Myx Spellbinder

Discussion in 'Rune Ideas and Suggestions' started by Anima26, Sep 17, 2016.

1. Anima26

Anima26 I need me some PIE!

Myx Spellbinder

Appearance:
    A very stocky bug that has mutated and looks different to a normal drone. It is rounder in shape with a thick, dome shaped carapace. It has runic marks all over it which have empowered the bug with unnatural abilities. The bug gives off a faint magical glow. (I imagine it to be a tough looking, ball shaped bug with a thick shell, glowing with magical power and covered in runes basically.)

The bugs came into existence when a tunneling Matriarch stumbled into a long abandoned, chamber that was once a hideaway for a great sorcerer but has long since been buried beneath the shifting sands. The Matriarch thinking nothing of the chamber, made it her nest and began laying pupae. The chamber was full of dusty artifacts, relics and bookshelves full of old tomes and scrolls. The air within the huge chamber was rife with potent magic which caused great mutations to the pupae. When they hatched they were no longer drones, they were bigger, more intelligent and covered in runic marks and symbols. The Myx quickly made great use of their new found weapon.

Something like this maybe: http://orig06.deviantart.net/81b9/f...lien_final_copy_copy_by_funkydomo-d71esuj.jpg but covered in runes and symbols and glowing with magical power. I couldnt find any images of what i had in my head but this is sort of similar, just way less ball shaped and less magical looking. Its not really what i was looking for but Google let me down.

Flavor Text:
    "Is that bug waving at me?" "No captain, it appears to be weaving spell seals into the air." ~ an Ironfist scouting party.

Faction: Sundered Lands
    Nora Cost: ?? (high 60s to mid 70s?)
    Size: 1x1
    Race: Arthropod/ Myx
    Class: Warrior/Wizard
    Rarity: Common/Uncommon/Rare or Exotic.

Base Stats:

DMG: 8
    SPD: 6
    RNG: 1-2
    DEF: 2
    HP: 48

44 ish nora for stats i think (a bit of a guess)

Base Abilities:
    Attack: Magical - 2n
    Magic Aura 3 - 6n
    Tough 1 - 5n
    Teleport 1 - 6n

63ish nora no upgrades i think.

Upgrade 1:
    Strike - 2n
    Magic Beam - 9n
    Sunder 2 - 8n

Upgrade 2:
    Brood Bond - 2n
    Resistance: Magical 2 - 4n
    Damage Shield: Magical 3 - 3n

Possible final costs:
    Strike path: 67/69/68
    Magic Beam path: 74/76/75
    Sunder 2 path: 73/75/74

Most of the front line options for Myx are 2x2 and it would be really nice to have a 1x1 alternative. Demonclaw is good but hes more of a sand rune than a Myx rune. Kwing is good but its not a Myx and is another 2x2. Adamant is good and a Myx but he is yet another 2x2. Archnic is an option, but again hes a 2x2. Combined with Matriarch and Sand Spitters theres too many 2x2s. If this rune existed i would be able to replace Kwing Alphas or Adamant and run less 2x2s melee which would help a lot on certain maps.

Kinda wanted to try and kill two birds with one stone. Too many 2x2s melees and no magic damage. I wanted a 1x1 frontline Myx for map reasons, i wanted it to provide much needed magical damage and then i thought an answer to high defence would be helpful too. This is what i came up with. This is my first time messing around making a rune idea so please be gentle. Feedback appreciated because id like a rune like this to exist so if we can get it to a point where its balanced and worth being released in some variation, then that would be excellent.

Last edited: Sep 17, 2016
  2. Anima26

Anima26 I need me some PIE!