Anyone play draksar?

Discussion in 'Sundered Lands' started by ormen, Aug 7, 2016.

1. Raxar

Raxar I need me some PIE!

do you run consulate for the alt damage?

2. davre

davre The Benevolent Technofascist

Partially, she is just one of the best draksars overall IMO. Spellswallower is one of my favourite abilities in general because it shows hidden spells which are often game winning if they aren't caught (and can be big nora sinks if you figure them out and play around them) and lets her get buff even if she's not doing a lot of attacking. But what you are really running he for is grant: draconic force. Even after the nerf, grant: draconic force is such a huge damage boost she is easily worth it. In the mid-late game any time you have a ranged unit that can attack twice, DF can easily add 12-20 damage that turn. Then you add flight (really important on maps like ironfist pass), versatile range, and violent and she often adds up to be an MVP. Definitely worth a slot.

Anima26 likes this.
  3. darklord48

darklord48 Forum Royalty

Draconic force is why I run taint in all my dragon and skeezick bgs.

ormen likes this.
  4. SPiEkY

SPiEkY King of Jesters

Taint is super underrated. It gives Regen 3, Drak Force, Violent, and race: Draksar all for 25 nora. But, it only gives all that to non-draksars, draks just get like regen 3 or some crap

darklord48 likes this.
  5. DrakeArron

DrakeArron I need me some PIE!

It's like they thought, 'let's make a spell that allows racial synergy between draksars and other races... but thats not enough for the 25 nora minimum to spend on a spell, so we'll add this, and this, and this...' :p (not that it's a horrible design descision, just kind of funny that the spell isn't being used for what it's supposed to be used for, theoretically anyway).

6. ormen

ormen The King of Potatoes

I like to taint the beast lords for regen 3 and easy battle leader procs

7. ormen

Seems like a baller battle support

8. lifetaker

lifetaker Devotee of the Blood Owl

APcontrol.PNG
    Capture.PNG
    i haven't had the chance to update any of these bgs, but they have both won a lot of games. Especially the Ap control bg.

9. Anima26

Anima26 I need me some PIE!

If youre running Akakios, aswell as Guarded: Draksar, you also want Priests of Fury for Revere:Akakios.

This is my most recent Draksar deck.
    Untitled.png

I dont know if i like only having 1 temple guard, he likes to sit at bottom of the deck.
    Average rune cost is actually 57 but split runes are bugged it seems.

Last edited: Sep 20, 2016
  10. ormen

sdfsdfsdfsfsdfs.png
    centurions as front line but you can switch for d lords
    mega value from 2 fonts with broodgaurdians since they are draksar its 9 hp for bulwark and 3 for surge with 1 summon
    broodqueens hook up that invig alt damage and decent physical
    consulate stacks damage insanely fast as well as the draconic force benefit
    1 sermon
    1 backlash
    obvious raged surge
    valdac is my cleanse and damage buff
    wyrmpriest give good alt damage and rite of power on broodgaurdian summons is cool
    just lots of alt damage and damage stacking
    not incredibly competitive but its fun

11. tesla pasta

tesla pasta Member

What upgrades are y'all running on Blackscale Centurion and on your Beastlords? Also, is Basilisk Templar worth running anymore?

12. themacca

themacca Master of Challenges

Battle master 3 regeneration 3
    Ferocious bite and battle leader
    Hellz naw

13. OriginalG1

OriginalG1 I need me some PIE!

upload_2016-10-14_3-45-3.png
    I do not play sl but have acquired some draksar over time. Just trying out a bunch of runes. need to get channel violence in here, will probably drop an equipment. on the fence about taint vs rage band in here. i like the cheep champs, 5 speed is not that bad because sl is meaty.

14. themacca

themacca Master of Challenges

Taint and rage band are both very good. Serpentor armor and quarry mark both suck

OriginalG1 likes this.
  15. tesla pasta

tesla pasta Member

I like to run bolters with provision:speed, and run Blade of Akakiakos and Rage Band. Rage Band turns a bolter into a 8 sp range 5 champ with mobility and scaling damage- very nasty. Also the new legendary valdaci is really good. we still have the problem of not being able to fight on 2 fronts since our champs are so synergy driven.

16. Anima26

Anima26 I need me some PIE!

Pursuer can be an annoying 1v1 with Sunder and Leap.

OriginalG1 likes this.
  17. darklord48

darklord48 Forum Royalty

Blackscale Centurion is good 1v1, as is Draksar Beastlord.

18. tesla pasta

tesla pasta Member

Blackscale can 1v1 okay, but it's kinda a waste of battlemaster and voilent to have him away from the rest of your frontline. I agree Pursuer and Beastlord help with contesting on multiple fonts, but its not something we excel at compared with other decks.

Out of curiosity, what level of Battlemaster and Regen do you run on your Blackscale Centurions?

19. darklord48

darklord48 Forum Royalty

I never run higher than Regeneration 2 otherwise the font bonus is lost.

Anima26 likes this.
  20. Tweek516

Tweek516 I need me some PIE!

Plus empathy.

Anima26 and darklord48 like this.