pretty versatile.

No Ice traps :( for gnark

Last edited: Oct 18, 2016
  18. Pedeguerra

Well thats a shame.

19. themacca

themacca Master of Challenges

Not an entire lonx BG but you guys could try this. it's not great but it's fun