can fw lose some of it's insta kill options

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by super71, Sep 22, 2016.

1. super71

super71 I need me some PIE!

Didn't even take the time nor do i care too decipher more of your nonsense man. Thanks for taking all that time though to type up some more negative nonsense per usual.

2. JellyBerry

JellyBerry Forum Royalty

Never change, pookie.

XoXo

3. Cinder405

Cinder405 I need me some PIE!

Please close @IMAGIRL

This is getting no where again.

Etherielin likes this.
  4. BurnPyro

BurnPyro Forum Royalty

Pox in a nutshell

5. Pedeguerra

Pedeguerra I need me some PIE!

I always hated Shadowshank.
    Like, always hated. It w

6. themacca

themacca Master of Challenges

not gonna lie shadowshank creates some hardcore salt if you get something with him. but that isnt ever gonna happen if your opponent has any kind of detection. anything at all that might reveal him then bang u probs just wasted 76 nora or need to invest another 60 in order to get him the kill asap.

Does he piss people off? Yes
    Is he some mindless guaranteed kill? no

Also @super71 for reference here's a list of spells that will almost always lead to a kill. 1 per faction for simplicity's sake

Savage Tundra: Swap
    Ironfist Stronghold: Hammerstrike
    K'thir Forest: Grimlics Bane
    Underdepths: Mindslicer Boomerang
    Forsaken Wastes: Essence Drain
    Forglar Swamp: Pygmy Hippo Stampede
    Shattered Peals: Electrostatic.... something
    Sundered Lands: Quickening

Note this isn't close to all of them. nor are spells the only ways these factions have ways to do things like these. Almost the entire point of spells is that you're paying nora for an instant result that champions cannot provide, thats why there are so many spells that lead to kills that is the entire point of spells. Some of them have further utilities for example hammer strike might also just be disabling a champ for a turn in order to cap a font. but that 1 turn disable can also keep the unit there long enough for u to just kill it across those 2 turns you have where he's stuck where he is.

Pattn199 likes this.
  7. Cydna

Cydna Forum Royalty

Buff IS

8. Braxzee

Braxzee I need me some PIE!

The spells you listed for ST, FS, SL, IS have a lot of variables after the spell goes off. I have defensed pygmy spell pretty easily (Blockade or terrain) versus defending Essence Drain. Quickening they still use up a lot of nora and AP. Overall I think it is the combo of FW having easy ways to have spell defense (In some cases for free) and the insta kills with it. If it were either or it would not be so bad.

9. Pattn199

Pattn199 I need me some PIE!

YEAH!!!
    Listen to this guy, he knows what he's talking about

JellyBerry likes this.
  10. narvoxx

narvoxx I need me some PIE!

don't forget about onus of kiergana!

11. themacca

in what way does essence drain not also cost a lot of nora and AP? if it doesnt cost u any AP then you're wasting it.

The variables of swap are entirely decided by the player. IS is just a stun doesnt work if its on an unstoppable unit, great dont cast it on unstoppable. same goes for stampede and blockade units. every spell has a certain set of variables in which it is more or less effective and essence drain is no different

12. MEATMAN

MEATMAN Forum Royalty

I would of said mandate of sheoul for ud.

13. SPiEkY

SPiEkY King of Jesters

Ret innit

14. MEATMAN

MEATMAN Forum Royalty

IS is op

Anima26 and iiiioooque like this.
  15. iiiioooque

iiiioooque The King of Potatoes

Well this just shows how ready you are to defend your pov...
    Leaving all of the readers with the idea that maybe your reasons are not as well based as they appear to be... Consequently being interpreted as....

Rage?

16. super71

super71 I need me some PIE!

Alt?

17. Pattn199

Pattn199 I need me some PIE!

F4

18. Sokolov

Sokolov The One True Cactuar Octopi

I pulled this data from 2010 for another thread, but here are the top non-champion runes in data I have from 2010:

42 Mobilization
    30 Essence Drain (mentioned)
    30 Mason's Spire
    23 Soulreave (mentioned)
    22 Elsarin Vex
    20 Sacrificial Dagger
    18 Domination (not mentioned, but relevant)
    18 Graveyard
    18 Unholy Tomb
    17 Xulos (Champion, but he has Death Pact so I will include it here)
    16 Decay
    16 Tome of Hate
    15 Hungry Dead
    12 Festering Wounds
    10 Cursed Blade

It certainly doesn't look like FW was running less of this class of rune back then.

It's also funny, when FW was running Double Mobi stuff with Sac Daggers and champion-based decks, people hated it, and when FW is running Tomb/Tome/Chopping Blocks, people hate the slow death, when FW runs kill runes, people hate the quick death, when FW runs the delayed death (Doom/Corrupted Soul), people hate that too.

It's almost like no matter what FW does, fast/slow, instant-kill or slow bits of damage, people want to hate on it :)

People want faction flavor, but always hate when anything plays a little differently.

19. themacca

Lol sacrificial dagger being meta

20. Aquifn

Aquifn Member

Maybe people just hate feeling like they have no real interaction in being destroyed. DMZ everywhere, can't do anything. Slow death, only specialized decks can do anything. Soulreave, negates the vast majority of counterplay defensive options(wasn't an issue before it became more wide-spread), having to decide between positioning so that you can actually do things or so that you can't be murdered with mobi.

I, personally, usually just feel like instantly surrendering against FW. I bet if you asked ten people, eleven would tell you they hate playing against FW. Its not fun. The issue could simply be the design of the faction. You can have plenty of flavor without making it so unbearably un-fun to play them. FW players have every right to have fun. But more then any other faction, since always, they do so at the expense of those they play against.

Except Voil. Firk the Voil.

super71, bambino and SPiEkY like this.