Potential Runes That Need Love

Discussion in 'Forglar Swamp' started by Skullferno, Sep 1, 2016.

1. themacca

themacca Master of Challenges

It has a minimum range requirement of 4 now.

2. Sokolov

Sokolov The One True Cactuar Octopi

Oh, that was awhile ago. I thought he was referencing something recently, since he said "now" in his statement.

Got it.

3. themacca

themacca Master of Challenges

well it was some time in the last 2 expansions. so that is relevant enough to call it a recent change

4. Sokolov

Sokolov The One True Cactuar Octopi

Either way, now I know what he is saying :)

Though it mostly just means it doesn't affect short range units... there are some 3-5s left around, but mostly they are 2-4 or 4-5/4-6/5-6 these days.

5. Anima26

Anima26 I need me some PIE!

Ive always wanted Snap Helm to be a Snaptooth equipment.

Snaptooth Helm:
    Nora ?? 30?
    Equipped champion gains a rank of Resistance: Physical and 2 dmg. If equipped champion has race Snaptooth, it also gains Pounce 3.

Or
    Snaptooth Helm:
    Nora ??
    Equipped champion gains a rank of Resistance: Physical and 2 dmg. If it has Race: Snaptooth, enemy champions within 3 spaces are Feared for 2 turns.

Just two random ideas i just thought of

6. Compost

Compost I need me some PIE!

You could rework marsh fable, it's a solid contender for p4p most useless spell in the game, almost at the level of that ST spell that fills chasms.

But seriously, Forglar jelly fish is just a few tweeks away from viability, like one ability removal away...

it's aquatic. That's the one ability.

7. Anima26

The good old days when jellyfish was the bomb

8. Compost

Compost I need me some PIE!

Its still dope as hell on water maps lol I ran one in an early draft of a jelly deck and it kicked ass on that snow map with the lake in the middle. Replicate and fire poison darts all day

9. bagoftrick

bagoftrick I need me some PIE!

no, firstly its a relic and therefore unless the ability came in on cooldown this would always benefit the user. secondly, if it came in on cooldown the relic would be pointless because it would be removed by your opponent giving them control over it. designing a relic to be double edged would be incredibly difficult considering that they are often played up front and by their own nature usually an instant return on cost on deploy. this would only work on something like unholy tomb that could be played in relative safety and then it wouldn't be double edged.

It should have a secondary activated ability, therefore allowing poison to still have the option to deal with things like the Alpha Krikkenwing. The secondary activated ability should put all abilities on swamp warts on cooldown when activated, this would then at least require a level of thought and judgement on what option is better dependant on circumstances.

10. Skullferno

Skullferno I need me some PIE!

I ran a deck a few months back that was basically meta FS but I ran 2 Marsh Fables in the deck. I'm not gonna lie, I won 7/10 games if the player didn't already know it was a trick deck. People get intimidated by the clone and as long as you just hold it back while keep summoning real stuff it is a great strategy tactic

Anima26 likes this.
  11. Skullferno

I see where you are going, but honestly Swamp Warts is useless in poison now after the mass removal of immunity poison on almost everything. I know a select few things still have immunity poison, hence why I run Vault to give attack electricity. Also I suggest thinking before you speak next time on ideas that I posted. There are other runes out there already that are similar to my idea, and the idea I posted above could be tweaked to not be abused.

Anima26 likes this.
  12. Anima26

I agree that Warts could definitely do with a change now. Its pretty redundant now i can hit relics whenever i want, thats all i ran it for.

13. bagoftrick

bagoftrick I need me some PIE!

I should point out you said similar. Not the same. the only thing that jumps out as been close to your description is long fuse bomb and look how that worked out. people abused it due to the level of control the user of the champion had. so i thought about my post. but thanks for your bad advice.

14. Skullferno

*pulls out collection of medals* Wow, it's like I took a design already in the game and sortav twisted it to fit another rune. Like it can be made easier for the devs to redo this rune, and also take precautions to make so that people don't abuse it like said rune that it was based after. Wow, thank you for much insight Bagof****s

Man, we should totally wast-no waste. Yeah waste, the time to put your idea to the spotlight and make an already useless rune more useless! Man, thanks a lot again.

15. Anima26

I think Darkmarsh Sorcerer could really do with a slight change to make him more attractive to run. He offers ranged magic damage, AoE, a form of indirect attack and anti defense which is good. I want to run him as he offers some valuable tools for Boghoppers but he falls short for me because he is lumbered, imo, with the Abuse Charged and Charged Bomb thing. He just doesnt need those abilities when he already has access to a Magic Bomb, has always seemed abit odd to me. Hes too squishy to get any use out of Charged Bomb most of the time. Even with Abuse Charged 3 he needs to be tapped twice before he can use it, its not very likely that he will live long if hes being tapped twice, especially as he has 2-4 range, 0 defense and 42 hp. You will rarely be able to use the abilities that hes paying 8 + 1/2/3 for.

I think he could either lose Charged Magic Bomb and get a cheaper charge mechanic like Charged Heal (only real one that seemed fitting and was cheaper, shame there isnt more to choose from, there is also Charged Portal) or he could lose Charged Magic Bomb and the Abuse Charged upgrade line and have them replaced with other abilities, this would require more thinking so i dont have any ideas off top of my head but something cheap so his cost doesnt end up higher than it already is.

Last edited: Sep 24, 2016
  16. 4NIK8

4NIK8 I need me some PIE!

I agree that Sorcerer needs a redesign. The idea of double bomb is nice, but the way it was implemented just sucks. I bet this rune is one of the least played in boghopper theme (this one or mentor). The 2-4 range also stinks in such a squishy champ. So the abilities are not the only thing shoeboxing her. Would be nice if she turned into a passive aggressive kind of support (among the lines of Totem of the Fallen): Charged Bomb + Spell Charged + Spellswallower + Weaken Spells, it could loose it's attack and shoebox range and get like nora shield 2 or something like this (it's a sorcerer after all, a master of spells and magic). This way she wouldn't be just another ranged champ, could add a different twist to frogs.

Other rune that really need attention is boghopper paladin, ever since his never I haven't seen anyone running that champ. I really don't think he needed such a nerf and now he does nothing but stand there soaking dmg and even at that Drk Enforcer is better. Give him protective back!

17. aseryen

aseryen I need me some PIE!

What's wrong with Sea Song? Darkmarsh Witch and Aspect of Growth are best Candidates as with Portalmage but that rune is eh. I think it serves it's purpose; not all runes need to fit into meta decks.

18. 4NIK8

Whats the point of dividing the charges among your champs?? The only bg currently using this is live123's FS/UD Cataclysm cheese. There's no mechanic within the faction that would benefit from this and there are barely any charging mechanic that would call for a 6 turn hard counter.

19. Capitulator

Capitulator I need me some PIE!

One rework could just be to have more champs with charge mechanics. Then it would have some utilitly as an FS version of Sacrifice (get charges back instead of nora) and occassionally to use on opponents who run AoV or the Leviathan.

Or... how about Mirevixen gets Spellsurge: Sea Song?

20. 4NIK8

What seems easier? rework a bunch of champs to make the spell work or just rework the spell? Also good luck running this spell in your bg to counter 2 champs in the entire game that are rarely ever played...